Competition SpudQoach™ Season 37 - Mid Season Reveal... Revealed!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Team spud New
edit: proper spudQoach team submission (sorry billy team - you were good placeholders though)

1706887679273.png

TheInjuryFactory

Last edited:
Does this mean I have to name myself in defence again this year?
It would be preferable. Otherwise you'll rack up too many points for the team to be considered.
Or if you name yourself somewhere else, can you at least play s**t?

Tentative selections for team :musicnotes:The Billy Brigade:musicnotes:.
Requesting permission to select a teammate in a mid position due to current lack of availability in meeting team selection criteria.

View attachment 1894845
omgfridge Ulahoopski Rodney Dangerfield Harvey Manfrenjensenden Ligma Ocha905 por_please_ya NaturalDisaster SM hotchilli Drunkgoliath Frederico_WA

Stop It And You GIF

Welcome to the 8th edition of.....

wkvb2FO.png

"The most exciting rigged game in the Sweet FA" - Harvey Manfriends

Back with a cold blooded vengeance on it's naysayers...

It's the league's favourite loosely farming based strategy game, the Sweet F.A SpudQoach competition!!

That's right, YOU could be the coach of your very own SpudQoach™ team in Season 37!!!

LbCNFAg.gif

How you say?

You will select a 12 player team of the Sweet F.A's finest spuds, based on their selections in their club's final H&A fixture of the S36 season, with the aim to record the lowest total SpudQoach™ score of all teams in the competition. The aim of the game is to ensure you select a squad of spudliest spuds that you believe will play EVERY game in S37, but offer the lowest possible SpudQoach™ score as a team.

Think the Le Grille/gym4life award only statistics, not posting.

Your team's SpudQoach™ score is calculated as the sum of all your player’s SpudQoach™ points, which is their Qooty DreamTeam average, plus any penalties. Once you submit your team you cannot make any further changes throughout the season.

Register now to play for your chance to win prizes*!

Prizes include... well, I guess by now you've probably figured out there's no prizes. Besides, the real prize is the friendships we make along the way. :rainbow:

OH WAIT, and this mother*en sexy badge mother*ers!!!

jrzerwN.png

To quote the former admin...

🥳

WE9uxsv.png

How To Play

1. Choose Your Team

*Select your 12 players. You must select 3 defenders, 3 midfielders, 3 forwards, 2 rucks(not rovers, not ruck rovers) and 1 interchange (any position). S37 Rookies will be classed as defenders.

*All players are to be selected for their positions from their club's final H&A game in Season 36. Another thing the f**king stupid bye has made ridiculously and unnecessarily difficult.

Season 36 - Round 16 Teamsheet
Season 36 - Round 15 Teamsheet (Wonders players only)

PLEASE NOTE: Players MUST have been listed in the position they are selected in your team, during their club's final H&A fixture of S36.

• No trades or substitutions allowed.
  • You can change your team before the season starts.
  • You CANNOT (just. f**king. don't) select a teammate as your Captain, and can only select a MAXIMUM of two teammates in your side, and preferably they should only be eligible for selection as defenders, however the SpudQoach™ committee reserves the right for discretion to be applied by exception. Any club captains found to be abusing the selection integrity of their own club for the benefit of their SpudQoach™ side shall be met with Extreme Prejudice.
  • Any invalid player selections will be replaced with a random Sweet F.A player at random. It's totally random I promise.
  • No team changes allowed after the first bounce of the season.
  • Deadline for team submission will be 12pm WST Sunday 4th February. But for god's sake get it in before the weekend so I don't have to chase you up.

2. Choose Your Captain

* Select a Captain from your players who will receive double points. NOTE: This can no longer be a teammate.

3. Post Your Team

* Once you have selected your 11 players on the field, your interchange player, and nominated your Captain, please post a screenshot of your team in the thread using the template.

Here's the template for sharing your team, please post a screenshot in the thread to confirm your squad.

