International Club Rugby South v Northern Hemisphere 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia looked pretty decent to me. I'd heard Pocock was injured but the guy replacing him had a storming game, and the lad on the right was good too. England can have complains, especially as Tuilagi's try looked marginal at best.

Samoa should have beaten France. The French defence was excellent but Samoa played all the rugby and if it wasn't for their kicker having an off night would have won. Very unlucky as the one French try was from a charge down as well. Makes you wonder how they might have gone in the world cup if they'd had a fairer draw (they had 4 and 5 days between matches compared to the 7 South Africa and Wales had in their pool. They lost both matches narrowly). That disparity in the draw will be fixed for the 2015 world cup and I expect this Samoan team to be a real chance. They can beat anyone.

All Blacks crushed Wales as expected...though if the refs had their eyes open in the first minute and given Andrew Hore a red card things might have been interesting.

Yes, a nasty cheap shot, and the ABs are so good they don't need to. Wish I'd seen the Samoa game; I'll bet it was more fun than England/SA.

Terrific win (biggest ever?) by England over the ABs. Played them at their own game, and deserved every credit. Tuilagi looked a threat every time he got the ball; I wouldn't mind seeing him play for Wigan! Carter (was he fully fit?) never got the chance to boss the game as he usually does. I'm still not convinced that Farrell has quite the guile to be a top international 10, but he (mostly) kicked very well, and his defence is very strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back