Some days I hate this freakin' planet - VENT THREAD.

Remove this Banner Ad

The internet people who tried to connect my broadband up at the new casa.

They managed to disconnect the phone of some old guy a suburb away and give him broadband.

They randomly connected a phone line to my house, when we didn;t want a phoneline. That it belonged to number 18 down the road and we got their phonecalls was but a minor detail.

The technician managed to cut the power to the whole street, plunging everyone into darkness except us.

I now have internet, but for how long I do not know. How freakin' hard can it be?
Cuts to TAFE education are starting to really impact the industry. ;)

And on it goes.... arrived home last night to discover internet had been disconnected. Spent three hours on the phone with customer support, but to no avail. I was demented with frustration after going through a month of no service and appalling service.

I typed this missive to the head of customer service on my iPhone. I felt slightly better after that. But still no internet.

"I am at wit's end with iinet. an apparently simple relocation of service has turned into a disaster of biblical promotions. The road to the planecrash is littered with examples of glaring incompetence, broken promises, mis-information and, now, a month later, here I am sitting here typing this email using my iPhone for net access. Because I have been cut off from the temporary service provided (that was put in as cover due to earlier incompetence) and I have no date when I'll get internet again. Meanwhile I'm still paying for an account at my old house.

I have wasted countless hours on the phone and online trying to get the service connected but at every turn I'm thwarted by your ninjas of incompetence.

The people I've been dealing with have been pleasant enough, and helpful, but ultimately only results count, and I've got nothing, only countless wasted hours and immeasurable aggravation.

If anyone bothers to read these forms know that I am extremely pissed off, disappointed and extremely skeptical of iinet's ability to deliver on what they promise."

This morning the phone rang (which is surprising since we don't have a conventional landline service). Yep, turns out they've disconnected the internet and, once again, connected some random person's homeline to our house. I'm guessing all of this because no one has actually bothered to contact me today yet.

And it continues:

Was advised that a person didn't cancel my account but a computer.

Just got your message – in and out of meetings most of today, so difficult to catch.

Appreciate the efforts you are going to, but I am so frustrated with this I can't find the words to articulate it. Which is saying something as I write stuff.

Anyway, I'm sure the copious notes the boys took from South Africa have accurately documented the general flow of my feelings.

So, this is where I stand, and what I told Lance last night: if you can't connect me with an internet service tonight, I'm done. Out of here.

You've killed me and any faint hope I have that iinet can fulfil this basic service. I have no energy left. I see that Bob guy on tv and I break down sobbing.

I do appreciate your efforts and promptness in responding, but unfortunately the system is letting us down. Eg. The system has cancelled the ADSL you've put on.

So, I'll call tonight when I get home. If there's internet, I'll be less grumpy.

If there's no internet, I'll pack the Bob lite into its box and politely ask you to cancel any work you're doing and put the refunds through.

Sure I'll be back to sitting in the backyard, my iphone tethered to the laptop for the remainder of the weekend, picking up some faint signal out of Khandahar, but I won't be twisted around trying to process in my tiny brain why a simple internet relocation has turned into this nightmare.

Sorry, but it's as simple as that.

Telephone companies are such a pain in the ass. I'm with Telstra (Bigpond for internet) and whenever they change something, update me, etc., I spend the next 5 weeks chasing up their errors and fixing them. Other than that, they're pretty good and have a good customer service system. I will note, I use the Online Chat where I can, because they tend to fluff about much less than Kumar on the phone.

A threat to contact the Ombudsman usually works when you're dealing with difficult providers though. Grizz, your situation just sounds like a nightmare of total incompetence. You have to wonder how these people survive being so horribly bad?

Good luck with it mate.

You know what's odd about it? The people I've been dealing with have been great, but a whole series of 'fails' where the system lets them down seems to be to blame.

Anways, after my not negotiable deadline last night they somehow escalated an apparently immovable appointment by a week and got the temporary ADSL back online.

Prior to this trainwreck, I've found iinet to be great. Their Naked ADSL2 and Voip worked flawlessly and the whole customer service thing was good too, so I do want to try to tough it out.

$1.10 for direct debit now. Apparently i have to use my credit card to avoid extra charges, yet i'm sure my bank also charges me for this.

I'm thinking of changing to one of those Orange Everyday Accounts. Is this a good option?

Taco Bills. That's it.

My boss took me and a colleague there today for a quick lunch. What a dive. The menu should have pictures of tins and other packets on it. Just disgusting.

Taco Bills. That's it.

My boss took me and a colleague there today for a quick lunch. What a dive. The menu should have pictures of tins and other packets on it. Just disgusting.

Yeah. There's one I drive past on Princess Hwy near the Spagetti Junction in springvale.

Looks like a dive.

Yeah. There's one I drive past on Princess Hwy near the Spagetti Junction in springvale.

Looks like a dive.

The food was just horrendous. And not cheap either.

Wouldn't blame the Mexican government of they bombed the joint given the harm it does to their international reputation.

Just a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it comes to Mexican restaurants, Australia, and Melbourne, suck.

Make your own, it will be better...

I beg to differ. Mamasita in Collins St is sensational. Be prepared to queue for 2 hours to get a table though.

Just completed the E Census. Or I thought I did until the last page when in red 'show your address. I friggin' well did.

So, in trying to redress the address issue everything was wiped and I need to start again.

Does anyone know anyone at the census office that I can smash with my walking frame?

By the way, I once applied to be a census collector. One needs to pass an examination and this is typical of the questions.

If you are walking west along east street and turned right into south street then left into west street then left into north street, went over the underpass and under the overpass and then left into east street, then in what general direction have you traveled ?
0 west
0 east
0 north
0 south
Tick your answer.

I wrote a circle and was marked wrong.

Been slogging away on a particularly difficult project for about a month now with a work colleague. Anyway, it was signed off this morning after our bosses had virtually given the project away due to their own massive frack-ups. So they've stayed right away because their bruised egos couldn't handle the rejection. So we were informed about the green light this morning, then they sat back and tried to take the credit. I was flabbergasted until another person jumped in, and she's famous for her brutal manner, said, 'your biggest contribution to the project was staying away, if you continue with this charade I will call her up and get her version of events'.

It was a nice moment. But I hate it when people can't acknowledge the work that others have done, even going to the point of trying to claim it as their own.

Feeling so depressed latly:(.
I won't shock you all with the actual details ( it might scar a few of you)let's just say it's bad :eek:....
ANYWAY I"M SO ****ING OVRE IT, is the point I would like to make :D

hey Hawksgirl4eva, just let it all out, vent your anger/frustration whatever, better than bottling it up.

Thats what this slice of the forum is for...and we're all here to help :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back