Superstitions?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do you have any, sport related or otherwise?

I've worn one black and one white sock (short on white socks :p) to the footy three times. 2006 Elimination Final, Fremantle game and Brisbane game. I'm thinking this will become a weekly thing. :thumbsu:

I'm a keeper/batsman, always put on the left pad and the left glove first.

If I touch anything accidentally with one of my hands, I have to with the other one too, otherwise I'll be uneven? Strange, I know.

And finally, if I go to get some bread, I won't take any on the edges of the loaves. :eek:

How about you lot?

When I play cricket I go have a look at the pitch as soon as I get to the ground, whether we're batting or bowling. I did the same when I played footy, always had a kick on the ground an hour or two before the match.

I'm a keeper/bat too, and always put my right pad on first (when batting that is - not for keeping, have had to switch over quickly between innings too many times to keep a superstition!). Have had the odd pair of special jocks too and I never wear zinc either - not that i did a great deal but on a couple of occasions it just didn't work out well!

I like Cam Bruce's superstition of being one of the last through the banner and never touching it either.

on the way 2 my game of footy i always put my socks on in the car and i have a special way of rolling them up aswell.

Do you have any, sport related or otherwise?

I've worn one black and one white sock (short on white socks :p) to the footy three times. 2006 Elimination Final, Fremantle game and Brisbane game. I'm thinking this will become a weekly thing. :thumbsu:

If I touch anything accidentally with one of my hands, I have to with the other one too, otherwise I'll be uneven? Strange, I know.

And finally, if I go to get some bread, I won't take any on the edges of the loaves. :eek:

How about you lot?
did this all Queens Birthday, din't quite work out so now I don't bother, it was hard work trying to look normal as well:D

Sivart that is a pretty F**ked superstition.

I agree.
When I starting doing it I was in a rich vein of form and then when I started warming up with the balls and few stuffed kicks here and there and then when the match started I would struggle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back