Universal Love Sheedy returns home to Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Doss installed a breathalyser on my account. I can't post over .05 anymore.

Bit of an overreaction I thought....
So we'll only see you between 7am and 11am then?

Hope we did our due-diligence with background checks at GWS, otherwise this really isn't a good look....
Ha, I actually hope we did call Gill just to see what his reaction would be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon rejoices as Kevin Sheedy is set to return home

Date
March 3, 2015 - 9:00PM
  • Read later

Caroline Wilson
Chief Football Writer for The Age
View more articles from Caroline Wilson

Email Caroline

1425373207539.jpg

Kevin Sheedy bids goodbye to the MCG crowd after his last home game as Essendon coach on Ausust 26, 2007.Photo: John Donegan

Essendon's desperate but determined campaign to lure Kevin Sheedy back to the Bombers has been successful.

A cocktail of club and coterie money – conservatively estimated at an annual $250,000 – has been raised to install the four-time premiership coach as a community ambassador and welcome distraction from the harsh realities of everything that Essendon has become.

The move only requires the rubber stamp from Sheedy's current employer Greater Western Sydney who may seek compensation from Essendon for their inaugural coach to break his agreement with them.

The two clubs have been negotiating since the Bombers finally put a formal offer last week to the man still regarded by so many Essendon members as their spiritual leader. After all, Sheedy's deal with the Giants, where he is also a club director, runs until 2017 with exit clauses.

Advertisement
Interestingly, Sheedy's former champion captain James Hird has not been part of the team wooing Sheedy. Interesting too that he will become one of four former AFL coaches now at the club with Mark Harvey, Neil Craig and Mark Neeld.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...dy-is-set-to-return-home-20150303-13u4yf.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back