Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Columbus Crew crest -
Webpage-Layout_02_0.jpg

source

biiig improvement over their original village people design -

ku5ltmts84hniong8nzwdiu20.gif

Pretty boring, could literally fit any team in the world if you changed the name and colours. The old one was one of the most camp things I've seen in sport since I Only Take What's Mine, but at least it was unique and had a weird charm attached to it – a bit like the old Freo anchor

That West Brom strip was proposed by the club itself. I'd imagine that, even a VPL club, would be able to select the template. After all, there's no difference in a pre-existing blue and white striped shirt and a blue shirt with white details so long as it's just from the catalogue. I imagine there's a tiny bit of dialogue, the club might get a PDF or old fashioned catalogue and get to say "we like that orange one for the away strip" or just tell Adidas or Nike they're going for stripes.

This is all just a proposal, but I couldn't see why Adidas would make Southampton wear all red when they had a red and white template with Stoke and Sunderland that same year (that I think was essentially shared). It wouldn't benefit either. They'd just try and keep the club's wants in line with the closest, pre-existing design they have.

I reckon the Crew should have just refined the old logo. Make the figures more stylised and less real.
Yeah, I always liked their old logo - it suited the city's 'underdog' tag.

I came across this a while ago:
columbus_crew_logo.gif

I've spotted it on a few different sites but I have no idea who made it.

Shattered that "the Crew" logo has been changed. Pretty garish shade of yellow on the new logo too, although no worse than the much-too-dark shade on the old one

Yeah, that new Crew logo looks like one of the generic non-licensed team logos you'd see in Pro Evo Soccer. Pretty disappointing.

Change can be good but you need to stay a bit truer to your roots

Shattered that "the Crew" logo has been changed. Pretty garish shade of yellow on the new logo too, although no worse than the much-too-dark shade on the old one
I know you wanted it, but come on, 'd@ Kr3w' on a crest is simply unprofessional!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back