* Don't forget to include the hashtag #S37crop just because. It's a social experiment okay?

ZMYsK4U.png

4. Scoring

Player's Total DT Points/Number of Games Played + Penalties = Player's SpudQoach™ Points (x2 for your Captain)

If Games Played = 0, then Player's SpudQoach™ Points = 200

Team Score = Total SpudQoach™ Points for all players
  • At the end of the season, the average SpudQoach™ points for each of your players are tallied.​
  • For each game a player you have selected fails to play, there is a penalty of +200 points for that player, for that game.​
  • The winner will be the person with the lowest total SpudQoach™ score (total of all player's averages + double for the captain + any penalties for players who did not play).​
Here's the last edition's thread for a sneak peek at what to expect in S37.

FAQs

Q: Isn't this the same as Superqoach?
A:
No, no it's not.

Q: Also TheInjuryFactory, can I pick players based on their Round 1 positions now? - Dav
A:
I think I said yes back in S27, but no, no you can't.

Q: Isn’t Wosh just going to win this again?
A:
No Harvey Manfrenjensenden, I am going to select someone completely different to win this season… sign up now, it could be YOU!

Q: Do I have to do anything? This sounds hard.
A:
Nope! Literally all you have to do is pick a team, and then you can forget about it for the whole season!

Q: I'd like to be a player this year - Sab22
A:
No problem, just don't forget to submit your team before the deadline next time!

Q: How do I play again? - The Half Back
A:
Pick a team of spuds. Set and forget. I'll tag you mid season and again at the end.

Q: Just to clarify, I can only name JoshWoodenSpoon once in my team of spuds? - AceAndy
A:
Correct. (UPDATE: Now you can't even name him once Ace :'( ) (UPDATIER: He's back so you can name him again YAY)

Q: Hey TheInjuryFactory, I played centre in S27 R16 and I'm playing HBF in S28 R1. Do I count as a midfielder or a defender? - Barrybran
A:
Midfielder. Selection is based off the last round of the previous season for positions.

Q: I'm confused about the purpose of the interchange player? Is their score included? Or is their score used if someone misses? - Loonerty
A:
It's basically a wildcard player. You pick another player, from any position you like, for the 'interchange' player. That player's score will be added to the team's overall SpudQoach™ score.

Q: Can i pick my own team? - TJASTA
A:
Yes!

Q: That's last year's teams. - Harvey Manfrenjensenden
A:
Yes! Selections and positioning is based on the last round's teamsheets of the previous season.

S37 rookies are eligible for selection, but will be considered as defenders only.

Q: What happens when your Pratie is so spudly they are dropped from their Spud Team? I note one player above included a recently retired player - Grand Uncle Horace
A:
Any player who does not play a single game in S37 automatically registers a maximum SpudQoach™ score of 200.

Q: Is there a deadline? - GremioPower
A:
Yes, read the OP for fu**s sake.

Q: Will we get the results before Season 37? - DenieD
A:
Probably not, but we're looking good for S39.

Q: Can I be in two sides? - weltschmerz
A:
You can be in many, many SpudQoach™ sides. (Thanks Agent93!!)

I will correct any ineligible selections after lockout with randomly selected replacement players, but if someone actually selects a retired player, I'm inclined to leave as is, because you are an idiot.

Remember, just like last time around, any invalid teams or selections will be met with Extreme Prejudice once the deadline has been reached....

Sign up now to be a part of S37's most punctual tuber-based fantasy Qooty competition!!

SpudQoach™ is an adaptation of Spudcoach, thanks to the legendary Jazny for the inspiration.

Previous qoaches, assemble
Wosh Callums_Guns NaturalDisaster manangatang Headless eth-dog serial_thrilla Chipmunk Test Tickle Tonga Bob PMBangers U2tigers FootyGuy13 MWPP Greenery Pie 4 Life Elton Johns Wig hotchilli Ligma sausageroll Frothies Mcveigh zackah Grand Uncle Horace Harvey Manfrenjensenden Falconista Barrybran sante damicky JoshWoodenSpoon Loonerty DenieD

Liked jib cuts
Chat Pile Cadsky Tigerturbulance Kilroy BLUEALLTHRU tony Dingster The Majestic spudmaster Ocha905 Frederico_WA okeydoke7 beez GWS Goose

Tell your friends!

