Media TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings - Season 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Only three teams left to announce.
Angela Lansbury Popcorn GIF

3rd - Dragons FFC New
4SLhAwO.png

#3 - Dragons FFC

At number 3 with a helluva bullet, we have Dragons FFC, who've climbed six places in the rankings to find themselves on the podium in the S37 TiFmedia Power Rankings. Yes, I'm aware it's almost S38 at this point but I do this to myself every season so just let me enjoy my hobby please.

I almost need to direct myself to the sign with this one. Are these guys really the third most 'powerful' club in the competition?!?! Well, yeah, of course they are. As we've established, disagreeing with the algorithm only means one thing... you're wrong.

We established as fact in last season's TiFmedia Power Rankings that this club recruited some of the league's greatest reprobates and we were interested to see how things would pan out, but those same jerks also brought great mirth to the league at the expense of the inept Ophidians and for that alone, you have to take your hat off to them.

Is serial_thrilla annoying? yes.
Is Greenery really the captain? Yes?
Is Supersuns a bit of a dickhead? YES!
Is Ligma already bored? Probably, yeah.

But I think that's the idea.

Look, they've clearly set out to stir s**t, and while most of the league's feathers remain unruffled, a more sophisticated Nerd Club offering has certainly been procured here at Dragon Island in recent seasons and it appears to have finally found it's place in the tapestry of this wondrous competition.

Well, for them anyway. And I reckon that's all that matters to them right now.

Also, just quietly I think they were taking the piss out of Ljp86 this season with his milestone stuff, but surely they wouldn't s**t on a club legend like that would they? WOULD THEY?!?! :think:

I'll let you be the judge.

(Yes, yes they would)

4rse0pf.png

OFF SEASON AT A GLANCE...
Notable Moves

IN:

Bonz
via Ophidian Old Boys

OUT:

King Tenz
to Ophidian Old Boys

Strigoi
to East Side Hawks

An interesting set of moves during the off season for the Dragons here, as they've arguably endured a net loss overall. It's always interesting when rookies move to a new club after just the single season under their belt, and EKA contender King Tenz 's surprising move to the Old Boys was a bit of a headscratcher from the outside as he proved to be a particularly active and engaged contributor who's melty style seemed to be a good fit for the Dragons of old, but perhaps that was the issue.

The canary in the coal mine for the revolution underway at the Dragons is clearly Strigoi, a beloved teammate and heart and soul player since joining the Dragons all the way back in S28 who has long championed the go Dragons/Dragon gif posting style that seems to be employed ironically these days and despite having no clear ties to the Hawks, has clearly seen enough the past season or so to know it was time to leave as she does seem like she'd be a weird fit for the S37 Dragons in their current guise.

So the Dragons lose two active and sought after players from the mix, while it was slim pickings coming back the other way, with the old ex slying their way back into bed as Bonz returns after whoring himself spent at Spotswood for a few seasons.

But their improvement has largely come from within in S37, with the highlights being former skipper PhenomenalV1 who's returned to the fold and making a big splash particularly on the media front with SFAEW proving itself to be a mega hit with the Sweet FA public, and S36 alumni big_icky is enjoying a breakout 2nd season at the club with a foray into the media world with a couple of unique pieces proving the kid has some chops.

eRRY3p1.png

Having bottomed out in S34 with the wooden spoon, the Dragons have gone on to qualify for finals in back to back seasons, as their 7 win, 7 loss breakeven home and away season proved good enough for the top eight and a 6th placed finish. They would be disappointed with their early exit from the finals courtesy of an Elimination Final defeat at the hands of the Wonders, but they did well to get there at all after a mid season slump saw them off the pace at 3-6 after 10 rounds.

Individually they performed pretty well, with two former skippers serial_thrilla & T2B_ both securing All-SFA gigs, the latter even elevated to vice captaincy of the side. Full Forward Phenom finished a solid 4th in the Fred race booting 53 majors for the season in an outstanding return to the league, while club & league legend Ljp86 fell agonisingly short of his third Mobbs Medal a remarkable 26 seasons after his last one, with 18 votes to finish equal runner up by a solitary vote.

But it was the beez Trophy that solidified the squad depth they now possess. serial_thrilla & Phenom both earned top 20 finishes, while 5 Dragons in total ranked inside the top 50 (inc skipper Greenery, T2B_ & DragoDelph) It was quite the response as their top 3 vote getters last season finished higher than their best placed finish in the previous seasons' count. In fact, they had 11 players finish 100th place or lower, which was the best result of any club in the competition. A sure fire sign of nepotism sure, but also a sign of their quality depth.

So if last season was a season of sussing out just how much s**t they could stir, then this season is certainly one of consolidation and gentrification, as the Sweet FA equivalent of a pack of eshays look to establish themselves as a mainstream, major player in the Sweet FA landscape with this current crop of mercurial misfits.

Last edited:
I for one am devastated we didn't come first, here are the reasons we should be first:
1. Exciting and engaging team culture
2. Themed match threads
3. Free beers at Crocodile Dundee's after the game! 🍻
4. Dragon gifs

once upon a time dragon GIF by HULU
Dammit, no "eye roll" react here...

