Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Southern FL - 2011

I went and had a look at the 'game of the round' yesterday and was dissapointed. I think it's time Dodges had a clean out of NAMES!!! Only half a dozen of those guys put there head over the ball. I have no idea how Jamie Curran is getting a game. He was useless and has been all season. Tim Dennis was BOG in my opinion.

Cannon & Little were missed in the back line yesterday. Thank god Josh Hall was sidelined or they would have been slaughtered. Where was Dolliver yesterday?

Apparently Reeves has taken his bat and ball and gone home???

Well it appears that the 1st cracks have appeared at Dodges! All we heard in the pre season was Dodges are flying, the team to beat!! Well those people have now gone Quiet, bit worried boys???

I am still here posting and I thought Dodges were going to be extremely hard to beat. s**t load of work to be done but I wouldn't rule the Sharks out.

I wouldn't say the cracks are showing, it's as simple as clearing out dead wood......

Lindisfarne did it last year and i don't think they would be looking back too hard. Every club need to have a clean out and i think it's time for Dodges to do the same.

I think the same will happen at New Norfolk over the next few years also.

Dodges have some real quality names on there list, they will still be a good side, but not as good as last year.

Dodges have some real quality names on there list, they will still be a good side, but not as good as last year.[/quote]

Well if thats the case we may as well hand over the flag to New Norfolk now. I have seen Norfolk, Dodges and Kingborough all play this season. And the eagles are clearly still the ones to beat. Dodges beat Kingborough by 10points at home ( i think ). Both those sides very even and could beat each other on there day, But need a massive team effort to beat New Norfolk. For the competition sake lets hope somebody can.

I wouldn't say the cracks are showing, it's as simple as clearing out dead wood......

Lindisfarne did it last year and i don't think they would be looking back too hard. Every club need to have a clean out and i think it's time for Dodges to do the same.

I think the same will happen at New Norfolk over the next few years also.

Dodges have some real quality names on there list, they will still be a good side, but not as good as last year.

Who would you say needs to go? How many blokes? I'd be interested in hearing the opinion of a non dodges person. be at Dodges long enough and you'll hear some unreal s**t from some of the locals. :D
There's quite a few blokes 27+ in the side and the rest are all rather young.

Jamie Ling, Jamie Curran & Cloudy should think about retirement. When was the last time they played a full season? Also and anyone that consistently doesn't train.

In my opinion the team just doesn't seem to have 'gelled' this year?? I realise there are a few new players, this will always take time and thats why training is vital.

That is a fair call. Agree with you on two of them but JCurran still has something to offer, IMO. He keeps himself fit but rarely trains (still gets a full game). Has been very average this year but I think that's because he looks disinterested. He doesn't look like the same bloke that busted his arse for years and years.
Think Brad Curran will retire at seasons end because of his back. Lampkin and a few others wouldn't have long left either.

The team hasn't gelled that well so far. Still, I think there's a lot of good players at the club and the performances against Norfolk and Brighton were both shithouse.

He keeps himself fit but rarely trains (still gets a full game).

Do think he should get a full game if he doesn't trian? Just wondering what your thoughts are......I know that was one of the issues Reefer voiced, players getting a full game who don't train. (Not Curran specifically)

Think Brad Curran will retire at seasons end because of his back. Lampkin and a few others wouldn't have long left either.

I agree with that also.

The team hasn't gelled that well so far. Still, I think there's a lot of good players at the club and the performances against Norfolk and Brighton were both shithouse.[/quote]

Absolutley, they have some real talent down there.....I don't dispute that at all. I think they have the potential to win a flag in the next 3 years but before that happens they need to make some changes. :)

my mate who plays for Claremont said that Curtain was up @ Triabunna watching from the sidelines..so dont look like he going anywhere...how good wouldve Brifghton been with Salts & Curtain in the forward line?

Trained Tuesday night Curtain and I assume tonight as well and will most likely play v Huonville this Saturday.

He keeps himself fit but rarely trains (still gets a full game).

Do think he should get a full game if he doesn't trian? Just wondering what your thoughts are......I know that was one of the issues Reefer voiced, players getting a full game who don't train. (Not Curran specifically)

I agree with that also.

The team hasn't gelled that well so far. Still, I think there's a lot of good players at the club and the performances against Norfolk and Brighton were both shithouse.

Absolutley, they have some real talent down there.....I don't dispute that at all. I think they have the potential to win a flag in the next 3 years but before that happens they need to make some changes. :)[/quote]

He didn't do much pre-season and he normally trains only once a week (thursdays which is a lighter night). personally I wouldn't give him a full game unless he was there two nights a week but I'm not the coach.