Player Pool
+ S37 rookies

Season 36 - Round 16 Teamsheet
Season 36 - Round 15 Teamsheet (Wonders players only)

ELIGIBLE PLAYERS
Players​
Club​
3KZ is Football​
ROY​
Ant Bear​
SCS​
ant555​
SCS​
AnUltimateRessie​
WON​
ArdentEagle​
BOM​
Aristotle Pickett​
ROY​
Aucklander​
GUM​
BallaratBulldog​
WON​
Barrybran​
GUM​
beez​
GUM​
big_icky​
DRA​
Billy87​
ESH​
Blaze Storm​
DRA​
BloodySwan​
SCS​
BLUEALLTHRU​
BOM​
BlueE​
GUM​
Bluelegs​
MBD​
bone2468​
GUM​
Bovo​
FUR​
BRAB​
OOB​
Bradesmaen​
DRA​
brahj​
GCR​
Braklet​
OOB​
Brenton Davy​
GCR​
Brick Loosener​
FUR​
BringBackTheAnchor​
DRA​
Cadsky​
GCR​
CakeEater​
GCR​
Callums_Guns​
ESH​
Camros2​
GCR​
Cap​
LVB​
captain blood 17​
OOB​
cartwright​
MBD​
cats_09​
GUM​
cats2rise​
MBD​
Catsnlakers​
ESH​
CatToTheFuture​
GUM​
Chief​
DRA​
Chronz​
FUR​
ClarkeM​
WON​
crazywildhorse​
FUR​
Cubs2Lions​
WON​
CursingFijian​
CIW​
DemonJim​
MBD​
DERRINALPHIL​
ROY​
Dingster​
LVB​
Dinsdale​
CIW​
DragoDelph​
DRA​
Ed_Gein​
ROY​
edgie​
SCS​
Electronic_Renaissance​
LVB​
Elton Johns Wig​
OOB​
Falconista​
GUM​
FireKrakouer​
OOB​
fitzroybowiedog​
ROY​
Fleabane​
OOB​
Footy Is The Win​
BOM​
FootyGuy13​
CIW​
Frederico_WA​
FUR​
Frothies Mcveigh​
FUR​
Ge3ks​
DRA​
Golumless​
GCR​
GotTheGoodes​
SCS​
Gralin​
MBD​
Grand Uncle Horace​
WON​
GremioPower​
SCS​
GreyCrow​
GCR​
GWS Goose​
GUM​
HaroLad​
BOM​
HARPSichord​
WON​
Harvey Manfrenjensenden​
SCS​
Hate​
MBD​
Headless​
MBD​
Hoos​
OOB​
HotPiesWithSauce​
GUM​
Irish BlueBagger​
OOB​
jackenny​
ESH​
JackNah_8​
ROY​
jackster83​
SCS​
jezzajay​
WON​
Jhye Clark 13​
ESH​
JoshWoodenSpoon​
LVB​
JT_the_Man​
WON​
kane249​
LVB​
kenneyswarriors​
OOB​
Kilroy​
BOM​
KinderSmock​
SCS​
King Tenz​
DRA​
krakouers​
GCR​
Krazy Kris​
ESH​
krided​
FUR​
Ligma​
DRA​
Ljp86​
DRA​
Lomas​
GCR​
Lsta062​
WON​
madman18​
ESH​
manangatang​
MBD​
Marklar_33​
WON​
Matera92​
LVB​
MayTheNorthBeWithU​
WON​
Membling​
GCR​
Memphis​
GCR​
Mesc​
CIW​
Millky95​
LVB​
Mobbs​
ROY​
Mofra​
CIW​
MP_​
ESH​
MrPremiership​
GCR​
Mrs Turbo​
OOB​
NaturalDisaster​
FUR​
nobbyiscool​
GUM​
norway blue​
BOM​
NSWCROW​
GUM​
Ocha905​
CIW​
okeydoke7​
SCS​
omgfridge​
FUR​
Osc1​
BOM​
ossie_21​
GUM​
pantskyle​
CIW​
Phar Ace​
ROY​
por_please_ya​
ESH​
Pugsley​
BOM​
Pure Grunt​
ROY​
Purple7x08_24​
CIW​
Quadzilla​
SCS​
Quivorir​
MBD​
Rankine2Rachele​
ESH​
Red mist​
ESH​
Rioli2Rioli​
WON​
Rioli8217​
FUR​
Rodney Dangerfield​
SCS​
RonnieRaven​
LVB​
RookiePick​
LVB​
royboy2​
ROY​
Sab22​
FUR​
saintkildaman​
GUM​
SaintsSeptember​
BOM​
sante​
MBD​
SarahSmiles​
GCR​
sataris​
SCS​
sausageroll​
MBD​
SBYM​
CIW​
Senor M​
LVB​
serial_thrilla​
DRA​
Shermy​
ESH​
Silky23​
FUR​
snozulu​
BOM​
SpecialBruce​
ROY​
SplintWhisky​
FUR​
spudmaster​
CIW​
SSwans2011​
WON​
Strigoi​
DRA​
sunny3193​
BOM​
Supersuns​
DRA​
T2B_​
DRA​
Tandy​
LVB​
Tarkyn_24​
MBD​
Test Tickle​
LVB​
The Majestic​
ESH​
The Sultan​
BOM​
TheInjuryFactory​
CIW​
Ticky009​
SCS​
Tigerturbulance​
OOB​
tigland​
FUR​
tigs2010​
ROY​
TJohn​
OOB​
Tommycash​
LVB​
Tonga Bob​
CIW​
tony​
LVB​
Truetiger​
WON​
TubbsFarquhar​
CIW​
U2tigers​
OOB​
Ulahoopski​
GCR​
Van_Dyke​
MBD​
VeinGlorious​
BOM​
Wacky Tiger​
OOB​
Yakker​
MBD​
YeoGabbaGabba​
BOM​
zackah​
CIW​
Zevon​
ROY​
Zoops​
ESH​

