Taylor Adams - Tigers No Longer Interested [Adams nominates Cats and Pies - AFL]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to learn the difference between not having money and not willing to pay.

Would you be happy if we brought Adams in and he was on more money than Ellis and Conca?

359nqt.jpg

It's pretty funny because Jon O'Rourke and Dom Tyson both barracked for Richmond before being drafted. And now they're all in Hawaii together.

My understanding is that if Adams does choose us. It will be for less money.

It's pretty funny because Jon O'Rourke and Dom Tyson both barracked for Richmond before being drafted. And now they're all in Hawaii together.

My understanding is that if Adams does choose us. It will be for less money.

If hes being offered more cash somewhere else imo he will take it.

Why is Collkngwood out of the race ? Confident they will land Shuey ?
Ricky Henderson+ I've heard rumours about them going for Melbournes pick 2 which would involve some of their trade bait currently to Adams.

People need to learn the difference between not having money and not willing to pay.

Would you be happy if we brought Adams in and he was on more money than Ellis and Conca?

Mate I know the difference. We aren't willing to pay a high amount because the money isn't there for it.

I would be happy if Adams is brought in on the same coin as Conca but realistically we would need to pay a bit more than that.

What I am hearing off posters, news outlets that we are again the front runners for Adams.

Mate I know the difference. We aren't willing to pay a high amount because the money isn't there for it.

I would be happy if Adams is brought in on the same coin as Conca but realistically we would need to pay a bit more than that.

The money is there for it, the problem is that if we do go and match the other offers it puts more of a squeeze on what we can pay to retain others in the next 2-3 years. As it stands the Adams deal is looking like being for a 3 year contract. In that time we have current best 22 players Grimes Martin Ellis Grigg Cotchin S.Edwards Houli Knights Rance Maric Vickery Morris & Foley all coming out of contract. Most of them are going to warrant an increase on their current deals if their form and the side playing finals continues. That is why we're not going out and throwing heaps of cash at Adams or any other recruit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The money is there. People think our Salary cap is tight because we took a stand on Martin over 100k and we are only paying Conca 300k. We pay players what we believe they are worth. No more.

Our salary cap being tight is a myth

The money is there for it, the problem is that if we do go and match the other offers it puts more of a squeeze on what we can pay to retain others in the next 2-3 years. As it stands the Adams deal is looking like being for a 3 year contract. In that time we have current best 22 players Grimes Martin Ellis Grigg Cotchin S.Edwards Houli Knights Rance Maric Vickery Morris & Foley all coming out of contract. Most of them are going to warrant an increase on their current deals if their form and the side playing finals continues. That is why we're not going out and throwing heaps of cash at Adams or any other recruit.

Agree 100% with that but lets hope its a strength, let me explain.

We have put heaps of time into Adams, close onto 2 years. As the offers started going up, ours has remained consistent with just a slight increase. The reason for that was we have tried to sell to Adams the vision of the RFC in the next 5 years. We have explained to him that he would be a integral part of that vision, and sometimes, team success is more important then just the cash. We, from what I have heard used Geelongs own argument against them. Asking Taylor if the bartels and selwoods would now have been more happier with more cash or keeping the strong core together and getting those flags.

Come Monday we will know how well we sold it. My mail has stayed consistent from the start, and I have yet to hear that we are out of the race. We will know Monday.

Our Major stumbling block is GWS. We don't have a "better" deal to offer them then say Collingwood, Melbourne or Geelong. Lets just hope his desire to play for us is real enough that he can tell GWS to go eat a tomato sandwich.

[ In that time we have current best 22 players Grimes Martin Ellis Grigg Cotchin S.Edwards Houli Knights Rance Maric Vickery Morris & Foley all coming out of contract. Most of them are going to warrant an increase on their current deals if their form and the side playing finals continues. That is why we're not going out and throwing heaps of cash at Adams or any other recruit.[/quote]

Yeah but over that time that list will be trimmed and players are going to get better and worse and some players like Conca or any player maybe decide he wants to go home or has a change of heart,
which would give is cap room again. And also if we did throw money at presumed up and coming stars then we see who was better out of Conca and Adams for example and let them go accordingly... So then we still improving our list, can't it work like that?

That's not true at all. We can't blow the payment structure on an outsider that we wouldn't blow on an insider. Players would be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back