Status
Not open for further replies.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just wondering what some of the news is with the Sunraysia Football League. As to date, have not heard a lot. Who are the main threats for the flag and what gun players run around in that League?

Re: Sunraysia Football league

A figure like that would be amazing who is digging deep???????? surely it must be known who it is. i hate to offend any1 but with the new points system u can only get bout 5 to 6 players in. The maggies need 3 years of serious development on top of the 5 to 6 guns.

Sorry legend i cant see the maggies holding the P/Ship cup aloft in 2009

I heard that it has something to do with 'best bottlers'

Isn't it the company that makes the plastic corks for wine bottles!??

Contract bottling and packaging plant in Irymple, run by a Merbein idenity who was once in charge of Mildara Blass Winery.

That type of money should not be spent on players, but invested wisely to produce a steady income stream over a period of time. This could then be used on facilities and put into the junior program to help develop, keep and recruit (through better facilities and coaching) players. But it will probably used to help retire debt and on players. Good luck to them, hope they use it wisely because the competition could do with all teams being competitive.

Contract bottling and packaging plant in Irymple, run by a Merbein idenity who was once in charge of Mildara Blass Winery.

That type of money should not be spent on players, but invested wisely to produce a steady income stream over a period of time. This could then be used on facilities and put into the junior program to help develop, keep and recruit (through better facilities and coaching) players. But it will probably used to help retire debt and on players. Good luck to them, hope they use it wisely because the competition could do with all teams being competitive.

I hear merbein were $30,000 in debt at the end of the year and that has since been cleared by another merbein business man which leaves them now $50,000 in credit. Santa has come early if my info is correct

I hear merbein were $30,000 in debt at the end of the year and that has since been cleared by another merbein business man which leaves them now $50,000 in credit. Santa has come early if my info is correct
well lets hope they use it wisely. All 8 sides competitive is all most supporters would be looking for.

i hear merv wont be back, good thing i say. he is only a cheque book coach anyway, if he has loads of money to spend sure he can win games but without it he is just average. look at the state he left the pies after there flags.
pity there are so many guys leaving merbein lets hope its just rumour and they find a decent coach and a few young players not the over priced has beens and improve

This site is really struggling.

How can Merbein be the only topic of conversation when they have been absolute shite since they last won a flag.
Surely people are more interested in hearing about sides that have some bearing on the outcome of a game and actually going somewhere.

I guess it's like watching a car crash though!

Whats the gossip around town on player movement and recruits?

I know we have just about retained our premiership team and Mayne is our new major sponsor with a million doolar sponsorship package.

Irymple are hoping the BIG D is over the line as coach, think he wouldn't make a great coach and he is quieter than a mouse.

Very hard to get recruits as no work in area to draw them.
Ouyen have spoken to players at every club and throwing huge cash at them, will be interesting who they get.

Think Anstey will end up at Robinvale as he has put a price on his head that no one else would pay. O'bree to south or ouyen.

think Milliwa clubs will take alot of players next year so I guess time will tell

Whats the gossip around town on player movement and recruits?

Liked the comment by Lowery in the paper that 30 odd turned up to Merbeins crisis meeting when only 7 players were there along with 3 on the committee. They need to move fast to appoint a coach as they will fold otherwise!!:thumbsdown:

The upside is the 10 people left at the club will pocket about 5k each with the new sponsorship deal.:D:thumbsu:

Millewa clubs will be the big winner this year with plenty already signed at various clubs. Col Keatch & Joey Wright to Meringur are the most recent.:eek:

i'd pencil in "meringur premiers 2009" with those 2 boys going out there!! a few more are heading out there 2... :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Anyone got a few paragraphs they can drop about Troy Hosking. Just arrived in Western Border. Playing for Millicent from up this way. Go ok?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd pencil in "meringur premiers 2009" with those 2 boys going out there!! a few more are heading out there 2...