S37 Rookies TBC

Purposefully leaving me out of the eligible player list but still tagging me in the post...
GIF by Team Coco

Purposefully leaving me out of the eligible player list but still tagging me in the post...
GIF by Team Coco
Legit clerical error old friend. You're eligible on all fronts.

Will fix the list, I've probably missed a couple other Wonders in that case.

Requesting permission to select a teammate in a mid position due to current lack of availability in meeting team selection criteria.
Talk me through said dilemma...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teama Bob New
Yep like everyone I’m waiting to see the eligible mids who have been demoted to back pockets 🥰

Last edited:
Team Falconista New
Presenting team...'Taters gonna tate'
taters gonna tate.png
Spudcoach team not to be confused with spudmaster.
#S37crop

Last edited:
Team P4L New
SpudQoach S37.png

SPUDS 4 LIFE TEAM SHEET:

Backs:
Tommycash (c) - T2B_ - Rioli8217

Mids: SarahSmiles - DragoDelph - JackNah_8

Rucks: The Sultan - GremioPower

Forwards: Ace Rimmer - akkaps - Iva Bigun

Interchange: TubbsFarquhar

After an inaugural sixth placed finish last season, the newly named Spuds 4 Life hope to go five better in Season 37 and get one back on our fellow pastry. I've installed someone I can trust as captain to be consistently bad, but that will only be because they won't see the ball, in DragoDelph.

Confident in this team for now, let's see how much it crashes and burns come season's end!

TheInjuryFactory #S37crop

EDIT: Tommycash will be captain

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back