Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Richmond fans are disillusioned with him and his lack of production, but I couldn’t care less to be honest. He was touted as potential top 10 pick in the 2004 AFL Draft before being snapped up by the Tigers with the 12th pick. Meyer is still only 20 years of age and if we were to target him I doubt he would cost more than a second rounder, which I would give up in a heartbeat.

He’s athletic and extremely quick, has a good spring which saw him out mark Bassett a few times when we met just over a week ago. He’s capable of booting the unthinkable up forward, but in time he should be able to play in the midfield. He’s a South Australian and there have been rumours that he is interested in coming home. Let’s take the punt; Meyer to be a Crow in 2008! :thumbsu:

Richmond fans are disillusioned with him and his lack of production, but I couldn’t care less to be honest. He was touted as potential top 10 pick in the 2004 AFL Draft before being snapped up by the Tigers with the 12th pick. Meyer is still only 20 years of age and if we were to target him I doubt he would cost more than a second rounder, which I would give up in a heartbeat.

He’s athletic and extremely quick, has a good spring which saw him out mark Bassett a few times when we met just over a week ago. He’s capable of booting the unthinkable up forward, but in time he should be able to play in the midfield. He’s a South Australian and there have been rumours that he is interested in coming home. Let’s take the punt; Meyer to be a Crow in 2008! :thumbsu:
Meyer for Meeson and you've got yourself a deal. :thumbsu:

Danny Meyer ?!?

....... but why ?
I explained why. The main query has been his desire, not his talent, and if he returns to his home state then there’s a good chance his attitude would improve. He has the talent to be an exceptional player, make no mistake about that, he just needs to be switched on.

In all honesty i dont think meyer's will bring much to the club. And for Schulz NO WAY!!!!!! He struggling to hold his place at the bottom placed team and i agree we do have good young forwards coming through anyways. U just have to b patient my friend. Frankly i'm not a real fan of this trading players game. i mean we should use it to get higher on draft day not really get players from other clubs...(there is the exception of Scotty Thompson). Look at West Coast they participate in trade week every year BUT DONT GET PLAYERS!! They only want to help themselves on draft day. Clubs mainly buy players during trade week if their a developing club and need experience in some areas....We're going from the premiership!!!

I think instead of Meyer we should juz need to give proplyzia and campbell a good go and u will all forget about meyer (not even gonna mention Schulz). And for Meesen I just want him 2to play a couple of games for us before we trade him away. I mean look at Griffo, he wasn't really tearing it up in SANFL but now we all rate him. So give Meesen a go before we make any decisions we may later regret.

Close. Meyer and your second round for Meeson and our second round seems about right.
Meesen is unproven at AFL level at this stage and I would think a straight swap player for player would be about right. We will have plenty of ruckmen to pick from this year in the draft according to early talk so Meesen is not going to cost as much as a year when there are not many kids coming through. One would think with whispers that both want to go home a trade with these 2 is as good as done. Our second round pick is likely to be around 20 while yours could be as high as 30-33. We would be losing out on that deal considering Meyer has at least played at AFL level. If picks were involved then perhaps your second for our third.

Meyers performance in the VFL for Coburg hasnt been all that bad I suppose, he's been consistant.

However, I get the impression he looks lost on the ground when playing for Richmond. I personally wouldnt give up anything more than 2nd rounder for him.

Jordan Russel on the other hand :p .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond fans are disillusioned with him and his lack of production, but I couldn’t care less to be honest.

No way. Its only a very small % of Tiger fans who think that. The better judges:D think he has alot to offer. There is no way he would be looked at for trade for at least 2 or 3 more years. He has the capabillities to be a real young gun. Tigerland is where he belongs.

If you want we will trade Kane Johnson back to you:D

Meesen is unproven at AFL level at this stage and I would think a straight swap player for player would be about right. We will have plenty of ruckmen to pick from this year in the draft according to early talk so Meesen is not going to cost as much as a year when there are not many kids coming through. One would think with whispers that both want to go home a trade with these 2 is as good as done. Our second round pick is likely to be around 20 while yours could be as high as 30-33. We would be losing out on that deal considering Meyer has at least played at AFL level. If picks were involved then perhaps your second for our third.

Ah, realistic tiger. The thing is - we don't HAVE to trade Meesen to the Tigers. He was picked before Meyer, and has been playing in a successful system - no disrespect to the Tiges, but if Meesen had been there he would have played 20 games by now. You don't trade big for small, when the big was drafted first and both are at about the same stage in their development, and THEN have to give up more.

You're not losing a pick in my suggestion, just moving a few places. It gets you the player youi want and have a strong need for - more than our need for Meyer.

No way. Its only a very small % of Tiger fans who think that. The better judges:D think he has alot to offer. There is no way he would be looked at for trade for at least 2 or 3 more years. He has the capabillities to be a real young gun. Tigerland is where he belongs.

If you want we will trade Kane Johnson back to you:D

We'd take Kane back in a heartbeat.

He'd probably be happy to be back at a club that isn't a complete joke.

Meesen is unproven at AFL level at this stage and I would think a straight swap player for player would be about right.

We would be losing out on that deal considering Meyer has at least played at AFL level. If picks were involved then perhaps your second for our third.

norwood > Richmond

come on mate. you're arguably the spoon side of the comp, simply becasue he's played some games for you doesnt mean anything.

Likewise we are, and have been, near the top of the table for a while, so earning your place in the side is much harder (expecially in meesen's case since he got injured at the exact wrong time)

Ah, realistic tiger. The thing is - we don't HAVE to trade Meesen to the Tigers. He was picked before Meyer, and has been playing in a successful system - no disrespect to the Tiges, but if Meesen had been there he would have played 20 games by now. You don't trade big for small, when the big was drafted first and both are at about the same stage in their development, and THEN have to give up more.

You're not losing a pick in my suggestion, just moving a few places. It gets you the player youi want and have a strong need for - more than our need for Meyer.
As I said there are reportedly a number of quality ruckmen coming through in this years draft we could easily snaffle 1-2 there is we can't secure 1 in trade week. Also Meesen IIRC is yet to debut so by taking a kid in the draft we are still in a similar position. Again it could come down to the rumour that both want to return home. With Meyer you get young legs to inject into a squad that needs them IMO and we get a untried ruckman that may or may not come on in the future. Either way I am not too fussed just suggesting what I would hope the Tigers would do.

abit about the bloke:

Height: 183
Weight: 70
DOB: 03/08/1986
Recruited From: Glenelg
Career Matches: 14
Career Goals: 5

352325ax.jpg

only 70kg??? geez Richard Douglas is built better than that

As I said there are reportedly a number of quality ruckmen coming through in this years draft we could easily snaffle 1-2 there is we can't secure 1 in trade week. Also Meesen IIRC is yet to debut so by taking a kid in the draft we are still in a similar position. Again it could come down to the rumour that both want to return home. With Meyer you get young legs to inject into a squad that needs them IMO and we get a untried ruckman that may or may not come on in the future. Either way I am not too fussed just suggesting what I would hope the Tigers would do.

You certainly could use your pick on a ruckman. I think the trade makes sense for both teams - I just think the Crows would want to see it being slightly more than just a straight swap.

You certainly could use your pick on a ruckman. I think the trade makes sense for both teams - I just think the Crows would want to see it being slightly more than just a straight swap.
Thats why I suggested a 2nd round Crows pick for the Tigers 3rd round, would likely see you fall about 1-5 spots in the order, rather than the Tigers dropping 12-13 spots in the draft. Again all this talk is pure speculation anyway, nothing more than bored fans suggesting trades for their teams well before mid season. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back