SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
true about all not sure about doering. all reserve players apart from weirnet and long and hairy who will be masive ins for the pies, but they have may of lost ben perkins it is likely he is moving back closer to family

all have signed, jezza and jlo shouldnt be points as there former merbein players, perko is staying, with a good pre season the others are probably more than capable of playing ones in 2012, good signs for the pies.

why would Merbein bother with this players? There not going to get them into the top 4.
i honestly dont see this as a step forward for Merbz, if anything these guy are going to cost them points on the system and take up enough cash...

usually takes more than one player to get a side into the four, was one of the better players in the sfl 2-3 years ago at wenty so surely still has a bit to offer, by the sounds of things the top four should remain the same with possibly the exclusion of rvale so maybe merbein or mildura could make it???????

Apparently Merbein have also signed Sam Doering(ex mildura), Francis Kelly(ex imps), Josh Longeri and Jeremy Weirnet (ex sea lake), Cam O'Brien (ex irymple), Lochlan Rohde (ex red cliffs) as well. These players will cost them some points

Back to the points for these guys.......
Doering, Kelly,Rhode all 5 O'Brien 4 maybe 5 The other 2 are zero
So thats 19 or 20 points
They cant fit them in unless they lose some of last years points. I reckon they've got 14 points to spare. Maybe less cause they didnt finish on the bottom.
So they tell one or two of these guys that we reckon your a seconds player your not getting a senior game.
They also cant recruit anyone else for 2012
By the way why isnt harris getting points for merbein he played for irymple didnt he

So thats 19 or 20 points
They cant fit them in unless they lose some of last years points. I reckon they've got 14 points to spare. Maybe less cause they didnt finish on the bottom.
So they tell one or two of these guys that we reckon your a seconds player your not getting a senior game.
By the way why isnt harris getting points for merbein he played for irymple didnt he

Harris has left town (gippsland) zac kelly is going to uni so will get a few there perko is now 0 points, me & sedgemen (only 50/50 players) no longer cost points so not sure where we stand, dunno how the points system works....

So thats 19 or 20 points

5 point for Eggmoleese!

Didnt count him, even with zac kelly gone it still leaves them pretty close to the cut off line.
zac goes they're save four points Eggmoleese comes in they go up five

Boys great to see some action on hear finally.......but dont read to much into the point system. There are rules yes!!! but the clubs have the right to self evaluate all there players. So if a club was ever close to the limit they could just re evaluate there list.

If it was obvious that they wernt trying to buy a P/ship then im sure common sence would prevail and the teams that are rebuilding would be able to fit the intra club players they are chasing.

The points should be counted on a game by game basis.......all clubs would then be able to see whats what.....and then they would not have to worry about the fringe players that come in and out of the side.......and lets be serious those guys wouldnt be getting alot if any anyway!!!

Boys great to see some action on hear finally.......but dont read to much into the point system. There are rules yes!!! but the clubs have the right to self evaluate all there players. So if a club was ever close to the limit they could just re evaluate there list.

If it was obvious that they wernt trying to buy a P/ship then im sure common sence would prevail and the teams that are rebuilding would be able to fit the intra club players they are chasing.

The points should be counted on a game by game basis.......all clubs would then be able to see whats what.....and then they would not have to worry about the fringe players that come in and out of the side.......and lets be serious those guys wouldnt be getting alot if any anyway!!!

Not correct at all. Really you are saying the the points system is not worth the paper it is written on and the clubs are allowed to do things to minipulate it.
Clubs fill out a salary cap points system and submit it to the league at the start of the season. Most clubs by then have allready discussed with the league what certain players will be points wise. Once the cap is submitted the league then confirms whether they think what has been allocated is correct. I think a couple of clubs are just out there signing as many players as they can and will worry about it later. Not wise.

This is merbeins points from last year...

McCaig 2
Sedgman 3
Hooker 1
Perkins 1
Bateman 5
Kelly 5
Austin 4
Spare points 7

If all players down grade by one point a year and Kelly leaves that will mean they will have 18 points to spend.

I am not sure how the points systems works but are the points down graded for F.Kelly and C.O'Brien coz they payed in the millewa? or do they get 4 points as fringe players such as Z.Hartshorn and R.Mike did at Irymple last year?

This is merbeins points from last year...

McCaig 2
Sedgman 3
Hooker 1
Perkins 1
Bateman 5
Kelly 5
Austin 4
Spare points 7

If all players down grade by one point a year and Kelly leaves that will mean they will have 18 points to spend.

I am not sure how the points systems works but are the points down graded for F.Kelly and C.O'Brien coz they payed in the millewa? or do they get 4 points as fringe players such as Z.Hartshorn and R.Mike did at Irymple last year?

Kelly and O Brien may drop to four pointers because of a year in the Millewa.

And I still dont know why harris wasnt on merbeins list for points for 2011???

Are you talking about Brodie Harris? didnt he play for merbz in 2010 does that still count? Also heard hooker has left the regin so can take his points out or however he works...

