Sydney Footy- All Divisions - 2011 Season

Gungahlin Jets requires (In AFL Canberra);

Coaches; for Div 2, 3 & 4 for seasons 2012 – 13 (Option)

Players; for Div 2 – 4, U18s & Women Teams

Remuneration – negotiable on experience and qualifications

Contacts: Joe Cortese 0414 512 769 or Travis Scholfield 0408 534591

gm@gungahlinjets.com.au

Close: 30 September 2011

Gungahlin Jets requires (In AFL Canberra);

Coaches; for Div 2, 3 & 4 for seasons 2012 – 13 (Option)

Players; for Div 2 – 4, U18s & Women Teams

Remuneration – negotiable on experience and qualifications

Contacts: Joe Cortese 0414 512 769 or Travis Scholfield 0408 534591

gm@gungahlinjets.com.au

Close: 30 September 2011

How'd young Schnoodle Lewis go for you this year?

Enyaud gone from Penno, Tas gone from Campbelltown and Graham leaving North Shore. Have also heard that their may be a couple leaving the two new NEAFL sides due to the extra committment required.

Enyaud gone from Penno, Tas gone from Campbelltown and Graham leaving North Shore. Have also heard that their may be a couple leaving the two new NEAFL sides due to the extra committment required.

Eynaud having a year off from what I'm hearing.

I think he is done for good Des. Will spend more time with his sons and helping coach the juniors. Has his knockers but is one of the better prepared coaches in the comp and has been unlucky not to have a few flags in his cupboard

I think he is done for good Des. Will spend more time with his sons and helping coach the juniors. Has his knockers but is one of the better prepared coaches in the comp and has been unlucky not to have a few flags in his cupboard

It's interesting, you hear the odd bad word about the place, but the guy has never been short of a senior job at Premier Division level, so he must do something right.

Perhaps a year off might recharge the batteries and he'll be back.

From what you say that means there's at least three Premier Division jobs up for grabs, hopefully there's some new blood about the place as it seems that the same old names hop on the coaching merry-go-round every year.

Geez very slow and boring in the news department. Must be offseason.

Yep.

Notice a few clubs have appointed new coaches for next year, most keep their cards close to their chests with regard to players, never really know what's happening until clearances open in February.

Heard that Fosdike has left the Dockers and their 18's coach has been appointed up at Lake Macquarie, so not sure what's going on there.

We had our first run last week with about 45 in attendance which isn't too bad.

I understand that the possibility exists that there'll be three divisions of U/18's next year with 22 teams being nominated. Prefer two comps of 11 teams each, but we'll see.

Just found this site, I play for the Div 5 Wolves. Wolves have just started Pre-Season last week. Will Definately be no Hang-over from Div 1.

62 senior teams nominated for 2012, including new clubs the Gosford Wildcats (from BDFL) and Blacktown Magic. 22 teams nominated in U/18s.

Seems there's still a couple of clubs that have yet to name their senior coach, haven't noticed anything from UTS or Mac Uni.

Clearances open next week, hopefully that might get some discussion going!

Any clubs taking part in this 9 a side comp at Goanna Park? We could throw in the all-conquering (Read 'all conquering' as beating our other 9s team) Jets team from Blacktown 9s late last year, but we have a ticker tape parade through Windsor and Richmond on that weekend.

Seems there's still a couple of clubs that have yet to name their senior coach, haven't noticed anything from UTS or Mac Uni.

Clearances open next week, hopefully that might get some discussion going!

Saw on Mac Uni website that they have appointed eighteen (18) coaches. No mention of 1st grade coach but plenty to choose from !

Noticed in the NRL that Souths have appointed 5 captains.I Reckon the toss will be a spectacle.

hi im trying to find out where ex afl players go after they are off afl list . so im looking to know if any ex afl listed or rookie players are playing in your competition? hopefully someone can help me

There's been plenty over the years, at various levels. Mainly ex Swans.

Troy Luff (Balmain & UNSW/ES)

Daryn Cresswell (Manly & West)

Daniel McPherson (Shore)

Houlihan (Maybe Ryan?) is playing with the SHEagles this year, big coup for them.

Andrew Bomford (Shore)

Sanford Wheeler (Holroyd & Baulko) he gets a mention coz he's from my junior club.

Last year, Balmain had Nick Davis, Luffy, Saddington, Schmidt boys and were coached by Nic Fosdike, finished runner up by 10 goals. All but Luffy have now departed Drummoyne, or Henson, or wherever they play now.

Clearances are up, Mac Uni seem to have lost quite a few so far, Brett Harland to the SANFL, good luck to him, great bloke.

Seems a few have gone/are going to Magic as well so will be interesting for them.
Though they did pick up a hundred or so last year so maybe just an adjustment.
A great initiative from the AFL to form a Blacktown team IMO. Lets hope they don't stop there as the inner city and the North are in need of another 2 or 3 Clubs as well.

The sooner the Sydney Competition gets to 30 Clubs the better IMO..

Clearances are up, Mac Uni seem to have lost quite a few so far, Brett Harland to the SANFL, good luck to him, great bloke.

Can't be that good a bloke PK, clearance denied!

Good to see the AFL clamping down and making sure all of their staff go and play with Blacktown.

Not sure how Saddington got out of it!

Explains why they're in Division 3.

Hi,
I am moving to Cronulla in November, moving up from Melbourne. Looking for a team up there nearby. Just wondering any details of teams around that area and if you guys recommend any teams?

Hi,
I am moving to Cronulla in November, moving up from Melbourne. Looking for a team up there nearby. Just wondering any details of teams around that area and if you guys recommend any teams?
St George and Southern Power. If you have a history of ankle or lower leg problems, then I suggest St George. Gwawley oval will end your career early.

Back