Club History AFL greats Kevin Sheedy and Terry Daniher named in Krakouer brothers' racism class action

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim should sit back on this one and let the process play out (you'd think he'd have learned that after the meddling in the drugs stuff).
This matter is between the Krakouer brothers and the people they've accused.
It does not need a media kangaroo court. Will help nothing and only serve egos.
He works in the media and is paid to make comment, also he was there and were you ?

He's entitled to give his version whether you approve or not, if he's wrong he will be called out.

I'd hate to be in the trenches with you !

He works in the media and is paid to make comment, also he was there and were you ?

He's entitled to give his version whether you approve or not, if he's wrong he will be called out.

I'd hate to be in the trenches with you !
whats the last comment meant to mean?
Its just a game and no one should have loyalty to ex teammates /coaches if they have done the wrong thing. I hate that boys club mentality.

whats the last comment meant to mean?
Its just a game and no one should have loyalty to ex teammates /coaches if they have done the wrong thing. I hate that boys club mentality.
Not sure how you've come to this conclusion...the reason I made that comment was Watson is entitled to have his opinion as he was there in meetings, to say he shouldn't comment gives me the impression that Sheedy has already been found guilty.

None of us know the facts and won't till they come out, but if he's guilty then he should face the full consequences of his actions, nothing to do with having blind loyalty.

My question is why now?
Why not 7 years ago straight after the sportsman nights comment if that's where it has stemmed from.

Must have been other witnesses to it if he said it at a sportsman’s night.

Good on Tim …he’s simply saying I was a player and was there and never did I hear him say to racially vilify a player. Not sure why he can’t vouch for that

My logic is... the AFL will orchestrate whatever outcome suits them, regardless of who says what in the meantime.

Sheedy, Daniher, Duckworth all named in ABC article. Only non-essendon persons named Rod Austin and Wayne Johnston

"Kevin Sheedy is now a director at the Essendon Football Club.

He has told the ABC he cannot comment because the matter is before the court"

More likely he cannot comment because Essendon have him stuck down in the basement somewhere. It's the only way to be sure...

hannibal1.gif

Tim should sit back on this one and let the process play out (you'd think he'd have learned that after the meddling in the drugs stuff).
This matter is between the Krakouer brothers and the people they've accused.
It does not need a media kangaroo court. Will help nothing and only serve egos.

The specific allegation besmirches Watson as well.

He's not weighing in as a character witness. Surely he's entitled to speak to his own knowledge.

Must have been other witnesses to it if he said it at a sportsman’s night.

Good on Tim …he’s simply saying I was a player and was there and never did I hear him say to racially vilify a player. Not sure why he can’t vouch for that
He exonnerates Sheeds but stops short of doing the same for Merrett, Duckworth and Daniher.

He says, "I heard some shameful things said to other players and to our players on the field.", so that's interesting too. He's giving us half a truth.

It's not inconceivable to me that Sheedy could have had a quiet word to a select player or a select few players, and given them a special task. Just because Tim didn't hear it doesn't mean it wasn't said.

It's not inconceivable to me that Sheedy could have had a quiet word to a select player or a select few players, and given them a special task. Just because Tim didn't hear it doesn't mean it wasn't said.
And then he mentions it on a sportsman’s night in 2017? Why would he admit to that in 2017 after all the work he’s done? He would understand the consequences. Makes no sense.

He could’ve just said yeah I told the boys to get you guys angry to put you off your game ..like I did against other players with tempers. Could have easily been misconstrued

And then he mentions it on a sportsman’s night in 2017? Why would he admit to that in 2017 after all the work he’s done? He would understand the consequences. Makes no sense.

He could’ve just said yeah I told the boys to get you guys angry to put you off your game ..like I did against other players with tempers. Could have easily been misconstrued
So Sheeds likes a drink or three apparently. Add that to a social occasion and someone you don't see around very often... what to talk about, what to talk about...

I just don't think it's inconceivable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Sheeds likes a drink or three apparently. Add that to a social occasion and someone you don't see around very often... what to talk about, what to talk about...

I just don't think it's inconceivable.
It is not inconceivable but knowing what Sheedy was like I find it unlikely he would direct players to racially abuse players. I have no doubt he would say to players to target them but how that looks depends on the players.
Sheedy had rat cunning but he was never linked to racism. Even in his playing days.

It is not inconceivable but knowing what Sheedy was like I find it unlikely he would direct players to racially abuse players. I have no doubt he would say to players to target them but how that looks depends on the players.
Sheedy had rat cunning but he was never linked to racism. Even in his playing days.
Possible a couple of players have misinterpreted him...

In saying that it's not outside the realms for a country born and bred bumpkin like Daniher.....

I remember Lloyd saying one time as a kid he'd just been beaten up by Kretiuk at the dogs, in the rooms afterwards Sheedy had a quiet word with Mark Harvey and Dean Wallis who then pulled Lloyd aside and told him in no uncertain terms if you didn't start fighting back you wont last 5 years in the game..

TD, Merrett and Duckworth would have been Sheedys go to equivalent in the 80s to Harvey and Wallis later on for these types of tasks id say

I'd guess many players in thet era were doing it. Not right, but why single out a few?

I was a kid in the crowd in that era when they were playing and racial abuse was the norm.

Same happens in reverse to white players when they play in NT.

I remember Lloyd saying one time as a kid he'd just been beaten up by Kretiuk at the dogs, in the rooms afterwards Sheedy had a quiet word with Mark Harvey and Dean Wallis who then pulled Lloyd aside and told him in no uncertain terms if you didn't start fighting back you wont last 5 years in the game..

TD, Merrett and Duckworth would have been Sheedys go to equivalent in the 80s to Harvey and Wallis later on for these types of tasks id say
🤔😔

Don’t forget Stan Carey, limited ability, hard as ******* nails.

I think it’s fair. He hasn’t been proven of anything yet. It’s always nice to get a few different viewpoints too.
It shouldn't be too hard to prove one way or the other. They had television back in those days, even had colour and sound, someone needs to go through those games and find out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back