Sports travel

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw the Maple Leafs play the Blue Jackets ( NHL) at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. Terrific atmosphere, and the Maple Leafs were appropriately dreadful
Australia vs China in a friendly in Guangzhou. Viduka had a blinder
Man U vs one of the Guangzhou teams on a preaseason trip
Charlton vs Shenzhen Jianlibao on a pre season
And this year I was at the start of stage 5 of the Tour de France in Ypres, Belgium. This was the stage which went cvered most of the battlefields in Flanders (and where Chris Froome crashed on the cobbles)

Had a pretty good run over the last couple years,
Went to the World cup in Brazil, 12 games, including the opener, round of 16, quarter, semi and the final, saw most of the teams we hoped to see (Aus, USA (wife is American), England, Italy, Uruguay, Brazil, Colombia, France, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Netherlands, Belgium)
2013 World Series game one in Boston
Saw a few stages in the mountains of the tour de france in 2011, including the final stage watching Cadel win
LSU V Alabama 2011 - wife is from NOLA and her friends got us tickets... First time I had been to sport in the US
Also saw Texas A&M play Vanderbilt in 2013... johnny football flinging them everywhere.
various NFL, NBA, MLB... Lambeau Field, MSG, Yankee Stadium, Superdome, Fenway, Metlife stadium, plus a few others.

When in Europe next year, it's only average. No Bundesliga I Berlin when there, no Ligue 1 in Paris when I'm there. But I do have EPL aligned nicely in London. Secured a hospitality seat for Arsenal-Chelsea.

When in Europe next year, it's only average. No Bundesliga I Berlin when there, no Ligue 1 in Paris when I'm there. But I do have EPL aligned nicely in London. Secured a hospitality seat for Arsenal-Chelsea.
How much did the hospitality ticket set you back?

Leave in a week for 2 months and the sporting events I've booked include the following:

Rangers vs Livingston at Ibrox Stadium
Harlequins vs Northampton at Twickenham Stadium
Aston Villa vs Sunderland at Villa Park
Four Hills Tournament Ski Jumping World Cup Event at Innsbruck Bergisel
PSG vs Evian at Parc des Princes
Hertha Berlin vs Bayer Leverkusen at Olympiastadion
Vfb Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich at Mercedes-Benz Arena
Germany vs Australia Fed Cup at Porsche Arena

Would like to fit in a lower league game in England and Germany, a Racing Metro Rugby game and maybe a Ice Hockey game in Prague

mets vs florida at citifield in a double header
courtside at arthur ashe for a night session (roddick and sharapova were the drawcards that evening but it only second round)
lakers @ spurs
jazz @ spurs courtside behind jazz bench
spurs @ lakers courtside behind spurs bench

was in europe a few years ago and planned all along to get to wimbledon but it pissed down and became one of the wettest wimbledons in history.

to the people who have been to phillipe chatrier how did you get tickets to that? my mum is a tennis fiend and has been to all the grand slams but really struggled to get anything decent for the french when she went.

bucket list is ashes tour. no doubt about that. will get there when the kids are a bit older.

to the people who have been to phillipe chatrier how did you get tickets to that? my mum is a tennis fiend and has been to all the grand slams but really struggled to get anything decent for the french when she went.

Go to the French Tennis Federation website signup an account for their ticketing and you should get on the mailing list to be alerted when tickets go on sale. I did so when I was still deciding dates for my trip and have received in order offers for the Paris Masters, the Davis Cup Final in Lille and the French Open itself.

Holy f**king christ! When I was in London I spent 15 pounds or so on a Millwall game. Couldn't imagine an Arsenal or Chelsea game would have been *that* much better.
I normal ticket is doable for about $110-$130, but I needed to ensure a ticket so bit the bullet and took a hospitality package.

I have been to several NFL games in the States, mostly Bengals but have also seen NFL games in NY (Jets), Atlanta and Pittsburgh. I get long service leave in two years and was hoping to go to the States and follow the Bengals around for a season. But that won't be happening now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back