Media TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings - Season 35

Which club do you want to see ranked #1 in the TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings??

• Bombers

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Dragons

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Phoenix

• Furies

• Royals

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Bears

• Demons

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Old Boys

• Roys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swamprats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wonders

• S Club 7

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did you play last season Moochy boi? :think:

View attachment 1622766

Good to see sanity prevailing this season. :thumbsu:

View attachment 1622768
The thread title says S35.

On The Road Lol GIF by Showtime

wdnUhRG.png

#10 - Roys FFC

Next up in the TiFmedia Power Rankings are a bit of a surprise. It’s the all conquering S33 Premiers, Roys FFC in 10th spot.

Similar to the Phoenix, no club could wear the loss of league heavyweights like Mobbs, Dingster and Wosh without seeing a considerable drop down the standings, while simultaneously retaining accumulated deadwood like zackah on their list. Despite their qooty barely skipping a beat last season and enjoying a hot start in S35, the club is well and truly in the midst of an enforced rebuild the likes of which couldn’t have seemed further away during their barnstorming premiership winning season less than 12 months ago.

k7OlogL.png

OFF SEASON AT A GLANCE...
Notable Changes

IN:

Nil

OUT:
Wosh
ROY > MBD
hotchilli
ROY > GCR

So to the outs, and S35 saw not only the mercurial Wosh make her way to Mt Buller for reasons unknown, but perhaps even more surprisingly the promising potential future leader hotchilli make an unexpected switch to the Royals, with nobody really coming the other way. As we’ve touched on, you add that to the losses of Dingster and Mobbs on the eve of Season 34, and that leaves a gaping hole in a list once the envy of the league just a short time ago.

The saving grace for the Roys is the steady leadership of long term and well respected skipper TedDougChris and his deputy the hall of famer and former Roys captain fitzroybowiedog, who have all the necessary nous and guile to see the Roys through this period of turmoil as they seek to restore a list that has fallen into a severe state of disrepair and has struggled to cover the considerable losses endured as their high profile premiership teammates moved on.

WKmIgG2.png

On the field, the Roys machine has rolled on papering over the significant cracks off field, as they remain the form side in the competition with 15 wins from their last 21 outings. They would well and truly still be licking their wounds after a heartbreaking Grand Final loss having missed a golden opportunity to go back to back for the first time in club history.

Individually it’s been a mixed bag, as Zevon has ousted long term spearhead Mooch from full forward with diminished returns and a 9th placed finish in the Fred. They fared far better in the Mobbs, with inside bull tigs2010 finishing on the podium with an equal third finish, and the club managed two All-SFA guernseys in the S34 side, with the since departed midfielder Wosh and the surprising selection of relative unknown Elmer_Judd seeing the club represented in a strong season on the field.

But it’s not all doom and gloom at the BJO, with some promising reasonably new talent like DERRINALPHIL & Lore giving the club a different complexion, and a raft of vets who on their day can still impact both on and off the field giving the club the backbone required to build a list around. The Roys have always been a club with strong sense of self, and this remains in tact despite the significant list changes.

TedDougChris continues to be a leading voice in the committee room, so in him they have a vocal and engaged leader who has seen it all before, and knows what it takes to build a premiership side and win it… but also knows the toil and time it will take to get there.

And who knows, with prodigal sons Mobbs and Broken well into their stints at opposition clubs, time only makes the heart grow fonder. I think most keen observers would agree the time will surely come where the lure of home and those tasty, tasty chudshakes gets too great to ignore and we will hopefully see these old Rillas back home and hosed at the good old Roys.

Combine that with some consistent recruitment over the next season or two and improvement within their current playing list and the Roys off the field will get back to balancing with their considerable qooty prowess.
I had Gumbies as next cab off the rank here but you've made a few solid points, the loss of hotchilli was undeniably huge. Might want to check last time FBD logged in though..

I had Gumbies as next cab off the rank here but you've made a few solid points, the loss of hotchilli was undeniably huge. Might want to check last time FBD logged in though..
Zevon take note.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
The saving grace for the Roys is the steady leadership of long term and well respected skipper TedDougChris and his deputy the hall of famer and former Roys captain @fitzroybowiedog who have all the necessary nous and guile to see the Roys through this period of turmoil.
1D243310-DBC6-4B4E-847D-177D297427BE.jpeg

Yes, crying shame we don't see more of fitzy.

Stand by my comments. Even if fitzy only pops in once or twice this season, his leadership insight leaves 95% of current leaders in the competition for dead.

Point I am making is that the list is a bit shabby, but the leaders are very experienced and extremely capable. TedDougChris is an exceptional leader in his own right, and if fitzy offers anything additional the club is in good hands. One to watch that I was probably remiss in not mentioning is Zevon, would be a great foil for TDC should fitzy's absence linger.

Yes, crying shame we don't see more of fitzy.

Stand by my comments. Even if fitzy only pops in once or twice this season, his leadership insight leaves 95% of current leaders in the competition for dead.

Point I am making is that the list is a bit shabby, but the leaders are very experienced and extremely capable. TedDougChris is an exceptional leader in his own right, and if fitzy offers anything additional the club is in good hands. One to watch that I was probably remiss in not mentioning is Zevon, would be a great foil for TDC should fitzy's absence linger.
Maybe you could tell us which captain/co captain is the only one in the whole of the SFA that is contributing more than a guy who hasn’t been seen in almost 5 months.

Surely they are deserving of our gratitude and praise?

Back