Review Sydney Swans vs North Melbourne - SCG 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The rain has stopped, I live not far from the SCG. But there's a fair chance there will be some rain during the game.

Bird was in Blacktown last night so I presume he is playing in the 2s and Towers stayed with the 1s. Don't no if that's the right call , I think Bird should of come in now even more so that its raining ( Best 22 in most peoples eyes ), might be a bad call. Can see Currie going out for Nahas now that its raining. If Towers comes in the conditions will not suit like Bird.

Bird was in Blacktown last night so I presume he is playing in the 2s and Towers stayed with the 1s. Don't no if that's the right call , I think Bird should of come in now even more so that its raining ( Best 22 in most peoples eyes ), might be a bad call. Can see Currie going out for Nahas now that its raining. If Towers comes in the conditions will not suit like Bird.
Who would either of them come in for though?

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.au/venues/webcams/scg-cam/

image2.jpg

Guys,

I expect quite a few bruised players today as I expect that the Swans will go in very hard to hurt bodies & keep the ball going in our direction.

Am sure that Buddy will enjoy today as he has played mainly all of his games in the wet to date apart from last week.

Simple wet weather football, kick to space, to the advantage of your teammate & keep the ball moving fast. Kick goals whilst the ball is ok, as when it gets waterlogged, it can become a keg of soap.

Quick question.. Members parking is still on the grass outside scg or at Sydney boys high? The members letter says Sydney boys high only but the ticket says Sydney boys high and moore Park?

For anyone near the SCG what is the weather like now? I hope with this wind if there is no rain it will dry the ground pretty quickly.
It's raining at North Sydney but not at central. Not sure about Moore Park though.

It is light rain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the whole reason Bird isn't in the firsts is that he's short of match practice, so it makes sense to give him a full run in the 2s. Towers is also more suited to playing the sub role, so if he's a late inclusion we can shift whoever we're planning on being sub to a full game and give Towers the vest.

Gonna be a scrappy game. Even if we get no more rain, we have been getting heaps, and it will be heavy underfoot. Expect alot of stoppages, alot of fumbles, and a swans 5 goal win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back