Tame Impala - Currents (2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I think the album comes out on July 17th?? The first two LPs are classics man...

This new LP is supposed to be big drums, big production, a bit more pop stylee, but that's not necesarily a problem, as it's still good!

Eventually is a great song. Let it happen is good.

Hope it's a great album.

It has already leaked, I've given it a couple of listens so far. From memory 'New Person, Same Old Mistakes', 'The Less I Know the Better' and 'Reality in Motion' were my favourite non-singles tracks.

have given it 2 listens.

i think its good but it does have some filler just after halfway through but it picks up towards the end it finishes off strongly.

'let it happen' and 'eventually' remain the best tracks for me but 'the moment', 'yes I'm changing' and 'new person, same old mistakes' are very good tracks as well.

compared to their other albums i think i will like this more then lonerism but the debut album still remains the best for me, I'm expecting they will ever better it.

have given it 2 listens.

i think its good but it does have some filler just after halfway through but it picks up towards the end it finishes off strongly.

'let it happen' and 'eventually' remain the best tracks for me but 'the moment', 'yes I'm changing' and 'new person, same old mistakes' are very good tracks as well.

compared to their other albums i think i will like this more then lonerism but the debut album still remains the best for me, I'm expecting they will ever better it.
I suppose fans can blame the record label, the same one that caused their royalties issues for nobody ever hearing the innerspeaker follow up..

I found a playlist on YouTube with the leaked tracks, although they were slowed down to avoid trouble.

Sounded very good. I'm still 100% percent sure of the direction that Kevin Parker is going, but I respect him for it.

I personally like Lonerism more than Innerspeaker, I felt as though it was an almost perfect mix of keeping the instruments and rock with the electronic sounds. Pretty much a perfect combination mix of Innerspeaker and Currents.

Let it happen is their best track I reckon. First album was solid, 2nd fairly good. Parker is improving as a composer with each album. More upbeat these days. He was a bit depressing on the last album lol. He is becoming more fun, more prog(70s style of course. Real prog) although there's a couple of cheesy 80s style ones on this album.

After a few more listens I'm really enjoying this album. The only track that doesn't really do anything for me is 'Love Paranoia'. Pitchfork gave it a 9.3 by the way, higher than Lonerism and Innerspeaker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First two are classics? I think you mean the first two rip off classics. There's not an ounce of individuality or uniqueness to their sound. They sound like every big psych rock band your dad liked. They're also massive twats.

s**t band.

First two are classics? I think you mean the first two rip off classics. There's not an ounce of individuality or uniqueness to their sound. They sound like every big psych rock band your dad liked. They're also massive twats.

s**t band.

Definately not s**t lol. First 2 are good but give me a 70s band any day

I get a strong John Lennon vibe listening to Eventually. Love it

edit: Just googled 'tame impala john lennon' and heaps of stuff came up. Even John's son Sean has told Kevin he sounds like his old man. Knew I wasn't just hearing things. I guess the comparison has been there forever

Last edited:
Dude it took you this long to think of drug era Bearles?

I don't listen to the Beatles but the second I heard Lame Impala, that's all I thought of.

Who cares if it's original? We should be applauding artists making a living these days doing what they love to do.

I wouldn't say they are unoriginal.

My posts have been pretty tongue-in-cheek but they don't rip-off any bands directly, like Jet or Wolfmother, but just kind of have that general sound that resonates with people who love old school psych and prog but is also popular with a younger bush doof audience.

I feel like they only go backwards. I really liked the first LP for what is was and Lonerism kind of polarised me but it was pretty listenable.

I just can't see them putting out a classic 10 LP. They just don't really have the songwriting or the technicality to pull it off.

They have some seriously good tunes though. Alter Ego is such a banger.

Every band rips off other bands through influences anyway, who cares..it's all been done before but the songs are still good!!

The band write great songs and that's what's important.

It's not necessarily about being innovative or original. But they are still a great band.

The Strokes released Is This It, it's not original or innovative but it's still a classic modern day album because the songs are good and catchy as hell...

Lonerism is like a modern day Ok computer. Ok Computer was heavily influenced from Beatles and Floyd records.

Last edited:
I get a strong John Lennon vibe listening to Eventually. Love it

edit: Just googled 'tame impala john lennon' and heaps of stuff came up. Even John's son Sean has told Kevin he sounds like his old man. Knew I wasn't just hearing things. I guess the comparison has been there forever

Try and check out their back catalogue including the 2008 EP, you won't regret it.

Tame Impala is also technically another band called 'Pond'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back