Steven Motlop dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoken like someone who hasn't lost a family member to drink driving. If you have I unreservedly apologise, but the limit is in place for a reason, there are very observable ways in which a 0.068 BAC can impact your driving ability and that can well and truly be the end of the world for some families.

let's allocate blame on the right thing

perspective.........068 is low

sure you can still have an accident at .068 but you can have one with a zero reading.
Just because you can have an accident at 0 doesn't excuse being over the legal limit. It's about risk management - 0.068 is more of a risk than 0. Obviously 0.05 is also more of a risk but they've drawn the line somewhere and everyone knows where the line is.

As someone who has lost a family member in an drink driving accident (where the other driver was drunk) I just have no time for anyone who does it. I know he 'thought he was right' but I can't accept people rationalising because he was only a little over. Yes 0.068 is better than 0.09 or 0.1 or whatever, but it's still too much. Not using that to try and gain leverage in the argument, just saying that drink driving can and does matter a whole lot, regardless of how 'slightly' over the person in.

Just because you can die wearing a seatbelt doesn't mean you shouldn't bother wearing one. You can die on a bike with a helmet but you should still wear one to mitigate risk. Same applies here.

Just because you can have an accident at 0 doesn't excuse being over the legal limit. It's about risk management - 0.068 is more of a risk than 0. Obviously 0.05 is also more of a risk but they've drawn the line somewhere and everyone knows where the line is.

As someone who has lost a family member in an drink driving accident (where the other driver was drunk) I just have no time for anyone who does it. I know he 'thought he was right' but I can't accept people rationalising because he was only a little over. Yes 0.068 is better than 0.09 or 0.1 or whatever, but it's still too much. Not using that to try and gain leverage in the argument, just saying that drink driving can and does matter a whole lot, regardless of how 'slightly' over the person in.

Just because you can die wearing a seatbelt doesn't mean you shouldn't bother wearing one. You can die on a bike with a helmet but you should still wear one to mitigate risk. Same applies here.

yep agree

it was silly

and you can choke to death on your own fart if there wasnt regulations placed

just mitigating, as an incident happened now we must alter the rules for your/own protection. One human broke the law, as he was famous lets create mayhem and attempt to alter the laws of society. one law for people, another for those in the public
Righto? Where did I say let's alter the law? The law is .05 and he was above .05, and I said that was a stupid thing to do. Where did I say let's change the law because he's famous?

It's funny how depending on the person committing the crime, people have altering perceptions of what's acceptable.

If it was Eddie McGuire who was the culprit for example, more people would want him deported from the country or facing the firing squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back