Simple Sando Says

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Sando's mate Buckley is in crisis with Harry O... the quote being "Heritier has to decide whether he wants to commit to the club and the Leading Teams program."

More proof that one size definitely does not fit all clubs.

Isn't Paul Roos losing at Harry and hasn't the Dees implemented the Leading teams program

Harry comes across a little precious at times

I would say Sydney are probably the team that have done it best. Still had strong on field leadership, Kirk Bolton etc though I wouldn't have said they were autocratic (depending on what we mean by that term)

Not totally arguing for it, like any approach you need some competent people in place to make it work properly

Barry Hall believes there is a time and place for the leading teams model however it does have a shelf life

Really? What, as in trialled? Maybe they chose the most anti environment that could find to trial it. "If it can work here it'll work anywhere..."

There's no way it's used today, unless I'm terribly mistaken. No army general is sitting in a room taking advice from a cadet.

No mention of the armed forces here:
http://www.leadingteams.net.au/news_details/the_leading_teams_story

It could never work in such an environment.

I read the book Any Given Team ages ago when Leading Teams first became popular. I can't recall exactly and a look through the bookshelf didn't help, but Ray developed a leadership/team work model for the armed forces (the Air Force I think) before his involvement at Central Districts. The reason is it so harsh and direct with no holds barred is because there couldn't be any other way when you were depending on your team mates for your life and visa versa.

We're talking about peer review here, not Lieutenants giving Generals feedback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back