SYDNEY AFL...2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody knows all players in Sydney footy but, looking at the clearance list so far, SydUni, Baulko and Campbelltown seemed to have lost the most, while EasternUniBulldogs, UTS, Wests, StGeorge and Camden have cleaned up the most.
Not sure what it all means, but UTS and StGeorge look to be the big improvers this year.
Plus Camden who are in a real hot seat with all that seems to be going on in our south-west.

Balmain have lost their coach and that will be a big loss - I thought that he carried the team in last year's finals and, when he ran out of steam, there didn't seem much left of Balmain.

Nobody knows all players in Sydney footy but, looking at the clearance list so far, SydUni, Baulko and Campbelltown seemed to have lost the most, while EasternUniBulldogs, UTS, Wests, StGeorge and Camden have cleaned up the most.
Not sure what it all means, but UTS and StGeorge look to be the big improvers this year.
Plus Camden who are in a real hot seat with all that seems to be going on in our south-west.

Balmain have lost their coach and that will be a big loss - I thought that he carried the team in last year's finals and, when he ran out of steam, there didn't seem much left of Balmain.

Yep, it's hard to get a handle on what's happening, quantity doesn't necessarily mean quality.

Penrith look to have improved their depth with a few guys returning after missing last year, plus a couple of handy recruits in Josh Shephard from East Coast and Chris Lucas from Wests.

Camden would have to be early favourites for Div 2. Southern Power are probably the Hay List of Div 1, and look the goods now that the Northern Beach Black Caviar mob have been promoted. Hard to pick PD but the Dogs would have to be at the top of the market.
Div 3 looks a tight one but AFL (NSW/ACT) have recuited well under their condition of employment.
Div 4 wide open with Penrith and Gosford being out of the mix with their promotion. Maybe the Bats will hard to hold out especially come finals time, depending on their higher teams performance.
Div 5 toss a coin a few times. Probably a Uni team.

The 18's are a mystery. The Shegals top the market in D1 from possibly Riverview and the Gong whilst Manly would probably be the early pick in D2.

Clearances don't tell us a lot at this stage. The canny clubs usually hold back till the death, but are quick to contact those leaving for another Sydney club

Camden would have to be early favourites for Div 2. Southern Power are probably the Hay List of Div 1, and look the goods now that the Northern Beach Black Caviar mob have been promoted. Hard to pick PD but the Dogs would have to be at the top of the market.
Div 3 looks a tight one but AFL (NSW/ACT) have recuited well under their condition of employment.
Div 4 wide open with Penrith and Gosford being out of the mix with their promotion. Maybe the Bats will hard to hold out especially come finals time, depending on their higher teams performance.

The 18's are a mystery. The Shegals top the market in D1 from possibly Riverview and the Gong whilst Manly would probably be the early pick in D2.

Clearances don't tell us a lot at this stage. The canny clubs usually hold back till the death, but are quick to contact those leaving for another Sydney club

LOL re Div 3!

I think Manly will surprise a few, they're a very good side.

Div 1 should be a good competition without them, Parramatta and UTS will no doubt be up there as well.

Got the whisper from a house of spiritual refreshment (they charge too much for Harvey Wallbangers !!) that the Balmain coaches have both gone to greener pastures.
Source is not totally reliable - can anyone throw any light on this rumor ?

Just saw Shane Demir moving to St George. I know a lot of the boys round the club know him, think he use to play for us and his name use to come up a bit. No one else I'd heard of coming to us. I'll be back home in July, hopefully get a few games although I doubt it after a year in Europe.

Just saw Shane Demir moving to St George. I know a lot of the boys round the club know him, think he use to play for us and his name use to come up a bit. No one else I'd heard of coming to us. I'll be back home in July, hopefully get a few games although I doubt it after a year in Europe.
He used to coach you as well.

What are some good footy clubs around the Double Bay area? Might be making the move up north. Cheers.
There are a handful of clubs that wouldn't be too far away, probably the three Uni clubs, UNSW/Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Uni and UTS would be best. All have a number of teams which cater for different skill levels.

How are the Magpies shaping up this year Colesy?

Lost two of our best midfielders from last year to QLD and WA but given we had a horror run with injuries Im expecting a better year. Under 18's look like having their first season without relying on under 16's to field a team each week with about 26 training each week. Third grade is back after initially not being nominated as numbers confirmed suggest up to 50 each week could miss out but time will tell.

Obviously Camden are shaping up as the team to beat with their recruits but SU and UTS will go alright to id imagine.

Saviour Norwest asked to be dropped due to mass deployment of players from the RAAF base to assist in the removal of troops from Afgan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost two of our best midfielders from last year to QLD and WA but given we had a horror run with injuries Im expecting a better year. Under 18's look like having their first season without relying on under 16's to field a team each week with about 26 training each week. Third grade is back after initially not being nominated as numbers confirmed suggest up to 50 each week could miss out but time will tell.

Obviously Camden are shaping up as the team to beat with their recruits but SU and UTS will go alright to id imagine.

Saviour Norwest asked to be dropped due to mass deployment of players from the RAAF base to assist in the removal of troops from Afgan.

Good news mate, sounds like things are going well, especially numbers wise.

Shame about the Jets, they've proven their resilience over many years though so I'm sure they'll be back.

The Syd Hills 18s got dominated by our under 18s on the weekend in 4x15min qtrs, I think you'll be seeing the cubs in the GF again this year!

too early for predictions?

PD UNSW the flag and SYD UNI Sooks the spoon
D1 Power and North Shore
D2 SUS and Auburn
D3 Blacktown and Campbeltown
D4 The happy clappers and Pennant hills
D5 Camden and Parramatta
U18 D1 Giants and SUS
U18 D2 Manly and Randwick

too early for predictions?

PD UNSW the flag and SYD UNI Sooks the spoon
D1 Power and North Shore
D2 SUS and Auburn
D3 Blacktown and Campbeltown
D4 The happy clappers and Pennant hills
D5 Camden and Parramatta
U18 D1 Giants and SUS
U18 D2 Manly and Randwick

Do we take those predictions seriously?

Well I take it seriously because IAU2 knows enough about the form in each division to even have a dip !
You need to get out more, brother !!
Sorry JB just re read it and realised the second team was his tip for wooden spoon.
Expect parra to be up and about in D1 with Power losing a few from what I hear.
Very much doubt that Giants will go anywhere the top 5 in 18's D1.
Camden with their recuits should do very well in D2
and if the AFL dont win div 3 they should concentrate on developing the code rather than playing

Sorry JB just re read it and realised the second team was his tip for wooden spoon.
Expect parra to be up and about in D1 with Power losing a few from what I hear.
Very much doubt that Giants will go anywhere the top 5 in 18's D1.
and if the AFL dont win div 3 they should concentrate on developing the code rather than playing
I'm still impressed that you guys have enough of a "big picture" view to have a dip. Yes. I'm impressed.

Not so sure about SydUni for wooden spoon in PD - their NEAFL team is starting to sound a bit frightening, and the general coaching structure does too. So I expect that to flow on to a good year for their PD.
Not too good we hope !

Expect parra to be up and about in D1 with Power losing a few from what I hear. Very much doubt that Giants will go anywhere the top 5 in 18's D1.

:D

Not sure the Giants will be overly competitive in the 18's. They beat the Rams in a praccy match on the weekend but it was reasonably even.

Interesting to hear that the Power have lost a few. With Manly having been promoted it should be an interesting competition. Penrith shouldn't be too far away either, we've definitely improved our depth from last year.

I don't see UNSW winning again at all, they were easily a 1 man team last year, and he is now gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back