FTA-TV Supernatural

Remove this Banner Ad

It isn't at this stage. It is still renewed on a season by season basis. I think it is an example of why you should sometimes stick with a show that might be going through a lull.

It dropped off a little bit for a couple of seasons and you could have said that it had run its course and was out of stories. I loved S9 (I'll admit getting a little worried when Oz came into it - but those quirky side eps are actually part of what makes it a great show IMO.) and am now eagerly awaiting S10. The situation now opens up many possibilities.
I've always been of the opinion that Supernatural is a high quality show and that the first couple of seasons were very very good and the rest have simply been very good, which when compared to each other doesn't make them look good, but against other shows Supernatural is head and shoulders above.

The only episode I truly didn't like has been the 'Bloodlines' episode a few weeks back (the semi-pilot episode) that was awful.

I've always been of the opinion that Supernatural is a high quality show and that the first couple of seasons were very very good and the rest have simply been very good, which when compared to each other doesn't make them look good, but against other shows Supernatural is head and shoulders above.

The only episode I truly didn't like has been the 'Bloodlines' episode a few weeks back (the semi-pilot episode) that was awful.
Yeah, agree on Bloodlines. That was less Supernatural, more The Originals.

Of course I'll still watch it though :p

Hoping they don't go down the path of previous seasons and have the cliffhanger partially resolved in the first 10 mins of the season opener. (Dean first going to Hell, Sam ditto etc.)

Loved the last 30 seconds, could see it coming but uber awesome :)

Said it many times before but this show balances humor and drama so well, it's such an original show. They do an excellent job with casting too. How good is Curtis Armstrong (Booger from Revenge of the Nerds) as Metatron? Can pull off the best smug evil grin. That scene where he realized he'd been played by Cas was great too.

Bring on the end of the footy season so we can watch S10! :p

So, did Crowley turn Dean into a demon or was he already becoming a demon because of the blade?

Got to wonder what's happened to Dean's soul! He's been put through the wringer over the years.
It was the blade. Cain was a human until he killed Abel with the first blade. He became the first Knight of Hell afterwards. Presumably that is what Dean now is.

Thinking now, presumably it'll be a Gadreel type deal where Crowley will let him be 'Dean' half the time? Then at the opportune time Crowley will have him f*** s**t up? Or (and would prefer this) him being a full on second in command.

So many possibilities. :thumbsu:

Oh and man, shame they won't have Gadreel around, did a great job and I'd certainly watch a Cas/Gad spin-off.

"Wookie" :D

tumblr_n5wh6lNOsU1qbvlito2_1280.jpg

IM surprised everyone was that surprised, considering the lore (stated earlier in the season, and maybe it was me rembering my catholic primary school stories) is that kane had to wander the earth where everything he touched turned into ashes but he was in essence immortal.

In saying that, Im excited for next season, as long as this doesn't turn into Soulless Sam 2.0 i will be happy

Just caught up. Man this show is still quality. Final two eps were akin to the seasons 1-5 mastery.

I thought the opening scene of Bloodlines was epic... only for the mystery dude to be some random old man. The spin-off is cancelled as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demon dean is hilarious. Hopefully they keep him demon for a few more eps. Interested what the monster of the week filler eps will be like given Sam is more than occupied at the moment. Scenes with Hannah are a snore fest though.

The more i watch this show the more it feels like it takes on the form of wrestling (in this context i mean it as a compliment). where the main guys go back and forth taking turns as 'face' and 'heal'. you've got some characters such as crowley who are always heal but everyone loves them for it, then you've got dean who was loved as a face and now is loved even more as a heal (a.k.a the Rock). Its great television and the show runners really know what they are doing, face Dean, heal Sam, heal Dean, face Sam, its the same thing just told a different way.

So apparently season 11 has been green lit by the studio based on how season 10 goes.

After watching the first couple of episodes I'm not sure I want that to happen. I love the show don't get me wrong but I don't want it to become stale and start rehashing old concepts. I kind of want it to end with both Sam and Dean dying as a final sacrifice sort of thing.

So apparently season 11 has been green lit by the studio based on how season 10 goes.

After watching the first couple of episodes I'm not sure I want that to happen. I love the show don't get me wrong but I don't want it to become stale and start rehashing old concepts. I kind of want it to end with both Sam and Dean dying as a final sacrifice sort of thing.

Did you watch the retrospective special they screened a few days before the season opener?

By the sounds of it they're thinking it still has plenty of mileage, and to be honest, the show is still as good as it's ever been. They've never really had a weak season IMO. That being said i'd hate for it to become a show that is a chore to watch or jumps the shark. Think 12 seasons would be the perfect amount when it's said and done.

Yeah I found that all pretty odd that he was cured in one ep compared to how long they had Crowley.

Crowley is King of Hell so I'm guessing he was a bit stronger. Sam even said the treatment was having a stronger effect on Dean and he was worried it would kill him.

So, what happens now? Dean is cured and Cas has his mojo back. What's left?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back