Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard it was Coombe from Dodges Ferry!

He does indeed. Some blokes are in for a big pay cut. Nathan Mills going with him as assistant.

Laugh all you like, Youl is actually a chance to be picked up! Seriously

As for the pay cuts, yes that will happen perhaps if the majority of players don't leave, quite a few up at dosa tonight!!

As for the pay cuts, yes that will happen perhaps if the majority of players don't leave, quite a few up at dosa tonight!!

Bit keen starting Pre-season this early, they would be the only team training at the moment wouldn't they?
What type of player is this Youl bloke anyway?
I thought you had to be signed to a TSL club to get drafted?

Meet and greet, tour of the rooms etc at nth Hobart. Not training yet.
From all reports about 12 sorell players there.

To draw a long bow he is very similar physically to a pendelbury, moves similar as well, evasive and clean basketball background there. He played mid and also rucked occasionally, has a great vertical leap. Extremely raw but the improvement and dedication he showed in such as short time would mean he could be worth a punt. 21 years old I think.

Is this crap a joke??

Sorry mate, thought you were taking the piss. Heard some of the player whining during the season about how the club doesn't look after them and that they might go to DOSA. Maybe they'd be better looked after if they had won more than 8 games in 3 years. Surprised DOSA are interested in them. Bolstering their reserves perhaps.

Sorry mate, thought you were taking the piss. Heard some of the player whining during the season about how the club doesn't look after them and that they might go to DOSA. Maybe they'd be better looked after if they had won more than 8 games in 3 years. Surprised DOSA are interested in them. Bolstering their reserves perhaps.

All good. It does seem a like a long shot but that's what I've been told. Apparently a few clubs sent people to look at him during the year. He is a very determined guy and I hope he does get picked up but really a long shot.

The reason for the dosa potential exodus is mostly to do with this years senior coach Simon Harris heading back there and a lot of blokes upset with the coaching selection process and or result .

No worries good luck to the kid. Would be good for the league to have someone drafted.

Yeah heard he was going back there. Why would they be upset with the selection process or result?Could you give us any insight there.

All good. It does seem a like a long shot but that's what I've been told. Apparently a few clubs sent people to look at him during the year. He is a very determined guy and I hope he does get picked up but really a long shot.

The reason for the dosa potential exodus is mostly to do with this years senior coach Simon Harris heading back there and a lot of blokes upset with the coaching selection process and or result .

This really interests me. Blokes upset with the coaching selection process? I know for a fact they interviewed the successful applicant for 2 hours, not sure how long the others, but if they were presenting well I am sure they would of been grilled for that long. That to me is a very thorough coaching selection process. Yeah players might not be happy with the picked person, which is fair enough. everyone has different views. 8 and 46 win loss over last 3 years, maybe they were just looking to head in a completely different direction?

This really interests me. Blokes upset with the coaching selection process? I know for a fact they interviewed the successful applicant for 2 hours, not sure how long the others, but if they were presenting well I am sure they would of been grilled for that long. That to me is a very thorough coaching selection process. Yeah players might not be happy with the picked person, which is fair enough. everyone has different views. 8 and 46 win loss over last 3 years, maybe they were just looking to head in a completely different direction?

By the selection process there were a few things that I'm hearing that annoyed various people.

the fact that applications were in for almost a month and people did not hear from the committee at all until last week.

The fact that they accepted Mathew Smith's application via telephone call, 2 weeks after the closing date! ( only for him to withdraw to take a gig with Glenorchy)

The guys that applied for the reserves job still hadn't heard anything this week officially from the club and also that a 3rd reserves coaching applicant was accepted only last week after the Lewis interview! which in turn (along with the fact that Iles & Griffith missed out on the ones job) lead to the 2 former applicants - one whom is a life member and would have done a great job and the other a very committed club person who possibly wasn't the correct choice but has brought sponsorship and around 20 players with him ( all be it 2's guys) but now both these applicants have withdrawn taking a large contingent with them.

another point being that the coaching appointments were made without the full committee's input or even consultation (as stated in the clubs constitution) rather interviews were conducted and appointed by the president, secretary, colts coaches and Randall Castle a former club person.

