SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

t
Does that not work the other way? Drunktard slurring words starts copping punches from a player? Retaliation is not tolerated on the field, how often do you see the retaliator getting suspended instead of the initiator. IANAL but pretty sure in a street fight both parties get charged the same, regardless who threw first, or at least close to the same. The retaliator is certainly not "let free". I'm not claiming to know who threw first, no one should be claiming that as no one knows. My point is it shouldn't matter. Both parties are equally accountable for their actions.

You, like most others here, seem to be adamant mount threw first. So give us all your undeniable proof. What? You don't have any? Exactly.

Don't associate me with mount, haven't played there in 3 years. Nor do I know if they've been "crying poor" or not. And not sure why people claim they are. Not a single person posting on here has been associated with them as they have a league imposed ban. As do CPL. There were 3-4 posts early from a CPL player whinging about not getting to play the last half and they got deleted within minutes.

2000 witnesses is pretty solid proof.

looks like your crying poor to me. standard mount mentality.

Couldn't agree more. But that sentiment goes both ways. No matter what verbal abuse may be thrown by any supporter, racial, drunkard or otherwise should ever result in a player hitting a spectator. Players v Players to be dealt with on field by umpires and tribunals, Supporters v Supporters off field to be dealt with by event security and police. Any mixing of those 2 groups is disgraceful, regardless of who started what, retaliation is just as bad and "defending yourself" by attacking back is 100% not an excuse for anyone, on or off the field. Everyone involved in the "brawl", supporters and players are equally to blame so stop singling out any 1 club or individual.

No one here has the actual facts, no one from either club is allowed to comment or it will be deleted by the league anyway, as we've already seen half the posts deleted. So I suggest you all take your speculation of "I heard blah" elsewhere, since it holds absolutely no merit, is completely untrue and you're only going to cause people to believe your lies.
I was 5m from the incident and couldn't see a thing, so speculation of "I saw everything" is bulldust. And claims of 4,000+ crowd is an absolute joke. 1 newspaper reported that figure and everyone has run with it. Be lucky to get 4,000 at div 1, let alone div 3. Would be lucky to have been 2,000 there.
I'm not from either club involved but the powers that be say that I'm not supposed to say anything about the incident. I personally think the whole thing is a joke. And the selwood factor comes into play

Does anyone here know when the conclusion is supposed to be announced? Because if you don't play the best teams in the division the league might as well make it a two division league. And the players that signed up to have fun go back to there original teams/ leagues!

Their will be a meeting held on Thursday night for all clubs to attend, so I believe they will deliberate then. Same thing when Doveton were in trouble for racial abuse in 2011. Doveton were kicked out of the league and appealed with the clubs voting to reinstate them. Doveton did a great job in fixing their culture and getting rid of a lot of the trouble.
This is far worse then what happened then, so we will have to wait and see the outcome.

Their will be a meeting held on Thursday night for all clubs to attend, so I believe they will deliberate then. Same thing when Doveton were in trouble for racial abuse in 2011. Doveton were kicked out of the league and appealed with the clubs voting to reinstate them. Doveton did a great job in fixing their culture and getting rid of a lot of the trouble.
This is far worse then what happened then, so we will have to wait and see the outcome.

I thought the Doveton thing was for allowing their coach to still coach even though he'd been suspended by AFL victoria for multiple seasons?

I don't think Doveton were ever kicked out for racism. First was the coach got a 3 game ban not years. And that was bullshit in the first place. The second time was I believe there was off field duties not meet in time.

