News Monday Media Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide have managed...
Actually Port had high pick before and during the expansion years . They had a lot of talent come in before 2010( picks 8,9-2009, pick 6-2011, pick 7 2012) then because there method was shite(Primus) they still were bad so they got the first pick after the expansion teams. So while they have done well, they still have had top picks of late that we haven't had or at least not as many.

It's hard too keep the faith considering Port Adelaide beat the Brions by 113 points , that 12 goals more than we beat them by. I love your optimism and I sincerely hope I'm wrong but the Hawks are going to smack us by 50plus and the cats by 40plus. Our percentage will be shot and season will be over. I'm not hard on our list , I think we have the cattle and have built the depth to start the season will even with injuries the coaching staff and the players have just cooked it is all. It's how they manage the list during the season and this new VFL set up that will have me enthralled and what they'll be looking for for next year with our top 7 pick. I'm also fascinated how we are going to recruit two Ruckman to replace Big O and Hampson possibly 3 if Maric doesn't make
It back from injury. That's gonna be interesting .
Many of the draft experts has us taken Grundy over Vlaustin simply because of Maric's groin and the fact we had taken Ellis and Conca in the previous draft.

Actually Port had high pick before and during the expansion years . They had a lot of talent come in before 2010( picks 8,9-2009, pick 6-2011, pick 7 2012) then because there method was shite(Primus) they still were bad so they got the first pick after the expansion teams. So while they have done well, they still have had top picks of late that we haven't had or at least not as many.
So that's why they are so good now? Because they had a few picks a couple in front of us, Meaning we got the s**t kids? C'mon, really?

Many of the draft experts has us taken Grundy over Vlaustin simply because of Maric's groin and the fact we had taken Ellis and Conca in the previous draft.
I really like Conca and believe he still has a lot of improvement in him but Prestia , Heppell or Lynch would of been nice.

So that's why they are so good now? Because they had a few picks a couple in front of us, Meaning we got the s**t kids? C'mon, really?
I didn't say that. The statement was that PA did well during the expansion time(as opposed to us) and all I said was they got high pick picks just before and during that helped the cause. The biggest fail they had was their method, Primus, not their talent.

I really like Conca and believe he still has a lot of improvement in him but Prestia , Heppell or Lynch would of been nice.

Not entirely sold on Heppell yet and its still early days on Conca (who's had a lot of injuries compared to those draft contemporaries of his). Given the lack of quality senior midfielders (most of the midfielders ahead of him at the time of his drafting were/are still essentially kids too) we had at the time of Conca's drafting (and also lack of decent small defenders), Conca has probably had to step up faster without the same protection as the others (Heppell with senior players like Watson, Stanton in the midfield and a fairly settled backline and Prestia with a somewhat handy bloke called Ablett occupying all opposition team's midfield attention.

And besides, Prestia could very well come home to Victoria in a few years time and join Conca anyway in the yellow and black! :D

The really smart ones had us trading the then best 22 Nahas for a first round upgrade and taking Wines .

Was working so missed all these shows can anyone give some info as im sure our Tiges wouldve been hot topic....

On 360 they just said we are a shell of our former selves blah blah blah

On the couch they were asking what our game plan is? why have we lost all our bravery running through the center and playing on after a mark? or is it effort?

Just that sort of thing all night!

I probably should know better, we've all been let down so many times in the past before but I think there is some cause for optimism. I think a lot of our issues so far this season are more confidence (between the ears) and mental rather than a reflection on poor drafting/recruiting.

I actually had the thought during the Brisbane game that we look like we have a lot of 'downhill skiers' types. That isn't necessarily a bad thing in my eyes, I think every team would have guys that look better when the team is winning and very ordinary when its struggling. With so many players out of form and a less than impressive start to the season, it's easy to see why so many players didn't want to take risks by taking the game on and playing attacking footy and being more content to take the 'safe' option and chipping it around instead.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much but when we got a run on against the Lions in the third quarter, players started to seem more confident in each other and the gameplan and we started to play like we did last year.

We might not beat either Hawthorn or Geelong but I think if we can play like we did, we can at least give them a game. If we go back into our shells and make the same silly mistakes, we will get crushed!

I don't want to get ahead of myself but imagine the confidence the playing group could get if they overcome 2 quality sides like Geelong and Hawthorn. Being a tiger fan means we all have to believe the good times will come, keep the faith RT ;)

I don't believe its a mental thing at all, they are professional athletes and that is their job, howeverour new improved game plan may be confusing the players, I think , a similar comment was made about the terry Wallace days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On 360 they just said we are a shell of our former selves blah blah blah

On the couch they were asking what our game plan is? why have we lost all our bravery running through the center and playing on after a mark? or is it effort?

Just that sort of thing all night!
I thought Robbo on 360 was on the mark, just stating the obvious.
Sheehan was his usual bash Richmond at all costs, but don't pick faults in any other side that loses games just make excuses for them.

I have added one thing to my bucket list

smack Mike sheehan in the mouth, just once.
What a noob. Just couldn't help himself last night. His very first comment after being away was to slam the tigers. I think he loves any chance to bag us, in fact I think he cheers for it. He still doesn't see how good Lids is, even with our playing levels without him. The bloke has a unique debating style in that he will agree with a counter argument but still maintain he is right. I better not see him in the street.

What a noob. Just couldn't help himself last night. His very first comment after being away was to slam the tigers. I think he loves any chance to bag us, in fact I think he cheers for it. He still doesn't see how good Lids is, even with our playing levels without him. The bloke has a unique debating style in that he will agree with a counter argument but still maintain he is right. I better not see him in the street.
The fact that he was so smug and lead with the Tigers story really annoyed me. Someone mentioned a few weeks ago (on this forum) he has some long standing vendetta against us. I thought at the time that may have some truth but probably largely BS years later. .....However this latest act probably confirms this. Are we not hurting enough? And have to put up with, or expend energy in ignoring, this fool.

Vlas was finally given time in the midfield in the last half... He must play midfield .

I was unable to watch the game nut , how did Tigga go in the middle ?

I have added one thing to my bucket list

smack Mike sheehan in the mouth, just once.

Unfortunately we (RFC) give him the material he can use to distract everyone for his teams situation....Maybe we just start a thread after his show titled "the Ignore". Where we all just post the words. I choose to Ignore his "report/opinion...or "doesn't bear thinking about".

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back