I did hear second hand that Nat and Robbie had no issue with the interview process (2 hours also apparently) and they were both very disappointed the club decided to go the other way but accepted their decision.

that said also the reasons apparently given for Lewis and Mills over Iles and Griffith was that the later pair wanted to recruit too many players and Moose wanted to work as much as possible with the current crop? Benny you may have heard different?

if true though and that is another reason blokes are leaving as you stated 8 wins 46 losses - how much development is there?? they need to spend a little and get some more talent to the club.

Would appear Moose is on the prowl for players. Have heard he has contacted a lot of players from East Coast and Dodges Ferry. With no money to spend, why would these players from East Coast and Dodges Ferry go to Sorrel.
Prior to this year, Sorell served it up to East Coast and let every player at East Coast know just how crap they were. The wheels turned this year. Players have long memories!!

Lauderdale have signed Ben Halton from Cygnet. Word is that Jamie Di Ennio has gone there too.

Also, which SFL player has been requested to nominate for the draft this year??
I would be very surprised if Jamie DiIenno ended up back at Lauderdale, I don't believe he gets on very well with Winter.

I would be very surprised if Jamie DiIenno ended up back at Lauderdale, I don't believe he gets on very well with Winter.

It's not Windy he had a problem with, it was the Football Director. Pretty sure he would be back in a flash and probably wouldn't have left in the first place if The footy director wasn't there.

How do you know they have no money? Was talking to the recently appointed head of recruiting and he said they have plenty. Agree with your other point. East Coast & Dodges are far superior so why would their players leave to go to Sorell? I know of two Dodges players that have gone there - Dan Lewis & James Craik. Coaches son and his best mate. Other than that I don't think they will get any others.Why would you want to play there. Bit of a shithole and it's always windy :D

A "senior" player from this year told me.

Craik has ability. Just doesnt want it enough. Think they will really struggle to attract players.

It's not Windy he had a problem with, it was the Football Director. Pretty sure he would be back in a flash and probably wouldn't have left in the first place if The footy director wasn't there.

Popular boy is Deano!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah they have some money. Not going to spend big though I hear. Benny_ could confirm that as I believe he has a role at the club. You seem in the know at East Coast GK, who has been contacted from there by Lewis?

Would appear Moose is on the prowl for players. Have heard he has contacted a lot of players from East Coast and Dodges Ferry. With no money to spend, why would these players from East Coast and Dodges Ferry go to Sorrel.
Prior to this year, Sorell served it up to East Coast and let every player at East Coast know just how crap they were. The wheels turned this year. Players have long memories!!

"a lot of players''...that would be a far stretch. He contacted 3 or 4 dodges players and a handful of East Coast players.

that said also the reasons apparently given for Lewis and Mills over Iles and Griffith was that the later pair wanted to recruit too many players and Moose wanted to work as much as possible with the current crop? Benny you may have heard different?

I not sure on this but I know that Moose is keen to develop the young kids into good senior players, back to back flags obviously a lot of talent there that has been under utilised.

if they all say yes. 5% of blokes you talk to probably join your club. so of these 10 they asked, they may get 2 at best.

if they all say yes. 5% of blokes you talk to probably join your club. so of these 10 they asked, they may get 2 at best.

yeah true but it was said that a lot have been contacted, not whether they would come or not.

Is it true 75 players have been contacted. I can't trust what you say considering you said the Triabunna coach had been sacked yet he is coaching next season. You should start dealing in facts.

I'm not sure Barge. I haven't watched a game in 3 years so I couldn't tell you. As far as I know Sorell won two games last season so I'm pretty sure they would be an inferior football side to everyone else bar Brighton.
Surely Claremont will blow the salary cap next year??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back