I don't think Doveton were ever kicked out for racism. First was the coach got a 3 game ban not years. And that was bullshit in the first place. The second time was I believe there was off field duties not meet in time.
Yeah man, supporters at the 2011 elimination final hurling racial abuse at the Southern dragons playing group as they were heading to the change rooms.
League then punished them and kicked them out of the league (that was the final straw). Doveton appealed and a majority of the SFL clubs decided to give them another chance. Like I said, the club got good administration in after that, changed the culture, recruited well and won the premiership 2 years later. I don't know why I'm giving you a history lesson here Kaine, you were at Doveton for that duration. ;-)

Last edited:
Kaine listen to Daniel, you are one of the very few remaining that are still influenced by the ex coach that caused the issues. You conveniently forget that Doveton were given 3 chances back then, umpires refused to umpire games there and the SFL boss got death threats. But to Doveton and the leagues enormous credit they have turned everything around - well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats makes Mount the new Doveton...lol
Not quite Cragly, but on a scale of bringing the game into disrepute this exceeds the Doveton scenario.. Difference being that Doveton were given opportunities to improve and when they didn't they were severely penalised but it is probably the story of the SFL in modern times where Doveton did eventually improve and become a much better club, not perfect of course but a lot better.

Not with Keysborough coming in. Moorabbin will still be relegated, its just a question of whether anyone will be promoted.
Super I heard yesterday that the Constitution will need to change to have Moorabbin come down under the current circumstances..

Couldn't agree more. But that sentiment goes both ways. No matter what verbal abuse may be thrown by any supporter, racial, drunkard or otherwise should ever result in a player hitting a spectator. Players v Players to be dealt with on field by umpires and tribunals, Supporters v Supporters off field to be dealt with by event security and police. Any mixing of those 2 groups is disgraceful, regardless of who started what, retaliation is just as bad and "defending yourself" by attacking back is 100% not an excuse for anyone, on or off the field. Everyone involved in the "brawl", supporters and players are equally to blame so stop singling out any 1 club or individual.

No one here has the actual facts, no one from either club is allowed to comment or it will be deleted by the league anyway, as we've already seen half the posts deleted. So I suggest you all take your speculation of "I heard blah" elsewhere, since it holds absolutely no merit, is completely untrue and you're only going to cause people to believe your lies.

I was 5m from the incident and couldn't see a thing, so speculation of "I saw everything" is bulldust. And claims of 4,000+ crowd is an absolute joke. 1 newspaper reported that figure and everyone has run with it. Be lucky to get 4,000 at div 1, let alone div 3. Would be lucky to have been 2,000 there.

Haha couldn't gree more re the crowd size, Ch7 reported 3500 - 4000, I was there for the magoos and unless about 2500 people suddenly rocked up just as the seniors started i'd be surprised if there were more than 1500 there, sounds like a "Docklands" crowd figure to me!

Not with Keysborough coming in. Moorabbin will still be relegated, its just a question of whether anyone will be promoted.
Haha couldn't gree more re the crowd size, Ch7 reported 3500 - 4000, I was there for the magoos and unless about 2500 people suddenly rocked up just as the seniors started i'd be surprised if there were more than 1500 there, sounds like a "Docklands" crowd figure to me!
They will be lucky to get 4,000 at the div 1 final and this is with the following Dingley have so a max of 1500 at the Div 3 final I would suggest..

They will be lucky to get 4,000 at the div 1 final and this is with the following Dingley have so a max of 1500 at the Div 3 final I would suggest..

Carrum has a similar following to Dingley.

This was Mounts chance at getting in big dollar sponsors and high quality players should they have gone up. Probably better off they embarrassed themselves now before they did it in Div 2.

Super I heard yesterday that the Constitution will need to change to have Moorabbin come down under the current circumstances..

Hallam could be on the financial ropes. So one could drop out entirely.

fwiw i commented earlier that day that the crowd looked at least 3K to 3.5K, and the 2 blokes i said it to replied something like "at least".

Was a perfect day for footy, no afl footy in Melbourne, and a match up most thought would be a pretty close game....was well over 1500 from what i could tell.

That doesn't really make a lot of sense.

You would think that neither team would be promoted to Div 2 after the GF, meaning the most likely outcome is a ten team Div 2 in 2015 (Keysborough in and Moorabbin relegated) and an 11 team Div 3

That doesn't really make a lot of sense.

You would think that neither team would be promoted to Div 2 after the GF, meaning the most likely outcome is a ten team Div 2 in 2015 (Keysborough in and Moorabbin relegated) and an 11 team Div 3

Very difficult to predict where anyone would be playing in 2015 with 2 clubs coming in, 2 clubs are financially on the ropes and then the current no result in division 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back