So Hawthorn are getting a home final if they finish third?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They get rewarded for not having to maintain their own world-class stadium.

You hardly ever play at the MCG, though. Maintaining it is a bit rich.

No Geelong will be the home side, playing a game at the most suitable ground in their home state as per every other final.

...such as Hawthorn when they are no longer winning premierships
Unfortunately untrue, just making finals boosted their membership total by over 20% after years at the bottom.

Given they beat Collingwood today.

Am I getting this right? The Geelong-Hawthorn 2v3 match will be moved to the MCG, so in essence the Hawks get a home qualifying final from 3rd position. Lol, how is this fair?
The match was never moved....

Hawthorn end up with a double chance home final on the basis of 5 critical umpiring decisions that went there way throughout the year.

Clearly the weakest of the top 6 teams at the moment though, so Cats should be happy to take them on.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't wait until more Vic teams start making the top 4 so I can stop reading crap like this. Every Hawthorn v Geelong showdown is played at the MCG. Geelong have done pretty well over a period of time there. Stop bickering like Hawthorn are the AFL's love child.

Geelong should play 11 games a year in Geelong + home finals
Geelong play some home matches in Melbourne. They already have an advantage over other Victorian teams by playing at Kardinia Park in the regular season.

Am I getting this right? The Geelong-Hawthorn 2v3 match will be moved to the MCG, so in essence the Hawks get a home qualifying final from 3rd position. Lol, how is this fair?

and wait until the semi finals and it will happen again, except probably in geelongs favour

No we're not.

ANZ is not our home ground. We've played three games there (for three losses) - the last being round 1, 2013.

You've played 12 home games there since we last played at the venue. So don't talk s#*t.
Why is the game even there? Surely 50k at the scg is a far better option and easier for most fans to get to? I thought the anz contract was torn up?

In addition, The Swans who finished 1st have to verse GWS in Western Sydney. The AFL is a joke.

At least make Hawthorn wear the clash strip

Hawthorn-Clash-2015.gif

#anyadvantage

If only there was a moderating person about who could say that not every thought bubble from a cretin deserved a thread on the main board of BigFooty.

Oh, wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back