::Team V Geelong::

Remove this Banner Ad

noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2002
allyourbasearebelongtous
AFL Club
West Coast
the full team insn't in yet but fletcher, milli, glass, banners and glass have all made the trip east. gardiner did not though.

Gardiner’s knee has not improved enough for him to play this weekend, but fellow injury concern Chad Fletcher (back) has made the trip, as did last week’s absentees Ashley McIntosh (quad), Darren Glass (ill), Ashley Sampi (dropped) and Drew Banfield (groin). full story

Originally posted by noodle
the full team insn't in yet but fletcher, milli, glass, banners and glass have all made the trip east. gardiner did not though.

Gardiner’s knee has not improved enough for him to play this weekend, but fellow injury concern Chad Fletcher (back) has made the trip, as did last week’s absentees Ashley McIntosh (quad), Darren Glass (ill), Ashley Sampi (dropped) and Drew Banfield (groin). full story

Oh well, maybe he'll come back next week
Anyway, no big deal, we still are getting most of the team back. Looks preety positive doesnt it?

Did anyone read today's West.

John McGrath said that the eagle's were training with an intensity not seen for a number of weeks and looked as focused as they have done for some time.

I'll try and link the article here.

Good signs for Saturday :D

BTW , is the team heading over earlier than usual for this game?

Seems as though thursday lunchtime is an early flight. Something to do with the trip to Geelong maybe?

Originally posted by llosis
BTW , is the team heading over earlier than usual for this game?

Seems as though thursday lunchtime is an early flight. Something to do with the trip to Geelong maybe?

Yeah they mentioned on the Eagles site iirc that their heading east earlier. I think thats a good idea, give them time to get used to the time difference and all.

So we have an idea of the ins

Chad Fletcher
Ashley McIntosh
Darren Glass
Ashley Sampi
and Drew Banfield

so who is out?

Selwood
Collica
who else

Originally posted by West Coast Stre
So we have an idea of the ins

Chad Fletcher
Ashley McIntosh
Darren Glass
Ashley Sampi
and Drew Banfield

so who is out?

Selwood
Collica
who else

Maybe Sierakowski or Chambers? I know both guys played well and all but considering the lack of football theyve played this season would they beable to perform again this weekend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by ozzult
Brad Pitt from Fight Club.

you know it. :D

as for the team I never want to see Wilson in an eagles jumper again. probably i bit harsh but **** him.

asuming that those 5 get in i'd go for the following changes

Chad Fletcher - Chambers
Ashley McIntosh - Wilson
Darren Glass - Selwood
Ashley Sampi - Munro
Drew Banfield - Collica

Chambers would be very unlucky to get dropped though. he deserves another chance to prove himself.

Originally posted by Sera
I can't believe they dropped McDougall. He flew with the team though so he may still play...

They dropped Mcdougal? How could they do that? I would have thought his form lately has been still reasonably good.
Ohwell, as they say, in woosha we trust.

WEST COAST
B: Read, McIntosh, Collica
HB: Hunter, Jakovich, Braun
C: Wirrpunda, Cousins, Judd
HF: Jones, Sierakowski, Chick
F: Matera, Haynes, Sampi
FOLL: Cox, Fletcher, Kerr
I/C: Banfield, Staker, Chambers, Glass
EMG: Selwood, McDougall, Humm
IN: McIntosh, Fletcher, Banfield, Sampi, Glass
OUT: McDougall, Selwood, Green, Munro, Wilson

WEST COAST
B: Read, McIntosh, Collica
HB: Hunter, Jakovich, Braun
C: Wirrpunda, Cousins, Judd
HF: Jones, Sierakowski, Chick
F: Matera, Haynes, Sampi
FOLL: Cox, Fletcher, Kerr
I/C: Banfield, Staker, Chambers, Glass
EMG: Selwood, McDougall, Humm
IN: McIntosh, Fletcher, Banfield, Sampi, Glass
OUT: McDougall, Selwood, Green, Munro, Wilson

Its Great to see Milli, Fletch, Banners and Sampi back in. Especially Fletch. Gee we look a better side with those guys in dont we?
Apart from Mcdougal being dropped Im preety happy with that team. Looks very competitive. Im confident that we can win this with this team!
Why would Woosha and the commitee drop Mcdougal?

Originally posted by carlyp
Why would Woosha and the commitee drop Mcdougal?

He did struggle last week but he wasn't fully fit IRC. He was great against St Kilda. Maybe he is just tiring after a heavy workload at CHF but there are others I would have dropped first...

Disapointed to see McDougall and Green getting omitted, but "In Woosha We Trust", so I'll let it slide.

Hopefully midfield will get back on track with Fletch returning and the defense will only get better with Milli and Glass coming back.

Despite his dropping last week, we are a better team with Ashley Sampi playing.

He did struggle last week but he wasn't fully fit IRC. He was great against St Kilda. Maybe he is just tiring after a heavy workload at CHF but there are others I would have dropped first...

Well I spose. He's my age preety much and I know that I get tired with all my uni and rowing commitments. I cant begin to understand how someone of my age would cope with being in a senior AFL side
Naturally he would get buggered. A week off MAY freshen him up.
Agreed with BJJ- were much better with Samps in the team!

Originally posted by Black JuJu
Despite his dropping last week, we are a better team with Ashley Sampi playing.

Agreed. I remember this game last year, Sampi made his debut and kicked a goal with his first kick. He didn't do much else that day but hopefully he can turn it on...

I ,too, am disappointed that McDougall got dropped. He was a bit down last week but as someone else mentioned was very good against the Saints.

I worry a little about our lack of a marking forward close to goal. I hope we dont see the usual bomobing of the ball to a contest with Phil trying to outmark a Cat about twice his size!!!

Lets hope with Fletch back and Wirra named on the wing, we get lots of ball around the middle.

Go you mighty EAGLES!!:D :D

We all love McDoogs! But he did have a poor outing last week and may be carrying a groin.

In a strange way it's good to see Green go and Collica stay. Collica deserves the spot if you compare him and Green over the period since he's been back.

Kasey's a good player and will be back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back