Simple Sando Says

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so over Sando comparing us with other clubs.. Stats this and stats that.. It's all irrelevant!

Start to create your own damn blue print rather than utilizing one that has been designed around a far, far superior team. I truly think that he's got his head so far up his own ass that he's confused with the direction he's trying to head. Over the last two years he's become the master of spinning words and telling people what they want to hear, yet I'm sure I'm not alone here when I say his word spinning is starting to become rather disrespectful to the fans.

Enough of the laddy-dah bs, harden the eff up - Play with a straight bat and stop with all these Stats that really nobody gives a rats ass about.

/rant

Spot on. Only stat that matters is WINS. Need to stop comforting ourselves with contested ball, clearances, inside 50's, close losses etc.

True, but Drugs these are indicators that are used to analyse game and form the framework to manufacture wins.

For example high I50s means obviously the ball is getting in there, so having a high I50 but poor Win-Loss record suggests the solution is to get better forwards. Its a simplistic way to look at it, but you get the general vibe in what I am saying.

The way I look at this year, losing to shite clubs like - Melbourne and Carlton - cost us a place in the 8 its really that simple. Win those two games and we would have been in the 8 arguably could have even have been a home final too.

Losing to middle of the road clubs - like WC, NM, Tigers is another issue.

I sometimes wonder if at the start of the year we pen in games we simply must win and field teams accordingly. In the last round we saw Sydney rest players against the Tigers, its done by plenty of other Clubs but its used usually when they play weaker teams rather than better teams.

Should the AFC look at resting players against A-grade Clubs like Hawks/Freo/Sydney/Cats away? But field strong teams against the middle of the road Clubs and lower?

What I am saying is we need to have better player management.

True, but Drugs these are indicators that are used to analyse game and form the framework to manufacture wins.

For example high I50s means obviously the ball is getting in there, so having a high I50 but poor Win-Loss record suggests the solution is to get better forwards. Its a simplistic way to look at it, but you get the general vibe in what I am saying.

I'm not talking about disregarding them. I mean taking comfort.

We lost the game but won heaps of the footy so it's not that bad... yes it is. In fact it's worse.

The way I look at this year, losing to shite clubs like - Melbourne and Carlton - cost us a place in the 8 its really that simple. Win those two games and we would have been in the 8 arguably could have even have been a home final too.

Losing to middle of the road clubs - like WC, NM, Tigers is another issue.

I sometimes wonder if at the start of the year we pen in games we simply must win and field teams accordingly. In the last round we saw Sydney rest players against the Tigers, its done by plenty of other Clubs but its used usually when they play weaker teams rather than better teams.

Should the AFC look at resting players against A-grade Clubs like Hawks/Freo/Sydney/Cats away? But field strong teams against the middle of the road Clubs and lower?

We definitely could have managed players better IMO.

Following on your theme, the away game against Freo was ideal to rest Jacobs and Dangerfield in particular.

I'm not talking about disregarding them. I mean taking comfort.

We lost the game but won heaps of the footy so it's not that bad... yes it is. In fact it's worse.
Yep I hated the quarters stat he rolled out. We won the same amount of quarters over the year as Geelong.

Yeah great - what it really means is he quarters we lost - we were smashed

Following on your theme, the away game against Freo was ideal to rest Jacobs and Dangerfield in particular.

Its something the Club needs to address, some games are non-negotiable must win games. There is simply no excuses losing to Melbourne at home, esp given it was their first trip to the new AO.

Sando choked. He has to change and change quickly over summer, the methods he has applied over the past two seasons has seen him come short.

He needs to forget 2012 ever happening or attribute that to Craig's legacy. His true stamp on the Club has been his coaching record in 13 and 14.

Yep I hated the quarters stat he rolled out. We won the same amount of quarters over the year as Geelong.

Yeah great - what it really means is he quarters we lost - we were smashed

Statistically speaking our best quarters (points for - points against) was in the 2nd qtr. Our worse being the 1st.

WTF does Sando do prematch as its simply failing at every post.

We won 52 quarters this year and lost 35 - drew 1.

We just lost 6 -2nd quarters for the entire year. However we only won 10 first quarters. Which means at qtr time we were down 12 times for the year. Great way to start a game.

Particularly when danger was less effective playing injured! How hard would it have been to rest him a game next to the bye to freshen up...

Particularly when danger was less effective playing injured! How hard would it have been to rest him a game next to the bye to freshen up...

Sando and the match committee lacked the balls to make the tough calls.

Statistically speaking our best quarters (points for - points against) was in the 2nd qtr. Our worse being the 1st.

