Should Bulldogs have their own VFL team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Everyone
With teams like Bombers, Geelong and Collingwood having their own VFL team.
Should Western Bulldogs think about parting ways with Williamstown after our 3 year deal is done and form their own VFL team?

I have respect for Williamstown and watching them play is great, but wouldn't it be better if we have our own team, so we can form different plays that will make it easier for players to get back into the senior side since we will play the same type of tempo etc, and give more of our younger plays more game time instead of being restricted to 16 players on the Willy side.

What are your thoughts, agree or disagree?

first time posting
Carn the Dogs!

we cant afford to have our own VFL side
With the new 10.3 million dollar deal we are getting, we could always put it towards a new VFL team.
Since the VFL is going to have a look over next year and see if it's worth keeping according the VFL administration, we could create our own team, possibly at a cheap cost.

I think we have the best relationship out of any club with our VFL side and im happy to keep it how it is even if I am a Werribee supporter
I understand that
and you are right
but wouldn't it be better in the long run to have our own team after the 3 year deal is done, since we can play more players and get them a better chance at playing senior side, like how Panos, Skinner and T.Hill were in and out of the Williamtown senior team though they could have easier gotta a place in our own VFL team.
but that's just my view on it :D

Would love us to have our own VFL team, Geelong has had one for years, and look how well developed their young players seem to be. They are played in the positions that they will play in the AFL.

I guess they could be the Footscray Bulldogs some people want and they could play at the Whitten Oval. Would be kind of cool.
It would bring more income to the club if we start replaying at the club (food, entry etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't use the Western Oval for paying games anymore, no fence to stop people getting in, no scoreboard and no public toilets anymore.:cool:
Well they got just put up a temp fence or something :D
They have a score board i think, didn't they use one for the team clash this year in the pre-season?

Williamstown experiment seems to work well, why change, I would rather the money put into more coaching or other programs

The VFL will not allow anymore standalone teams.
From some reports the VFL might be taken out and only have the AFL reserve teams playing, since the VFL is being looked at next year and seeing the positives on it etc

Extra coaches, extra players (top ups), extra trainers and extra medical staff are the sort of coverage we would need to fund plus we would need to pay for another playing venue. The Whitten Oval is not an option at the moment.

I think there is more urgent needs despite the obvious appeal.

I think currently there is limited downside to our current arrangement with Williamstown.

Well they got just put up a temp fence or something :D
They have a score board i think, didn't they use one for the team clash this year in the pre-season?

Under the arrangement struck with the redevelopment I don't believe that is an option.

Under the arrangement struck with the redevelopment I don't believe that is an option.
Dang it :( :p
We could use that container on the hill to make a wall? lol :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back