Sword Art Online

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This is a new Japanese anime and has already released 18 episodes.

I must say, I'm not an anime fan, but this is by far the greatest show I have watched in a while. I am not of singular opinion though, as IMDB has this rated at 9.5, the highest of any movie/show of any kind.

From wiki:
In the year 2022, the Virtual reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.

On November 6, 2022, all the players log in for the first time, and subsequently discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of SAO, that if they wish to be free, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world. The story follows Kirito, a skilled player who is determined to beat the game.

Unfortunately, the show has not yet been dubbed in English, but watching subtitles has not taken the experience away at all. I highly suggest this for anyone, because I'm not even a huge gamer myself, yet I love this story.

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/sword-art-online-episode-1-online

Enjoy, I have been so greatly inspired by this show, I honestly felt obliged to share it with you all.

Edit:: This show sucks - don't watch it unless you like the weird s**t which comes with Japanese culture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back