Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a workshop thread on a discussion forum. What's the point of the thread if we're not discussing what people post? If you don't want to know what people think of what you've posted, why are you posting it?

Nobody got in trouble.
To show everyone what template I'm using.

This is a workshop thread, not a discussion thread. It's for people to post their work, not to have others discuss the positives and negatives of it.

It's not a new template, it's an already existent template, used in a different program.

Did that, got in trouble for it.

I don't understand what you're getting at.

You posted your template with a design but you don't want feedback?

Sorry, but I gotta go against you on this, THB. The thread title is "Template Feedback Thread", i.e. post a template, get constructive criticism, improve your template, etc.

You can show everyone what template you're using in a proper workshop/competition thread :thumbsu:

I don't understand what you're getting at.

You posted your template with a design but you don't want feedback?
I just wanted to point out what I wanted to see the Hawks wear as a home guernsey.

I had a 'discussion' with NM_Mitchell about it and just wanted to put it in picture form.

Sorry, but I gotta go against you on this, THB. The thread title is "Template Feedback Thread", i.e. post a template, get constructive criticism, improve your template, etc.

You can show everyone what template you're using in a proper workshop/competition thread :thumbsu:
This isn't the thread I posted it in.

This isn't the thread I posted it in.
Ah, I guess that makes a bit more sense, then.

Still, I'll stand by this. Any feedback you've been given should be seen in a positive light. People want to help. :)

In fairness, he did post it in the 2016 jumper ideas thread.

Which is still a discussion thread on a discussion board.

In fairness, he did post it in the 2016 jumper ideas thread.

Which is still a discussion thread on a discussion board.
About 2016 jumper ideas, not template ideas.

Can you see where I'm coming from now?

You made a direct reference to how you were just testing a new template, and a vague reference to how you thought Hawthorn should use it as a home jumper. What part do you think people were going to notice?
The giant picture hopefully.

I could, if you hadn't specifically mentioned your new template in your post.
I could've said that I'm a giant purple flying frog, but that's not the point of the post. If I had've posted it in this thread, I would've expected feedback on the template, but when I post a fully coloured guernsey in a guernsey idea's thread, I'm expecting people to look at the guernsey and not the template.

The giant picture hopefully.
...posted after you reference the template and say Hawks Away, rather than explicitly saying 'this is the jumper I'd like to see Hawthorn in at home games. What do you think?'

If you don't see how the way you worded the post and what you actually said in your post is the reason why El_Scorcho then replied with advice on your template, then I don't know what to say. That's on you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QR1lvwd.png
I take it that the blue stripe is similar to the one on Adidas's 2015 collar? I reckon you should also have the stripe on the top of the back of the collar.

As it is now, if a player was wearing it there'd be a little dash of blue on either side of the neck but continuation onto the back. Obviously up to you whether to include it or not but I reckon it's the one way you could improve it.

Here's the back of Essendon's jumper to show what I'm talking about:
366019.jpg

Other than that, solid template that is unfortunately lacking in socks.

I take it that the blue stripe is similar to the one on Adidas's 2015 collar? I reckon you should also have the stripe on the top of the back of the collar.

As it is now, if a player was wearing it there'd be a little dash of blue on either side of the neck but continuation onto the back. Obviously up to you whether to include it or not but I reckon it's the one way you could improve it.

Here's the back of Essendon's jumper to show what I'm talking about:
366019.jpg

Other than that, solid template that is unfortunately lacking in socks.
yeah, it is from the Adidas collar, and the back stripe has been shitting me for a while, but it's something i'll get to soon.
as seen in mero's
Essendon-2015.gif
i'll need to play around with the colours a bit anyway to be correct.

it's not that i don't like the socks or think they should be there, it's just that i was trying to decide on whether i should leave space for a logo instead. i've decided i'll make some, but i'm a little busy with school ATM to make them.

