Some days I hate this freakin' planet - VENT THREAD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know about the planet but I certainly hate 2011. Hopefully the Hawks can give me something to smile about later this year.

First 4 months have seen my Mum pass away (within a matter of weeks of finding out she was ill - only 58yo), my Nana pass away and yesterday my good old dog got hit by a car and died.

Over it. :(

Don't know about the planet but I certainly hate 2011. Hopefully the Hawks can give me something to smile about later this year.

First 4 months have seen my Mum pass away (within a matter of weeks of finding out she was ill - only 58yo), my Nana pass away and yesterday my good old dog got hit by a car and died.

That is terrible MB - condolences on your losses - sure puts any of my whining into perspective.

Terribly crap sequence of events - my condolences.

I got stuck at uni too. But you could make international calls on the phone in the lift, so, as getting stuck was a regular event, we used to randomly call all sorts of people around the world.

I got stuck in a glass lift that ran on the outside of my hotel in America. That was scary.

I got stuck at Uni too - wasnt going forward - wasnt going back

I left and jot a job:eek:

Very sorry to hear of it.

best wishes.

That's an awful trifecta.

Here's hoping things improve from now.

The bloke who murdered his two-year-old girl to get back at his missus.

I was reading it in my office on Thursday, pretty much bawling, hoping no-one else would walk in.

Part of me wanted to throw the paper away, another part of me compelled me to read it.

Words really fail me here.

I was reading it in my office on Thursday, pretty much bawling, hoping no-one else would walk in.

Part of me wanted to throw the paper away, another part of me compelled me to read it.

Hard to fathom isn't it. TBH I haven't followed the case - I haven't, since the day of the incident been able to reconicle the sheer terror she must of felt and the terror of the son still in the car wondering if he was next with him not wanting his wife to 'win'.

The human race never ceases to amaze me at times as to what we are capable of.

They do. My reaction was to feel sick.

Then, last night I come home from rehearsal & I find out that the boyfriend of a friend of ours has been glassed in the pub they were playing in.
Thank goodness they found the scum who did it.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...dusty-stephensen/story-e6frea83-1226053362395

I was in Safeway tonight and I watched a woman pick-up and examine each mushroom before selecting the chosen ones. The ones that didn't pass muster went straight back in the box. It was disgusting.

I was in Safeway tonight and I watched a woman pick-up and examine each mushroom before selecting the chosen ones. The ones that didn't pass muster went straight back in the box. It was disgusting.

Don't you hate that, i am prudish at the best of times when it comes to hygiene especially with food and my wife thinks i have a problem washing my hands all the time.
I remember my mum when i was young she would continually tell us to wash the friuts and vegies thoroughly before we ate them.

Whenever i venture down to the local fruit and vegie shop, i try and grab the produce that is at the back of the stand, furtherest away from the eye-seeing hordes. Don't know if that makes a difference, but picking up and examining every single mushroom and putting them back.........YUK!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Melbourne, i love living here, I love my beloved HAWKS:thumbsu:.... BUT BUT BUT......I HATE THE F!@##$$%%%^ COLD. I hate the thought of getting up early to go to work in the freezing cold for the next 4-5mths.

I cant stand the cold. I suppose it could be much worse if i were living in Canada or one of the Scandinavian countries or even Russia and siberia, pls i cant bare the thought. I don't know how people in those countries can handle it. I think i am getting old....not tough enough.

I can see myself retiring on an island somewhere in the pacific, i wont be be able to cope with melbournes winter if and when i reach my senior years.
I would just hope they have satellite TV so i could watch my Hawkers:D

Now this will be the ideal place for retirement, cannot see myself living out my senior years in Melbourne freezing my #$%^&*&*(&^%$##5^&* in some nursing home.

Jamaica-beach-summer.jpg

Don't you hate that, i am prudish at the best of times when it comes to hygiene especially with food and my wife thinks i have a problem washing my hands all the time.
I remember my mum when i was young she would continually tell us to wash the friuts and vegies thoroughly before we ate them.

Whenever i venture down to the local fruit and vegie shop, i try and grab the produce that is at the back of the stand, furtherest away from the eye-seeing hordes. Don't know if that makes a difference, but picking up and examining every single mushroom and putting them back.........YUK!!!

She might have well as licked every freakin' mushroom for the amount of fondling she was doing.

She might have well as licked every freakin' mushroom for the amount of fondling she was doing.
There's a chat up line for all the desperate & dateless; "Hey babe, do you want to fondle my mushroom?"

Grizz mentioned an appalling headline from The Hun over in the "what you're watching" thread

Snowtown, hey? Was the subject of one of the more appalling headlines in Australian journalism history. Something like, 'Snowtown, the site of the grizzliest deposit in banking history'. Yep, you guessed it, the Herald Sun.

Well they've stooped to a new low today. 'Black-Flip' plastered across the front page heading the article about the Vic state government's decision to remove the compulsory acknowledgement of traditional ownership at official functions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back