Yeah I agree with what you're saying. A good sign is that the underage side has 30+ kids to choose from and they're undefeated so far. Hopefully a lot of them stick around and some getgiven a game or two later this season or at some stage in 2012.

Jamie Ling, Jamie Curran & Cloudy should think about retirement. When was the last time they played a full season? Also and anyone that consistently doesn't train.

In my opinion the team just doesn't seem to have 'gelled' this year?? I realise there are a few new players, this will always take time and thats why training is vital.

yes the team hasn't gelled as of yet hopefuly it hapens soon, parcop i know u know jamie curran well enough, i think u are just having a dig at him personaly, ling mcloud blacky lampkin will retire at seasons end and little is cotenplating it too.
: 7out of last weeks side :Reefa:spat it,Bullock:inj,Godden:inj,:martin:inj,griffth:to far to travel,Mcloud:eek:verseas,Waller:inj,
ins Dolliver,churchill,miller,gille,little,young,lampkin

yes the team hasn't gelled as of yet hopefuly it hapens soon, parcop i know u know jamie curran well enough, i think u are just having a dig at him personaly,

I don't know Jamie personally so i'm not having a dig at anything except his footy.

Little will be a big loss if he retires!!

Who would you say needs to go? How many blokes? I'd be interested in hearing the opinion of a non dodges person. be at Dodges long enough and you'll hear some unreal s**t from some of the locals. :D
There's quite a few blokes 27+ in the side and the rest are all rather young.

Coach.
For no other reason other than he has been there for years. New coach brings enthusiasm, game plan etc. Playing coach out of the TSL. Ken Hall would be the man I would throw the coin at. Thats coming from a Lauderdale person.

hey guys just trying to get some info on a Dave O'Toole who used to play for clarence. just what level he played and possie if he can play good bloke or not that kinda thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach.
For no other reason other than he has been there for years. New coach brings enthusiasm, game plan etc. Playing coach out of the TSL. Ken Hall would be the man I would throw the coin at. Thats coming from a Lauderdale person.

Mate, most of the Dodges board are an absolute pack of duds. NFI most of those blokes:thumbsdown: That idea would never cross their mind.

got out of jail again yesterday. trailed Central all game until late. Jake Gillie was good with 7 goals. I am embarrassed to have talked up the depth at Dodges as much as I did. They have got a bloody long way to go to get anywhere near NN

Reeve has had his clearance denied:thumbsdown: What a joke. The bloke is a seriously good player and Dodges have treated him like s**t for years. Let him go back to Richmond FFS.:confused:

hey guys just trying to get some info on a Dave O'Toole who used to play for clarence. just what level he played and possie if he can play good bloke or not that kinda thing.

Really nice bloke. Very fit and strong, Skills could be a little better but played a fair bit of senior footy at Clarence in really good teams.

Reeve has had his clearance denied:thumbsdown: What a joke. The bloke is a seriously good player and Dodges have treated him like s**t for years. Let him go back to Richmond FFS.:confused:

Hey JS3#35 I heard that when Reeves stood up in front of the team and voiced his opinion after the NN game Coach said if you want to leave i'll give you clearance now. Not sure if this is true but if it is, and now they have denied clearence thats pretty poor form.

Reef came into the club rooms last night to sort out his clearance. Hopefully he has now been cleared back to the Blues.

Big games this week. Lindisfarne have been bloody good so far.

Reef came into the club rooms last night to sort out his clearance. Hopefully he has now been cleared back to the Blues.

REEVE kicked 2 for Richmond against OHA. Clearance obvioulsy gone through.
Interesting on how the departure went.

Rubbish, Fell short against the Sharks and won't get near Norfick and Kingston.

Fell in against Huonville and Glenorchy, and only beat Claremont by 15 points, albeit 15 behinds!

They have had an easy draw but they have been good. They lost Williamson and Marriott for the Dodges game and had a couple of others out i was told. At full strength they could push Kingston.

Got injured a while back and missed 3 games, so they have brought him back through the twos. I reckon he'll play seniors in the next game.

They have had an easy draw but they have been good. They lost Williamson and Marriott for the Dodges game and had a couple of others out i was told. At full strength they could push Kingston.

Yeah noticed Marriott named in the two's in last Friday's paper which I found surprising. I take it he didn't play 2's?

Gee, they must have been ordinary. Failed to register a goal!

Yeah he didnt play. Their twos were average but at the same time Dodges were fantastic. Almost every player played a good game. I think they were always going to struggle against the Sharks 2nds since a few of their best 2s players went into the senior side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back