Sherman a Dog!

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy to have him.

Can't help thinking he might have had a few problems with the coach this year, and will hopefully get back to his form of 08 and 09.

The way we're shaping up in the forward line, i'd be very happy to keep Josh Hill..

This is great news. Our club seems to be getting better each year on luring quality recruits. We're now a place quality players want to be.

Hope he does well but not a fan. His pace is exceptional and badly need in the midfield but his decision making / disposal leaves a bit to be desired.

Disposal and decision making skills can be worked on - pace is something you either have or you don't.

Good get Dogs.

What does this leave us with for live picks ? No much I would suspect
Where getting a couple of kids, no one really knows about em but yeah were getting them with our first 2 picks Mitch Wallace I think and Tom Libbatory I think it is!

Where getting a couple of kids, no one really knows about em but yeah were getting them with our first 2 picks Mitch Wallace I think and Tom Libbatory I think it is!

Wallis and Liberatore. I'd hate to see your attempt at spelling Djerrkura.:eek:

And EVERYONE on this board knows about them.

Anyway, I think our first live pick is in the 70's. It's a late 4th rounder anyway, but I assume Hill will get us something sooner if Stack doesn't get us a 3rd rounder anyway.

Shermo will be a fan favorite when he tears it up and slots those goals & a villain when he butchers the ball and goes missing in losing games.

I think we both did well here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does this leave us with for live picks ? No much I would suspect

I see this thrown around a lot. Does it really matter? Just because the first 2 picks are not live doesn't take away that we are getting 2 absolute bargains! I don't think we should be jumping out of our skins to nab another 2nd round pick or a 3rd the draft.

Shermo will be a fan favorite when he tears it up and slots those goals & a villain when he butchers the ball and goes missing in losing games.

I think we both did well here.
Sounds like Eagleton has been adequately replaced!

If I was a doggie supporter I would be absolutely ecstatic with your trading. You guys have done sensationally. I thought you were done, perfect trading has turned this around and IMO probably the only team I could see challenging Collingwood next year.

The deal was officially signed off just an hour ago, was just a verbal agreement yesterday. Welcome to the club Sherman

Been a decent draft period for us this year. Great to see we targeted young players, hopefully they all pay off in the years ahead

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/8106902/dockers-grab-perth-demons-star/

Dockers working closely with GC, picking up pre-listed players that we were looking at for next to nothing while we are busy with bigger fish.

Thats right, we were BELIEVED to of been interested, not definately were. Heaps of teams have been linked to many names. Also teams look at and talk to many players during the off season, doesnt mean we were going for them.

I understand where your coming from though

Don't feel too bitter, can't grab everyone and be at every negotiating table at once. Plus who's to say this kid would even excel at AFL level

If I was a doggie supporter I would be absolutely ecstatic with your trading. You guys have done sensationally. I thought you were done, perfect trading has turned this around and IMO probably the only team I could see challenging Collingwood next year.

How?
DJ has done SFA in a Geelong outfit and this is reflected by no interest from other clubs.
Veszpremi has shown something but less so than Everitt and it is not enough to take our team to the next level.
Sherman is a good replacement for Harbrow but probably a downgrade.

We are equal if not worse as a team compared to the one fielded this year, the only good news is they are relatively young and there perhaps may be something to work with.

How?
DJ has done SFA in a Geelong outfit and this is reflected by no interest from other clubs.
Veszpremi has shown something but less so than Everitt and it is not enough to take our team to the next level.
Sherman is a good replacement for Harbrow but probably a downgrade.

We are equal if not worse as a team compared to the one fielded this year, the only good news is they are relatively young and there perhaps may be something to work with.

I rated Dj before his drafting, more a midfielder than a forward IMO. Despite his size can win a hard ball.

Sherman is an upgrade on Eagleton and could improve drastically with the change in club. Wouldn't get half the attention he did at Brisbane.

Veszpremi is a absolute gem of a kid personally great attitude and determination to succeed if he can get past his injuries will be a beast. Never really rated Everitt, I think you will win this trade by a mile. Also allows Higgins to be a more permanent midfielder.

Probably the three players I would have wanted my own team to chase.

"WESTERN Bulldogs recruit Justin Sherman has admitted he didn't enjoy playing football in his last two seasons at the Brisbane Lions...."

Wonder if he will write a tell-all book in the next few years. ;)

yeah wouldn't that be funny...oh and getting belittled in front of Dog rookies before getting shown the door...

Seriously, good luck with this hack...Pray that you can teach him how to kick on the run and under pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back