cormick

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 13, 2007
em dub
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burgers, City
Is this guy worth anything at the trade table? Sitting on the fence as to whether or not we trade him, considering loyalty is a trait I value, but, possibly to the Gold Coast who will be looking for senior players and hardened bodies to shelter their youngsters, a trade would be possible. Especially now he's likely to finish top 5 in the B&F, which is taken into account when working out compensatory picks.

Considering he's 28 now and probably wouldn't be a major player in our next premiership tilt (although Tuck's tend to hang around a fair bit :eek:), so: what picks would we get for him (in a future draft), and are they worth more to us than he might be?

Haven't you heard...he's single-handedly turned us around and is probably the greatest player with that surname in the history of the game...will win the B&F, MVP, Brownlow, is a certainty for AA and will be a superstar by the time he's 35 and will play until his 46....which is of course was why he was so sought after during last year's trade week....rival clubs were just beating a path to our door....

Funny.

In fairness to him, he has minimised his long kicks to the opposition. And he's been our best midfielder for the last 2 months.

Is this guy worth anything at the trade table? Sitting on the fence as to whether or not we trade him, considering loyalty is a trait I value, but, possibly to the Gold Coast who will be looking for senior players and hardened bodies to shelter their youngsters, a trade would be possible. Especially now he's likely to finish top 5 in the B&F, which is taken into account when working out compensatory picks.

Considering he's 28 now and probably wouldn't be a major player in our next premiership tilt (although Tuck's tend to hang around a fair bit :eek:), so: what picks would we get for him (in a future draft), and are they worth more to us than he might be?

Mate our premiership tilt will be next year and tuck ill be 29 and a major player.....no bullshit

He is playing good football, if he keeps playing like this, sign him up on another contract for the next season.

No point trading him if he is playing like this, no matter what his age is.

Haven't you heard...he's single-handedly turned us around and is probably the greatest player with that surname in the history of the game...will win the B&F, MVP, Brownlow, is a certainty for AA and will be a superstar by the time he's 35 and will play until his 46....which is of course was why he was so sought after during last year's trade week....rival clubs were just beating a path to our door....

2yxhv9f.jpg

give it a break!!!!!

But you probably think we should be tanking for PP as well.....There aren't enough good teams in the AFL to persuade me we can't win it all next year.
I would love the PP but we wont be getting it now. Every team is a chance to win, But our talls are to young to take us right up the ladder. Unless Moore and McGuane become elite in the back half we wont be up the top of the ladder maybe floating around the 8 though.

If Gold coast want Tuck and he wants to go they wont trade for him - they can just sign him and we get whatever the AFL's compensation formula dictates. BYO Vaseline

I would love the PP but we wont be getting it now. Every team is a chance to win, But our talls are to young to take us right up the ladder. Unless Moore and McGuane become elite in the back half we wont be up the top of the ladder maybe floating around the 8 though.

Maybe but atm i really only rate geelong the rest of the teams are hit and miss.....plus lots of teams will lose players to the gold coast which could very much go in our favor.

.....Jack Riewoldt will be one year bigger and could lead us to a flag, even if he doesn't kick the goals.

Is Zac Dawson elite?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gold coast want Tuck and he wants to go they wont trade for him - they can just sign him and we get whatever the AFL's compensation formula dictates. BYO Vaseline
Sorry, that's what I meant - the compensatory pick to be used in a couple of years might be worth more to us than Tuck.

He'd have to be worth something, he shits all over Ball and McLean and probably has as long left in the game as they both do. You've got to give something good to get something good - it just depends what picks we could get for him.

As much as I'd love to see him play the rest of his time in the yellow and black and stick it up 'em, a good draft pick would be hard to turn down.

He'd have to be worth something, he shits all over Ball and McLean and probably has as long left in the game as they both do. You've got to give something good to get something good - it just depends what picks we could get for him.

As much as I'd love to see him play the rest of his time in the yellow and black and stick it up 'em, a good draft pick would be hard to turn down.

...fair call...as much as i like early draft picks...would hate to see this developing team that are obviously enjoying playing for each other...broken up for draft picks...

If Tuck is traded, who comes in and shares the inside grunt work load with Martin? Thompson?

His worth to the team in terms of sharing such workloads and protecting lighter bodied, younger players is invaluable at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back