Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

exactly, shouldnt it be more like 'your husband'

haha! you can tell by his name "hows your head" that he is gay, he is referring to himself handing out sexual pleasures on men.

but enough of this gay talk guys, any more big signings over the past few weeks?

Heard on the grapevine that former Moorabbin Kangaroos coach and assisant coach at East Brighton this year, Brad Collins has taken a senior role on the Springvale Districts match committee.

I think Collins used to play for Springvale but maybe someone could confirm this.

Heard on the grapevine that former Moorabbin Kangaroos coach and assisant coach at East Brighton this year, Brad Collins has taken a senior role on the Springvale Districts match committee.

I think Collins used to play for Springvale but maybe someone could confirm this.

Brad "Bear" Collins has joined the match committee as Chairman Of Selectors. A great addition to the club.... (And yes he is an ex-player).

superfreak, many new faces down at weatherall rd so far??? dont think i have ever seen so many blokes on the track pre christmas as i did last night when i drove past le page.
Wasn't there last night mate so I wouldn't have a clue. Good to hear there were plenty at training though. There were 20+ U18's again apparantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Bear had success at Moorabbin but how did he go at East Brighton?

I know Bear had success at Moorabbin but how did he go at East Brighton?
I thought he went pretty well considering a few of the senior players didn't really show him alot of respect.Handled himself well when he could of cracked heads and always hung around the blokes and had a beer or 2.I think he would go well where ever he goes and it's amazing know one chased him hard for a senior role within the league.

I thought he went pretty well considering a few of the senior players didn't really show him alot of respect.Handled himself well when he could of cracked heads and always hung around the blokes and had a beer or 2.I think he would go well where ever he goes and it's amazing know one chased him hard for a senior role within the league.

Yeah I'll agree with this, impressed me when i played under him for a few months in late 2005

Im from a melbourne based club, looking for quality players for 2008 season. If you or anyone is interested in coming to a new club, however we really are after quality recuits and they will be rewarded accordingly, please PM me. Thanks

we are the best club in the southern football league you dill, and will soon establish ourselves as the most successful club in the competition.

Ignore us at your own peril.

Go dingoes.

HA!!.WHAT A JOKE.I THINK WE WILL LET SPRINGY DISTRICTS BE THE JUDGE OF THAT U FOOL.THEY BEAT U IN THE GRANNY REMEMBER
HA HA HA HA AHHAA HA HA HA HA AHHAA HA

anyone interested in doing pre season for dingley. we train two nights a week. wednesday night at the edgy, use mauds guestlist. and saturday nightat the edgy. free entry on sat night. get down

HA!!.WHAT A JOKE.I THINK WE WILL LET SPRINGY DISTRICTS BE THE JUDGE OF THAT U FOOL.THEY BEAT U IN THE GRANNY REMEMBER
HA HA HA HA AHHAA HA HA HA HA AHHAA HA

Springy have been in the competition since the beginning and have only just won their first granny, we made the granny in our first season, so as i said, we will quickly become the most successful club in the SFL, and its your choice to ignore us you silly little girl.
Another point, i am happy to bet that springy will do no good next year, not with players like Lloyd Wells still running around on the field.

Another point, i am happy to bet that springy will do no good next year, not with players like Lloyd Wells still running around on the field.

Geez that's a hard call Wippet, Chub runs all day not like some other mid fielders who hardly played a game in the seniors in 2007 and some even grabbed and second's premiership medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Springy have been in the competition since the beginning and have only just won their first granny, we made the granny in our first season, so as i said, we will quickly become the most successful club in the SFL, and its your choice to ignore us you silly little girl.

Silly comment Wippet !! Springvale are there and Dingley are not.

SIMPLE !!!!!

Lloyd Wells is a very handy footballer and will hold his own in Div 1.

Off topic, I just saw this in the local.....surely it would be common sense to re-name the oval. Jack is a great Cheltenham person and it would be a fitting for the ground to named after him. Im sure that if this was the Beaumaris Football Club (council's pet) making this request that it would have been okayed straight away.

Council unsporting

Matthew Burgess
04Dec07
N23SB203A1.JPG
Jack Barker in the midst of an oval naming row.

BAYSIDE Council has come under fire for refusing to rename a Cheltenham oval after a sporting icon because he is still alive.

Cheltenham Football Club, which has been fighting to change the name of Weatherall Rd's Cheltenham Recreation Reserve to Jack Barker Oval for more than two years, says the council's decision is ``shameful''.

Mr Barker, father of legendary St Kilda footballer Trevor Barker, played about 750 football and cricket matches for the home clubs after starting in 1942.
He was diagnosed this year with a tumour of the throat.

Cheltenham Football Club president Ron Jenkins said the council was out of touch.
``It is just shameful,'' he said. ``It would be a tragedy if some bureaucratic intervention stopped the renaming of the ground.'' In April 2006, the council formally rejected the proposal after approving consultation on the idea.

Cheltenham Cricket Club president Darren Anderson said Mr Barker, a life member of both clubs, had coached junior premiership teams, served on committees and captained countless sides.
Bayside Council's infrastructure services group manager, David Powell, defended the refusal last week.
He said the proposal did not comply with State Government guidelines and the reserve was well known under the present name.
``The use of a name of a living person is not consistent with the guidelines for geographic names in Victoria,'' Mr Powell said.
But he said the council was consulting reserve users about the name change after a letter from Mordialloc Labor MP Janice Munt last month.

Ms Munt said there were already notable exceptions to the guidelines, which were intended as only a guide.
Mr Barker, 81, of Black Rock, said: ``I thought it (the renaming) would be a great honour.''

David Rogers, chief executive of cancer support network Challenge, which helped establish the Trevor Barker Foundation, said Mr Barker deserved the honour while he was alive and it was ``narrow-minded'' to name places after only the deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back