Are you talking about Brodie Harris? didnt he play for merbz in 2010 does that still count? Also heard hooker has left the regin so can take his points out or however he works...

yea i think hooks has left haven't heard wether his staying or not he is getting on a bit but still a class player. very influential player at our club, not sure why harris wasnt worth points would have thought he was on the list maybe a typo????

i thought the points went on a game by game basis, we had a few players miss out on games because we didnt have ebough points for one particular day last year????

the points system operates on a game day basis, the points are calculated by the playing list submitted prior to the game. so depending on who is playing one week a team may exceed their allocated tally and may have to not play a certain player. I am not sure about the sunraysia league but in the central murray the clubs have different club totals, ie city clubs have less points than say a balranald.
also if a player recruited is a senior/reserves player a club can apply to the league to have his points lowered due to the fact he is more of a reserves player than a senior player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the points system operates on a game day basis, the points are calculated by the playing list submitted prior to the game. so depending on who is playing one week a team may exceed their allocated tally and may have to not play a certain player. I am not sure about the sunraysia league but in the central murray the clubs have different club totals, ie city clubs have less points than say a balranald.
also if a player recruited is a senior/reserves player a club can apply to the league to have his points lowered due to the fact he is more of a reserves player than a senior player

Not a game based points system in SFNL but your total list i.e it cant exceed 22 points (base amount with extra points allocated to clubs for various reasons). Clubs can designate a player as a reserve player and as such he gets no points. Local players, club juniors, returning local players are not allocated points (I believe all players in the CMFL have points allocated.)
I reckon I prefer this system, I dont like the idea of having to drop a player based on the points total.
I still think our system could do with a few tweaks.

Any news of recruits coming into town? Things are quiet on the recruiting side of things?
So far only Red Cliffs have indicated they have recruited some quality players from out of this league.

Any news of recruits coming into town? Things are quiet on the recruiting side of things?
So far only Red Cliffs have indicated they have recruited some quality players from out of this league.

I reckon clubs like to keep recruiting quiet until players are signed sealed and delivered.

Not a game based points system in SFNL but your total list i.e it cant exceed 22 points (base amount with extra points allocated to clubs for various reasons). Clubs can designate a player as a reserve player and as such he gets no points. Local players, club juniors, returning local players are not allocated points (I believe all players in the CMFL have points allocated.)
I reckon I prefer this system, I dont like the idea of having to drop a player based on the points total.
I still think our system could do with a few tweaks.

My only points of change and ive stated this before are as follows.

1.) Points should be counted on a game by game basis. If a club is stupid enough to fall over then they play with only 2 or 1 on the bench I would almost guarantee they will lose. And i would strongly doubt that Any SFL coaches would allow it to get to that level.

2.) 1 Player is free not the coach: Currently 4 of the club coaches are 0 points anyway.

3.) CLubs to remain self assesing - and just a little commen sense to be applied. I mean No affence to Sedgy but if he is costing 3 points to Merbs its not 100% right i mean he only left Irymple to play with his mates. He wouldnt be getting paid (i Hope) and he is not going to win a game of his own boot. If merbs where to hit there quota and not be able to get anymore players cleared to them the leauge would be no better off.

My only points of change and ive stated this before are as follows.

1.) Points should be counted on a game by game basis. If a club is stupid enough to fall over then they play with only 2 or 1 on the bench I would almost guarantee they will lose. And i would strongly doubt that Any SFL coaches would allow it to get to that level.

2.) 1 Player is free not the coach: Currently 4 of the club coaches are 0 points anyway.

3.) CLubs to remain self assesing - and just a little commen sense to be applied. I mean No affence to Sedgy but if he is costing 3 points to Merbs its not 100% right i mean he only left Irymple to play with his mates. He wouldnt be getting paid (i Hope) and he is not going to win a game of his own boot. If merbs where to hit there quota and not be able to get anymore players cleared to them the leauge would be no better off.

Rules are rules if we dont maintain some control then clubs will abuse the system as they did with the salary cap.

Rules are rules if we dont maintain some control then clubs will abuse the system as they did with the salary cap.

All the Rules will remain the same apart from the 3 points above. The point of the system is to insure junior development and make sure clubs dont go out and try and buy p/ships. However the supports wanna see good footy and a great players comming into the leauge.

I would hate to see a club like w/worth or Iry miss out on a recruit due to fact that alves and byrnesy coaches them who are locals anyway. Both clubs are along way of this happening but it doesnt help the leauge any if they were to miss out because of that reason.

Therefore amend the rules slightly and all clubs could benifit.

All the Rules will remain the same apart from the 3 points above.
The point of the system is to insure junior development and make sure clubs dont go out and try and buy p/ships. However the supports wanna see good footy and a great players comming into the leauge.

I would hate to see a club like w/worth or Iry miss out on a recruit due to fact that alves and byrnesy coaches them who are locals anyway. Both clubs are along way of this happening but it doesnt help the leauge any if they were to miss out because of that reason.

Therefore amend the rules slightly and all clubs could benifit.

Are you saying that you know these rules are about to change or this is just what Delray would change?

Are you saying that you know these rules are about to change or this is just what Delray would change?

These rules have been amended since the inception of the process. we now have what is virtually a new board so i would expect some more development of the process.

I heard at cricket today that the Dees are flying in three players to play next year. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of that is. Its been tried before and doesn't work.
I guess it will simply encourage some of their U 18's from the recent years to try their luck elsewhere.
One other club seems to beating off disgruntled U18's. The points system at work. However if other recruiting plans peter out they may change their mind.

First 2012

Nothing really of note.
Just thought I'd be first for 2012.
Anyone care to make any early predictions for 2012.

I'll make a few with no real insight.

Grand Finalists Wenty V Irymple (predicting a winner this early would be a bit too much )
Merbein and Red Cliffs to to improve (whether or not they move up the ladder is another story.
Maybe Robinvale to drop off (maybe even out of the finals)

Nothing too exciting above but it is the first of the first.
Have a good year everyone!!

Mildura did have a few guys up from melbourne to have a look around but i have heard that they are no longer interested and will be staying in Melbourne. I have also heard that Ant Matthews is fielding offers from a couple of Mallee clubs and is no certainty to be in mildura colours next year unless they can find a little bit extra coin. Anyone heard anything similar??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back