Stats & History SweetFA Win/Loss trends

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been working on this for a few seasons now, the idea of seeing how a team fluctuates in wins and losses through the course of their existence. I was curious to see if there is any method to the belief that some teams are blessed - or cursed - and decided to track each team in the chance that there is someone else who might be interested.

This data will be presented team by team, with the defunct teams appearing first and the current teams following (once the Season 20 Grand Final is decided)

The data will appear on a grid like this:
QVsH8P3.png

The leftmost axis is a positive/negative value tracking wins and losses. A win is +1, a loss is -1. This means that if a team is +10 at a certain point it means that they have won 10 more games than they had lost at that point in their existence. Each column, seperated by a vertical line, identifies a season in the SweetFA.

I'll offer an explaination of it with the first team which should, hopefully, make it easy to understand for the rest of the teams.

Order of teams to be displayed
Dingoes
Team Timmy
BigFooty Dragons
Hurricanes
Darkness Eternal
Blues Brothers
West Coast Magic
Junkyard Dogs / Pagans Ducks
Fremantle Dockers
Razors
Koalas
Titans FC / Team Kournikova
Southern Sharks
AFL All-Stars
The Mod Squad
Coney Island Warriors
Las Vegas Bears
Gold City Royals
Sin City Swamprats / Alberton Swamprats
Roys FFC
East Side Hawks / Eastside Hawks / East-Side Hawks
Dragons FFC / Southern Dragons / BigFooty Dragons
Geelong Wolves / Geelong Gumbies
Baghdad Bandits / Baghdad Bombers / BigFooty Bombers
Fighting Furies
West Coast Wonders / Seventh Wonders
Mount Buller Demons / Team Pump​

Last edited:
zQBc40U.png

With the Dingoes, they started their SweetFA existence with a loss, which put them to -1. This was also their high watermark of their teams history as they followed that first loss with a 2nd loss, before winning. This win put their graph up, however they ended the season with a string of losses, leading to their low water mark of -6 (Meaning that they had encountered 6 more losses than wins at that point in time).
They only lasted the first season, which is where their graph ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back