Mod. Notice SRP Feedback

How's the board travelling?

• SRP is great, but BigFooty generally needs some work though

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are asking all SRP board members to give us some feedback about the state of our board. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going on this board. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the thead structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigFooty and specifically this board can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

Its more or less better than I can remember.

There are perpetual derailers and so forth but generally speaking everyone knows who they are and most people debate quite respectfully and enjoy a bit of a joke.

It is biased, but there's some good banter to be had when everyone plays fair

Very well moderated. I think most understand that these particular topics will draw emotion and it can be very hard to manage . Keep up the good word mods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many right-wing nutters/dumb-dumbs, but can be entertaining. 6/10 rubber chickens.

I really wish there was a way to penalise people for just s**t quality of debate, or stupidity. But its inherently undemocratic to start doing that kind of thing via moderation, and there's no downvote option on BF either.

That would be a welcome improvement though: a way to encourage high quality debate that isn't arbitrary or undemocratic

I really wish there was a way to penalise people for just s**t quality of debate, or stupidity. But its inherently undemocratic to start doing that kind of thing via moderation, and there's no downvote option on BF either.

That would be a welcome improvement though: a way to encourage high quality debate that isn't arbitrary or undemocratic
Maybe some of the right wing posters pretty much feel the same about the s**t you repetitively post.

only comment i have is as a newbie poster i notice the forum seemed to get owned by one poster Coup, and he seems to be all over the place and very dogmatic, and mottrain is correct in rasing concerns re: above about this poster called Coup way to many postings every day , their must be a limit placed on how many times you can interrupt and state his opinion as above everyone else, maybe a timeout can be put in place, just a suggestion to help the forum

Mods constantly closing threads started by conservative posters, but letting threads on the exact same topic with the opposite viewpoint stand.

Recommend getting some mods from both sides of the political divide so dissenting views aren't continually modded.

Perhaps give some thought to modding away purely ad-hominem posts, which are the entirety of some posters' content. It would improve the quality of the debate here immensely if people were required to argue their point rather than just call each other names, which is most of what happens here currently.

Last edited:
only comment i have is as a newbie poster i notice the forum seemed to get owned by one poster Coup, and he seems to be all over the place and very dogmatic, and mottrain is correct in rasing concerns re: above about this poster called Coup way to many postings every day , their must be a limit placed on how many times you can interrupt and state his opinion as above everyone else, maybe a timeout can be put in place, just a suggestion to help the forum

How can I interrupt you on a forum?

I do read all your posts with a stutter though for some reason, I gotta admit.

If you're not a hard left leaning, greenie anti-theist then you will be down voted to hell on that sub.

Reddit has a younger userbase, young Australians are increasingly left wing/communal in their thinking.

The right wing has been in the entirety of their lives, they don't use traditional media, and weren't raised on the Herald Sun. The brainwashing hasn't stuck.

Reddit has a younger userbase, young Australians are increasingly left wing/communal in their thinking.

The right wing has been in the entirety of their lives, they don't use traditional media, and weren't raised on the Herald Sun. The brainwashing hasn't stuck.
This is a fallacy. For years this has existed then as they turn 30 plus they often switch in their view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back