Sydney Showgrounds (Spotless Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

The "stadium" side of the ground is where all the members sit. It makes sense to have the cheer squad in the area where the members sit to help with the atmosphere. Since the stands at Skoda are quite well enclosed, the sound travels quite well around the ground. Having them under the cover makes sense from that perspective. For what it is worth, right down by the fence is still fairly exposed to the elements. ..and anyway the home fans should get the best choice.

And on that, the 2nd tier of seating is completely covered from the rain, the ground tier is covered about half way up. If it gets really wet and windy I think the 2nd tier would always stay dry while the ground might cop it a bit.

A lot of Giant members actually watched the game from inside the members bar which has floor to ceiling windows looking out towards the ground and some actually slide wide open. Its a great wet-weather option.

From inside members bar:
v6lsuc.jpg

From members stand (above the members bar):
35mi5hw.jpg

Looking back at members stand from behind the goals. Members bar is on the concourse there.
28w07iw.jpg

Members bar is fantastic, I've spent a whole game in there at night (v Essendon) and day (v Crows) and you can't get a better spot, love it, well worth the money spent.

Why are the seat colours so inconsistent? Like 1 or 2 bays on the wing have 90% red seats and 10% orange. Must be a reason imo. The stadium would look better with orange seats. Don't like the shade of red they've used. The ponsford stand seat colours are perfect!

Why are the seat colours so inconsistent? Like 1 or 2 bays on the wing have 90% red seats and 10% orange. Must be a reason imo. The stadium would look better with orange seats. Don't like the shade of red they've used. The ponsford stand seat colours are perfect!
I thought the red seats were there before, and the orange ones are new?

Red seats are the original Showground seats from the 2000 Olympics. The orange seats are from the redevelopment

i think we'll need to wait a few years before we start seeing great crowds (avg 18-20k) which would create a terrific atmosphere every game and be great to watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be going to the GWS vs Crows next week. Any recommendations on which part of the stadium I should sit at? (non-members)
Thanks!

I'll be going to the GWS vs Crows next week. Any recommendations on which part of the stadium I should sit at? (non-members)
Thanks!
same mate :thumbsu:
Biggest contingent of away fans is usually found in 439-441 (and the Crows had one of the bigger visiting parties last year)

Last year I spent most matches in 436 as a couple of people I went with didn't have reserved seat memberships, good view from the upper level on the wing there.

You can almost take your pick as far as seats at the scoreboard end as the crowds aren't yet nearing the 25k capacity and the members seating is at the grandstand end. Just avoid stadium staff on the stairs if possible as some will ask to see tickets (i.e if you buy GA tix but want to sit in the upper level of the South East stand which is platinum tix)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back