I already posted this in the 2016 Jumper Ideas thread, but I wouldn't mind some feedback on my template and presentation. I personally feel that the presentation is a little disjointed featuring an 80s vibe while also being heavily inspired by material design. I would like to make an animated way to present my jumpers using material design and its animations, but I still need to work out how I want to do all that. Also, I don't think I'll skew teams' logos again, doesn't look as good as I expected.
pZFoqmg.png

...posted after you reference the template and say Hawks Away, rather than explicitly saying 'this is the jumper I'd like to see Hawthorn in at home games. What do you think?'

If you don't see how the way you worded the post and what you actually said in your post is the reason why El_Scorcho then replied with advice on your template, then I don't know what to say. That's on you.

I said "Not exactly anything new but just testing a new template. Hawks away (although I'd love to see it as the home)"

I was testing a new template, I didn't say a drew a new template, I didn't say I wanted feedback on a new template, I didn't post it in the "template discussion feedback thread", I posted a guernsey and I don't exactly care what other people think. I posted it because I wanted to show people the hawks away guernsey that I wanted the hawks to wear as a home guernsey.

I see the way it was worded, but it was in a jumpers thread, not a templates thread, so it shouldn't matter how it's worded.

"It shouldn't matter how I word my posts, people should just know what i'm posting about" - The Half Back, 2015

I already posted this in the 2016 Jumper Ideas thread, but I wouldn't mind some feedback on my template and presentation. I personally feel that the presentation is a little disjointed featuring an 80s vibe while also being heavily inspired by material design. I would like to make an animated way to present my jumpers using material design and its animations, but I still need to work out how I want to do all that. Also, I don't think I'll skew teams' logos again, doesn't look as good as I expected.
pZFoqmg.png
I love that Maxwell logo and the setup

"It shouldn't matter how I word my posts, people should just know what i'm posting about" - The Half Back, 2015
Hmm, I've used the search function on bigfooty and this has only popped up once and it wasn't me that posted it. You're quote is very misleading.

However, if someone, such as The Half Back, posts in a thread about 2016 jumper ideas, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out what the post is about.

Hmm, I've used the search function on bigfooty and this has only popped up once and it wasn't me that posted it. You're quote is very misleading.

However, if someone, such as The Half Back, posts in a thread about 2016 jumper ideas, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out what the post is about.
now my signature, thanks

pZFoqmg.png
If you have PS Extended Edition then motion is pretty easy, but having it in a format appropriate to a forum is another thing. Video form may be too big, gif will see a lot of the quality lost... it's a bit hard. I've also considered this but never had a shot myself.

Totally love that MAXWELL logo but you know I do

It shouldn't take a rocket surgeon, but given that everyone in the thread reacted the same way, and no one bar Akkaps (who will take literally any opportunity he can to pot Dylan) has supported your point of view in anyway way, i'd say you typed it wrong and then lost your s**t when you got something other than what you were after.

now my signature, thanks
As long as you find the original post I'm cool with it.

It shouldn't take a rocket surgeon, but given that everyone in the thread reacted the same way, and no one bar Akkaps (who will take literally any opportunity he can to pot Dylan) has supported your point of view in anyway way, i'd say you typed it wrong and then lost your s**t when you got something other than what you were after.
That's because, like I said earlier, everyone on here thinks the same way. You all think that this board is one big competition and you think that you're better than other people and therefor have the right to tell them what they can/should and can't/shouldn't do.

If you have PS Extended Edition then motion is pretty easy, but having it in a format appropriate to a forum is another thing. Video form may be too big, gif will see a lot of the quality lost... it's a bit hard. I've also considered this but never had a shot myself.

Totally love that MAXWELL logo but you know I do
I was considering using gfycat or gifv, it's a smaller file than an equivalent gif while keeping quality. Plus, people can slow it down or speed it up if they want. But it does have some odd forum compatibility at the moment.

I've been playing around with neon effects for my Can-Am entry and I was really digging everything I saw, I had to make a neon logo for myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back