4SLhAwO.png

#3 - Dragons FFC

At number 3 with a helluva bullet, we have Dragons FFC, who've climbed six places in the rankings to find themselves on the podium in the S37 TiFmedia Power Rankings. Yes, I'm aware it's almost S38 at this point but I do this to myself every season so just let me enjoy my hobby please.

I almost need to direct myself to the sign with this one. Are these guys really the third most 'powerful' club in the competition?!?! Well, yeah, of course they are. As we've established, disagreeing with the algorithm only means one thing... you're wrong.

We established as fact in last season's TiFmedia Power Rankings that this club recruited some of the league's greatest reprobates and we were interested to see how things would pan out, but those same jerks also brought great mirth to the league at the expense of the inept Ophidians and for that alone, you have to take your hat off to them.

Look, they've clearly set out to stir s**t, and while most of the league's feathers remain unruffled, a more sophisticated Nerd Club offering has certainly been procured here at Dragon Island in recent seasons and it appears to have finally found it's place in the tapestry of this wondrous competition.

Also, just quietly I think they were taking the piss out of Ljp86 this season with his milestone stuff, but surely they wouldn't s**t on a club legend like that would they? WOULD THEY?!?! :think:

(Yes, yes they would)

4rse0pf.png

Notable Moves

IN:

Bonz
via Ophidian Old Boys

OUT:

King Tenz
to Ophidian Old Boys

Strigoi
to East Side Hawks

An interesting set of moves during the off season for the Dragons here, as they've arguably endured a net loss overall. It's always interesting when rookies move to a new club after just the single season under their belt, and EKA contender King Tenz 's surprising move to the Old Boys was a bit of a headscratcher from the outside as he proved to be a particularly active and engaged contributor who's melty style seemed to be a good fit for the Dragons of old, but perhaps that was the issue.

The canary in the coal mine for the revolution underway at the Dragons is clearly Strigoi, a beloved teammate and heart and soul player since joining the Dragons all the way back in S28 who has long championed the go Dragons/Dragon gif posting style that seems to be employed ironically these days and despite having no clear ties to the Hawks, has clearly seen enough the past season or so to know it was time to leave as she does seem like she'd be a weird fit for the S37 Dragons in their current guise.

So the Dragons lose two active and sought after players from the mix, while it was slim pickings coming back the other way, with the old ex slying their way back into bed as Bonz returns after whoring himself spent at Spotswood for a few seasons.

But their improvement has largely come from within in S37, with the highlights being former skipper PhenomenalV1 who's returned to the fold and making a big splash particularly on the media front with SFAEW proving itself to be a mega hit with the Sweet FA public, and S36 alumni big_icky is enjoying a breakout 2nd season at the club with a foray into the media world with a couple of unique pieces proving the kid has some chops.

eRRY3p1.png

Having bottomed out in S34 with the wooden spoon, the Dragons have gone on to qualify for finals in back to back seasons, as their 7 win, 7 loss breakeven home and away season proved good enough for the top eight and a 6th placed finish. They would be disappointed with their early exit from the finals courtesy of an Elimination Final defeat at the hands of the Wonders, but they did well to get there at all after a mid season slump saw them off the pace at 3-6 after 10 rounds.

Individually they performed pretty well, with two former skippers serial_thrilla & T2B_ both securing All-SFA gigs, the latter even elevated to vice captaincy of the side. Full Forward Phenom finished a solid 4th in the Fred race booting 53 majors for the season in an outstanding return to the league, while club & league legend Ljp86 fell agonisingly short of his third Mobbs Medal a remarkable 26 seasons after his last one, with 18 votes to finish equal runner up by a solitary vote.

But it was the beez Trophy that solidified the squad depth they now possess. serial_thrilla & Phenom both earned top 20 finishes, while 5 Dragons in total ranked inside the top 50 (inc skipper Greenery, T2B_ & DragoDelph) It was quite the response as their top 3 vote getters last season finished higher than their best placed finish in the previous seasons' count. In fact, they had 11 players finish 100th place or lower, which was the best result of any club in the competition. A sure fire sign of nepotism sure, but also a sign of their quality depth.

So if last season was a season of sussing out just how much s**t they could stir, then this season is certainly one of consolidation and gentrification, as the Sweet FA equivalent of a pack of eshays look to establish themselves as a mainstream, major player in the Sweet FA landscape with this current crop of mercurial misfits.

Who are the Dragons? I play for Supersuns FFC
1000011448.png

4SLhAwO.png

#3 - Dragons FFC

(Yes, yes they would)

4rse0pf.png

Notable Moves

IN:

Bonz
via Ophidian Old Boys

OUT:

King Tenz
to Ophidian Old Boys

Strigoi
to East Side Hawks

eRRY3p1.png

I've always approved of TheInjuryFactory media. 👏

Well, being that you have removable eyeballs…I’d say that trumps an eye roll by a great margin. 😉🤭
Everyone has removable eyeballs if you try hard enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back