Shudder at the mere thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard a few whispers in the past fortnight that Richie Tambling despises Melbourne,the weather is causing him some grief in particular.I had dismissed this as garbage,but have heard at least 3 times now that he wants out at the first opportunity.Can anyone shed any light.Perhaps you can brighten up a very ordinary week.

Personally I don't care. We'll get a good swap for him anyway with a player who wants to be here.

If he wants to stay at the tigers he'll get my support. If not, asta la vista.

RodneyDangerfield said:
I have heard a few whispers in the past fortnight that Richie Tambling despises Melbourne,the weather is causing him some grief in particular.I had dismissed this as garbage,but have heard at least 3 times now that he wants out at the first opportunity.Can anyone shed any light.Perhaps you can brighten up a very ordinary week.

oh ok, and cash in an afl career for a run every second year with the aboriginal all stars in the NT....might take the kid a bit of time to settle...id be thinking his discomfort would be more likely related to not being able to get on the park with constant injuries whilst being surrounded by debutants..than anything else....

sounds like bullsh$% to me !

With my very accurate sources(not available for exposure), I can confirm that Richie is very homesick, which was surprising considering he really wanted to leave NT in the first place. Dont know about wanting to leave at the first oppourtunity. All I can say is that their is alot of work behind the scenes helping richie out. Including him moving in with his gf, his grandmother being flown down on regular occasions, and andy Krakour giving him heaps of support.Krak has now well and truly settled in Melbourne but was in a similar position to tambo. Let's face it, most us at 18 would be homesick in his situation. He'll be fine after a year or so.

he'll be right, I'l bet it has more to do with the fact he hasnt been able to get his body right and play footy. Once he gets in the team and starts strutting his stuff he'll b fine

Almost every time you here this sort of stuff it turns out to be total crap.
He's at Richmond for 2 years... then if he wants out a trade can be orgainsed. Plenty of time to change his mind.

ive read somewhere else oncen that someone went to a doctors and when the receptionist found out he was a tigers supporter she said she had a young kid living next to her but didnt remember the name (turned out to be richie) but she told him that he loves richmond even named his new cat after them he is just struggling with teh weather which he will get used to.

JohnF said:
Personally I don't care. We'll get a good swap for him anyway with a player who wants to be here.

If he wants to stay at the tigers he'll get my support. If not, asta la vista.

I'm with you JohnF, I don't want him to leave but if you don't want to play for the Yellow and Black then good riddance. We don't need the half-hearted.

Personally, I think he'll get over it and stay once he's fit and has a permanent place in the side. Go Richie!

RFCFan said:
I'm with you JohnF, I don't want him to leave but if you don't want to play for the Yellow and Black then good riddance. We don't need the half-hearted.

Personally, I think he'll get over it and stay once he's fit and has a permanent place in the side. Go Richie!
Get uncle Maurice to have a chat to him , he`ll settle in .

Only natural for him to feel this way . Pretty massive upheavel for the kid to come from where he has and land in Melbourne . I`m sure Richmond are pulling out all stops to help the kid out .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CJH said:
This topic was done on PuntRoadEnd and was loudly derided as crap.
I have no doubt the boy would be having trouble acclimatising .... but so have hundreds before him .

It would be extremely unlikely though that it would be something he can`t overcome and see his departure from punt rd.

Won`t happen

IDGAF said:
Get uncle Maurice to have a chat to him , he`ll settle in .

Only natural for him to feel this way . Pretty massive upheavel for the kid to come from where he has and land in Melbourne . I`m sure Richmond are pulling out all stops to help the kid out .
I agree IDGAF. And the fact he has had a few injury problems wouldn't help. The best medicine will be when he gets out on the field and hears the roar of the tiger army when he weaves his magic. Once he gets used to that he won't want to leave.

i heard he was fine with coming to melbourne in november. mustn't like our winter. he'll get use to it soon enough and will be a one club player

RodneyDangerfield said:
I have heard a few whispers in the past fortnight that Richie Tambling despises Melbourne,the weather is causing him some grief in particular.

Sheeez .. and we've had the best bloody Autumn weather anyone can remember.

How's he gonna be when we have a real Melbourne run of footy weather!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back