Sydney Swans avoid Collingwood fans for Adam Goodes farewell

Has the farewell been moved because of jeering fears?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

hench

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Adam Goodes' final farewell to Sydney Swans fans will be delayed two weeks in an effort to avoid further jeering from Collingwood supporters.

Goodes, who announced his retirement after fulltime in last year's semi-final loss to North Melbourne, missed the opportunity for a lap of honour after the match.

Normally, he would wave goodbye to Swans supporters at their first home match of the season, but Sydney have opted to wait until round three when they take on GWS at the SCG to pay tribute to the club legend.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-in-adam-goodes-farewell-20160208-gmoxg7.html

The Swans were never going to do Adam's farewell at ANZ. Never.

Of course we would wait until our first SCG game in Round 3. It has nothing to do with Collingwood or their fans.

According to Tom Harley this is not the case as the Swans wanted his farewell to be at the SCG rather than ANZ.
The Swans were never going to do Adam's farewell at ANZ. Never.

Of course we would wait until our first SCG game in Round 3. It has nothing to do with Collingwood or their fans.
Clearly the case.

People love buying into the medias absolute trash bullshit when it comes to Goodes.

I hope nobody boos....

They won't. With the right promotion there will be 40,000 people at the SCG that day and at least 35,000 of them will be Swans supporters, and of the GWS supporters I think a lot of them respect Goodes quite a lot since they live in Sydney and have probably been watching Goodes play for 18 years.

They won't. With the right promotion there will be 40,000 people at the SCG that day and at least 35,000 of them will be Swans supporters, and of the GWS supporters I think a lot of them respect Goodes quite a lot since they live in Sydney and have probably been watching Goodes play for 18 years.

Toby Greene will spit at Goodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a beatup.

Its most unlike the media to try and whip up something into a frenzy, especially in regards to Goodsey. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The decision to not send off Adam Goodes in round 1 is not due to fear of jeering Pies fans, according to the Sydney Swans. Traditionally, Goodes would be given a monumental send off in round 1 at ANZ stadium. Some have speculated that the delay is due to this fear, however the Swans claim it is because they want to give him an astronomical send off at the SCG, which they claim is his home.

Personally, I do think there is an element of fear that has influenced this decision, but it has not been the deciding factor.

What do you think?

Back