Rikk22 let go of it as there are about 4 other clubs in front of Meringur that have more chance in 09' of winning a premiership. As always there are plenty of clubs that are March hero's but end up being April fools!!:thumbsu:

On the rumour mill heard today that Euston have recruited strongly but again they are coming from there neighbouring town.:mad:

Peter Zappia/Josh Healy/Felix Liporatta/D.Curran and a few others are the disgruntled Robinvale players heading to the bombers. Thats if they get cleared.:confused:

Ouyen have also offered Stephen Denaro $1k a game without even training!!:eek:

Also heard that Ouyen have offered Jacob McManus from Red Cliffs 20K+ to go out there this year. Ridiculous money if right for a kid!!:thumbsdown:

Rikk22 let go of it as there are about 4 other clubs in front of Meringur that have more chance in 09' of winning a premiership. As always there are plenty of clubs that are March hero's but end up being April fools!!:thumbsu:

On the rumour mill heard today that Euston have recruited strongly but again they are coming from there neighbouring town.:mad:

Peter Zappia/Josh Healy/Felix Liporatta/D.Curran and a few others are the disgruntled Robinvale players heading to the bombers. Thats if they get cleared.:confused:

Ouyen have also offered Stephen Denaro $1k a game without even training!!:eek:

Also heard that Ouyen have offered Jacob McManus from Red Cliffs 20K+ to go out there this year. Ridiculous money if right for a kid!!:thumbsdown:

BS!! where do you get this crap from? No wonder the site is struggling!!

Anyone got a few paragraphs they can drop about Troy Hosking. Just arrived in Western Border. Playing for Millicent from up this way. Go ok?

A very good and smart on-baller. If he stays injury free you'll get 1 good year out of him.... and then he'll put in his clearance to another club.

BS!! where do you get this crap from? No wonder the site is struggling!!

Spoke with a premiership player of Euston and ex coach who informed me of these movements to Euston.

You obviously got your head in the sand Rabbit as the Mcmanus one has been flying around for a while and Ouyen has been chasing Denaro for a few years now. Even Bell/Anstey & O'Bree have been offered this kind of money from Ouyen also.:eek:

If the website is struggling why don't you contribute hero!!:thumbsu: Or dont bother as this site is used to create interest in the league and what is happening whether its is gospel or not.

Tell me something you know or maybe ya know f... all and thats why you have written this meaningless message tool time!!:thumbsdown:

Yeah what a load of bullshit. I heard Ouyen had offered both Santa and the Easter Bunny up to $1500 per game but neither are available at the crunch time of the season.

Spoke with a premiership player of Euston and ex coach who informed me of these movements to Euston.

You obviously got your head in the sand Rabbit as the Mcmanus one has been flying around for a while and Ouyen has been chasing Denaro for a few years now. Even Bell/Anstey & O'Bree have been offered this kind of money from Ouyen also.:eek:

If the website is struggling why don't you contribute hero!!:thumbsu: Or dont bother as this site is used to create interest in the league and what is happening whether its is gospel or not.

Tell me something you know or maybe ya know f... all and thats why you have written this meaningless message tool time!!:thumbsdown:

At the end of the day if your right, I'm wrong.
If your wrong, your a fool!!
Time will tell.
At the end of the day who could say no to 1k a week to play footy?
Congress too, has lost the plot, on the news tonite saying sides in the Millewa, Sunraysia & Mallee leagues are shelling out big coin.
Who? Where? Proof? Which teams in the SFL really recruited this year?
"Local clubs need to look to their Jnr's" Congress said. Pete Millewa don't have Jnr, where do the players come from? hello!

Yeah what a load of bullshit. I heard Ouyen had offered both Santa and the Easter Bunny up to $1500 per game but neither are available at the crunch time of the season.

Well they paid Sonny $1200 in his last year so i guess Santa & Easter Bunny are probably worth that kind of money as he was a clown!!:thumbsu::p

Any relation to Borat or do you just dress like him??:D

Well they paid Sonny $1200 in his last year so i guess Santa & Easter Bunny are probably worth that kind of money as he was a clown!!:thumbsu::p

Any relation to Borat or do you just dress like him??:D

I know u rate yourself, i read where you like people to know you've played 300+ flags, b&f's etc.(admittly most would think w***er)
And Sonny's a clown, how'd u stack up against "the clown"?
You'd have know idea, 12 months ago u posted Ouyen would never let him go. 3 months later signed with South.
Do u know the bloke? did he tell you he got 1200 a game?

I know u rate yourself, i read where you like people to know you've played 300+ flags, b&f's etc.(admittly most would think w***er)
And Sonny's a clown, how'd u stack up against "the clown"?
You'd have know idea, 12 months ago u posted Ouyen would never let him go. 3 months later signed with South.
Do u know the bloke? did he tell you he got 1200 a game?

Whats your claim to fame champ. Or are you just a computer guru who sits behind a desk and knows stuff all about footy.