WTF does Sando do prematch as its simply failing at every post.

We won 52 quarters this year and lost 35 - drew 1.

We just lost 6 -2nd quarters for the entire year. However we only won 10 first quarters. Which means at qtr time we were down 12 times for the year. Great way to start a game.
Our 2nd quarters had to be good to play catch up…then we spent all our energy & get over-run in the last. Lost count how many times that happened this year!

Our 2nd quarters had to be good to play catch up…then we spent all our energy & get over-run in the last. Lost count how many times that happened this year!

We actually won 13 last quarters this year and lost 9.

If we managed to lead by winning the quarter we would have got 13 wins.

Sando's message prematch delivery is a worry. Sets the tone for the whole game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We actually won 13 last quarters this year and lost 9.

If we managed to lead by winning the quarter we would have got 13 wins.

Sando's message prematch delivery is a worry. Sets the tone for the whole game.
Sure - but we lost most halves of the last quarter, when we fought back to hit the front - only to stop in the last 10 minutes. Absolute teases!

Sure - but we lost most halves of the last quarter, when we fought back to hit the front - only to stop in the last 10 minutes. Absolute teases!

Do you remember the bs that Sando talked about getting our players fitter in February ?

So wtf happened Sando.

That's not what I mean. Winning a quarter by 1, 11, 21 points isn't decisive to the result
When you do something like let Essendon get a 7 goal lead on you in the 1st quarter and then win the next 3 quarters and lose the game. Sure you can say you won 3 out of the 4 quarters, but that's irrelevant to the end result. Your W/L tally at the end of the year is the only barometer that you should measure your team with. The rest is just trying to justify your lack of success IMO.

Do you remember the bs that Sando talked about getting our players fitter in February ?

So wtf happened Sando.
They got tired after the 2nd quarter playing catch-up, because we were asleep in the 1st.

Our structures are crap, so we waste energy running to chasing the opposition.

We play unfit players, so we are carrying passengers, which means we have weak links in out structures...

Did I mention we have structure problems ;)

They got tired after the 2nd quarter playing catch-up, because we were asleep in the 1st.

Our structures are crap, so we waste energy running to chasing the opposition.

We play unfit players, so we are carrying passengers, which means we have weak links in out structures...

Did I mention we have structure problems ;)

Yeah look I'm only looking at the stats as I have missed a lot of the second half of the year.

I still say we choked at selection and on match day. The core of the AFC player group and there is about 6-8 is capable of being a top 6 club.

Yeah look I'm only looking at the stats as I have missed a lot of the second half of the year.

I still say we choked at selection and on match day. The core of the AFC player group and there is about 6-8 is capable of being a top 6 club.
This year our selection was generally better dropping out of form players & bringing in form players - Henderson in the last month being the exception.

Unfortunately our selection of players carrying injuries continues. Started with Rutten with a bung knee, then Danger for much of the year & Thommo returning too early twice - you would think we learnt from Thommo last year!

Just can't afford to carrying a few injured players & crazy when have form (midfield) players in the SANFL.

We also need to get better at the use/rotation of the sub & the travelling emergency, as we end up with players lacking match fitness - Lyons, then Grigg got stuffed around. Plan in advance & rotate them around, so you aren't sub-sub-emergency-dropped.

I appreciate the value of the stats and personally I love reading up on numbers but I don't think MOST people truly care. He's sprouting all these stats to prove his worth.

I appreciate the value of the stats and personally I love reading up on numbers but I don't think MOST people truly care. He's sprouting all these stats to prove his worth.
I'm feeling more confident than ever before that the blowtorch is well and truly being applied down there.

The whole stats thing is pretty clearly an attempt to sell some hope whilst also sending a public message to keep some wolves from the door.

It's a career year for Sando next year. Pressure of making finals together with the big 3 contracts to deal with. Sando needs some time away to recharge the batteries and then hit pre season very hard

The way I look at this year, losing to shite clubs like - Melbourne and Carlton - cost us a place in the 8 its really that simple. Win those two games and we would have been in the 8 arguably could have even have been a home final too. If only there was a stat that gave us an indication of how mentality weak and soft we are.. other than the ladder that is.

Losing to middle of the road clubs - like WC, NM, Tigers is another issue. They all add +1 to the "L" tally thou?

Should the AFC look at resting players against A-grade Clubs like Hawks/Freo/Sydney/Cats away? But field strong teams against the middle of the road Clubs and lower? You saw sydney rest their players because they had already secured their position on the ladder. This is generally only done at the business end of the season. I don't see how resting your quality players against quality opposition makes any sense when you're trying to get into the eight.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back