Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Soccer/Association Football Kit Discussion

West Coast. Personally, this is my favourite:
WestCoast.png

And I have run out of my 30 day trial, so Western Bulldogs, GWS and Gold Coast could be at least a week away... :( Sorry guys

I was thinking that too E92 and Andonis, why don't you just "acquire" a key code?

Who said anything about torrents haha, but fair enough Photoshop and new versions of OS X are the programs that I'd never pirate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red and black in the A-League could, or should, mean only one thing: Western Sydney.

When Sydney Rovers were tentatively green lit for A-League football, this was their kit:

ImageResizer.ashx

No prizes for the first to yell "St Kilda!". I often wonder how it would have looked in real cotton and on a real player.

Though I see Sydney Rovers and their demise as a positive. The name should have always had 'Western' in it. And red and black stripes should have been the shirt.

As a name, Tasmania United makes sense. Considering the fact that a team would likely play out of Hobart and Launceston. It really would 'unite' a state and give them a sporting team to call their own (aside from their cricket sides obviously). Are there too many United's in the league? By the time Tassie could realistically come in, GCU could probably be null and void. And who calls Newcastle United Jets by anything other than "Newy", "Newcastle", or "the Jets"?

If Tasmania ever got up, I'd like to see them wear a combination of bottle green, white, and maroon.

Probably green with white shorts at home. Ala Ireland. And then maroon, like the Arsenal 2005/2006 kit, for away games. A reversal of the home would make a classy clash solution.

Red and black in the A-League could, or should, mean only one thing: Western Sydney.

When Sydney Rovers were tentatively green lit for A-League football, this was their kit:

ImageResizer.ashx

No prizes for the first to yell "St Kilda!". I often wonder how it would have looked in real cotton and on a real player.

Though I see Sydney Rovers and their demise as a positive. The name should have always had 'Western' in it. And red and black stripes should have been the shirt.

As a name, Tasmania United makes sense. Considering the fact that a team would likely play out of Hobart and Launceston. It really would 'unite' a state and give them a sporting team to call their own (aside from their cricket sides obviously). Are there too many United's in the league? By the time Tassie could realistically come in, GCU could probably be null and void. And who calls Newcastle United Jets by anything other than "Newy", "Newcastle", or "the Jets"?

If Tasmania ever got up, I'd like to see them wear a combination of bottle green, white, and maroon.

Probably green with white shorts at home. Ala Ireland. And then maroon, like the Arsenal 2005/2006 kit, for away games. A reversal of the home would make a classy clash solution.

I thought you were an Arsenal fan.

Green and maroon?! Okay... That would have to be the ugliest colour combination in all of sport. You must hate Tasmania if you want them to wear that. And make them be proud of it.

By the way, Is that Sydney team ever making it in the A-League? Or did the bid get dropped?
And for some reason, when I see black, red and white, I think Heart, not Sydney, which is weird.

Green and maroon?! Okay... That would have to be the ugliest colour combination in all of sport. You must hate Tasmania if you want them to wear that. And make them be proud of it.

By the way, Is that Sydney team ever making it in the A-League? Or did the bid get dropped?
And for some reason, when I see black, red and white, I think Heart, not Sydney, which is weird.
Evidently you didn't read my post.

Not a colour combination. Maroon and green would be worn as different kits. Maroon and white for one strip, green and white for the other. I clarified that at the bottom of my post. I even included pictures to summate what I meant.

Sydney Rovers were unable to find financial backing.

Recently (as in within the last month or so) talk has again sprung up. But I'd say that's stating the obvious, and stating it again for the sake of the TV deal.

There was a problem with the Adecco sponsor on the front of the home jerseys and it kept peeling off after a couple of washes. So adidas did a new batch and unfortunately I don't think they'll be ready until June :(

Melbourne Heart third kit now for sale.
404335_10150461695282479_284795317478_8628177_1935674829_n.jpg

Personally, the Heart have the best set of shirts in the league. The major disappointment is that the lack of continuation and harmony within the designs. The away shirt has a sash going over the Heart (see what I did there?), whilst the third has it going over the A-League crest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back