When i posted that someone had ask that i new nothing about footy and just pointed out that i had palyed a few games and won some awards. Does not mean i know everthing just follow the game like religon. Is that a crime??:confused:

Sonny is a gun footballer know doubt but has his issues off the field which are well known. The Clown comment was to do with the other 2 in suits!!;)

I worked in Ouyen and with an employee who was on the Ouyen Committee. Was on a $1k 1st yr an $1200 2nd yr.

You heard Congress last night and he had admitted that players were getting offered a $1k for a game of football.:eek:

Am i full of s**t or maybe i am right??:rolleyes:

Whats your claim to fame champ. Or are you just a computer guru who sits behind a desk and knows stuff all about footy.

When i posted that someone had ask that i new nothing about footy and just pointed out that i had palyed a few games and won some awards. Does not mean i know everthing just follow the game like religon. Is that a crime??:confused:

Sonny is a gun footballer know doubt but has his issues off the field which are well known. The Clown comment was to do with the other 2 in suits!!;)

I worked in Ouyen and with an employee who was on the Ouyen Committee. Was on a $1k 1st yr an $1200 2nd yr.

You heard Congress last night and he had admitted that players were getting offered a $1k for a game of football.:eek:

Am i full of s**t or maybe i am right??:rolleyes:

Or maybe just out of touch?

My example; how importmant is it to recruit/pay big coin?

BACKS
Mitchell Andrews
Seamus Maloney
Jarrod Roberts
H/BACK
Jarrod McNally
Brendan Rhodes
Bradley Hards
CENTRE
Colby Hards
David Clohesy
Daniel Fraser
H/FORWARD
Alex Douglas
Luke Kneebone
Andrew Richardson
FORWARDS
Bradley Thomas
Andrew Petrie
Rohan Malic
ON BALL
Darren Atkinson
Michael Hickey
Ryan Hards
I/CHANGE
Dylan Challis
Daniel Hickey
Dylan Kelly
IN
Jarrod McNally
OUT
Nicholas Nocera

I believe (stand corrected if needed) Jnr's rather than recruits are the way forward, 5 of Imp side didn't play Jnr at the club, Challis 19-20yo Merbein > Imp to play with this mate, Thomas jumped the fence to play in a successful side (can't image he'd be getting great $$) Atkinson ass coach, Mitch Andrews runs/owns local travel agency with his father.(who is a club sponsor). Kneebone fireman who came to town.(good recruit)

Or maybe just out of touch?

My example; how importmant is it to recruit/pay big coin?

Good point Rabbit and a perfect example of how to look after juniors and keep existing players. No argument from me!!:thumbsu:

I think that the money being offered is ridiculous and way to much for this league to sustain and could spell disasterous for some clubs.:thumbsdown:

Unfortunatley you can not stop this from happening unless all leagues adopt the same point system or salary cap.

From the Millewa side of things these clubs have to pay money to these guys or they dont come out full stop. No juniors or reserves makes it hard to groom players for the future. This is the same as the mallee league.

Gol Gol & Bambill have been doing it for years plus they have an advantage of being in town!! If you had a choice the town sides would be first pick.

My opinions to you and others may not be worthy sometimes as i talk about other clubs players & possible movements but this is what the site is here for to throw around opinions of others & future ideas of where the league & clubs are heading.:thumbsu:

Wentworth - Players[/COLOR] 24 WALL, GeoffreyL.Back Pocket 16 BATH, TravisFull Back 32 MCGLYNN, ZacharyR.Back Pocket 9 CAMERON, MatthewL.Half.Back 37 RIGBY, AustinC.Half.Back 1 CUMMING, GlenR.Half.Back 8 BRADY, WarrickLeft-Wing 18 RIGBY, BernardCentre 12 SMITH, JoshuaRight-Wing 13 ANDREWS, RyanL.Half.Fwd 26 CLAY, JustinC.Half.Fwd 17 WATT, JamesR.Half.Fwd 14 LIPETRI, TomL.Fwd.Pocket 15 BELL, JasonFull-Forward 6 HANCOCK, WadeR.Fwd.Pocket 21 OUGH, AndrewRuck 5 ALVEY, MarkRuck Rover 25 BYRNES, PhillipRover 3 ANDREWS, ColinInterchange 20 CROWLEY, BryantInterchange 7 MACLEOD, GarethInterchange

That's the side WW ran out, that was defeated by R'vale in the finals, Brady, Ough & Bell didn't play Jnr at the club. Brady 20yo from the Mallee up here working, Ough played 200+ games/coached the club (probaby wondering where his life membership is?) Bell former coach, been at the club 4 years. No recruits, good Jnr retension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back