Tapatalk - To be removed between now and the end of Trade Period 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I've found i'm still able to view Tapatalk, but obviously as I can't log in, I don't get access to my notifications or favourites.

At least being able to view is possible while we wait for this to get sorted.

I'm dying here.

bite the bullet- I'm gold and now tapatalk/bigfooty is back, its only $10 for the year which is small price to pay for something that keeps me entertained through work and boring moments waiting in between.

Chief, the most stable genius, right now =
269x185px-LL-da94db12_269x185px-LL-265787d7_free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

Not sure if it's just me, but the mobile site is borderline unusable to me. Browsing and scrolling is generally pretty quick, but posting has lags of 10 seconds or more when typing. Just makes it impossible to type anything of any length with any degree of speed and coherence.

Using a BlackBerry Q10. No jokes, please.

Not sure if it's just me, but the mobile site is borderline unusable to me. Browsing and scrolling is generally pretty quick, but posting has lags of 10 seconds or more when typing. Just makes it impossible to type anything of any length with any degree of speed and coherence.

Using a BlackBerry Q10. No jokes, please.
iPhone 5s - working fine for me. No lag at all.

Which browser are you using? I've never used a Blackberry nor do I have access to one to test.

BlackBerry Q10 and... whichever browser comes with the BB10 OS. Makes no difference if I am on 3G, 4G, wireless network, etc.

I remember it used to work fine a few months ago, but ever since TapaTalk went offline the typing lag has been terrible. Not sure if the upgrade screwed things up, or if I only noticed it at that time because I stopped using TapaTalk.

BlackBerry Q10 and... whichever browser comes with the BB10 OS. Makes no difference if I am on 3G, 4G, wireless network, etc.

I remember it used to work fine a few months ago, but ever since TapaTalk went offline the typing lag has been terrible. Not sure if the upgrade screwed things up, or if I only noticed it at that time because I stopped using TapaTalk.
Using Android and iPhone - it all works.

From our stats, Blackberry makes up a tiny fraction of 1% of user sessions so we won't be putting resources into Blackberry specifically. It may, as a result of other changes, come good at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be getting gold as soon as tapatalk is back (I want to change my name!) - I don't want to encourage paying for something that should in my opinion should not be charged for. The mobile site is painful, it will be so nice to have tapa back!

Sorry -missed this - Gold is fine.

Chief,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Tapatalk been disabled for all but Premium users, because the load was unbearable?

If all Tapatalk users become premium to get around that, doesn't it cause the same problem you were trying to avoid with the restriction?

Chief,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Tapatalk been disabled for all but Premium users, because the load was unbearable?

If all Tapatalk users become premium to get around that, doesn't it cause the same problem you were trying to avoid with the restriction?
You're a bit wrong.

There was an issue that we couldn't pin down to load as such, just more likely to happen when more people were on.

And I doubt that 2-3000 people will buy Premium memberships just to get Tapatalk.

If they did I'd just buy myself a new car to make me feel better that the site sometimes dies on a Saturday night.

I will be getting gold as soon as tapatalk is back (I want to change my name!) - I don't want to encourage paying for something that should in my opinion should not be charged for. The mobile site is painful, it will be so nice to have tapa back!
You'd pay to have your name changed but not to access the site ad-free through an app?

OK...

You'd pay to have your name changed but not to access the site ad-free through an app?

OK...
CastleR4c.jpg

Honestly, I spend a whole lot of time on this site. I don't think that it would be a bad idea to get gold simply to give something back. Having said that, I don't think that charging for tapatalk / different levels of access is healthy for the site. It's the vibe. Hopefully that clears up my previous comment.

Honestly, I spend a whole lot of time on this site. I don't think that it would be a bad idea to get gold simply to give something back. Having said that, I don't think that charging for tapatalk / different levels of access is healthy for the site. It's the vibe. Hopefully that clears up my previous comment.
It's simply a way to reduce the load for the time being.

I think that it actually makes sense to charge a nominal amount for people to use Tapatalk, given that you then get the ad-free version that works efficiently through an app.

If that had been the choice when I first joined I would likely have gone for it. It's just unfortunate that it's come to that point through issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back