News Meta – Thread Formats for this year

What discussion style do you want for this year’s men’s AFL season?

• Weekly discussions, close the megathread

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Weekly discussions, keep open the megathread

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • No weekly discussions, confine all chat to the

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry for asking this so late in the piece but I thought it best to gauge the opinions of the board given we’ve had a suggestion or two for an alternate “style” this year.

I am personally happy to keep it status quo but would entertain option 2. I think option 3 is a bit odd (what becomes the point of the board then?) but I have provided it just in case.

I’ve gone option 2, I don’t think many individual new jumpers are going to come up that are hugely newsworthy, and in instances like the prison bars, or back to when West Coast wore the wings we already had threads discussing bringing back those jumpers. Weekly threads serve their purpose that’s completely separate from new jumpers but I reckon the one off jumper threads that are made during the season probably clutter the board up just a tad. Neither option is bad but I reckon keeping the mega thread open is just that little bit better.

I'm happy for it to stay the way it is, if the majority agree. I just find it would be easier to use the new jumper thread as a hotspot for new jumpers and uniform changes instead of having to find/make a new thread every time something happens. Not to mention it would cancel out the need to clutter FJGD with 2 or 3 page long threads. That's just my two cents and I feel it would be easier and more efficient for all of us. Once again, If the majority believe it should stay the same way, then that's cool with me

I've gone option 2 because a lot of people like having weekly discussions and we don't have to deprive people of that but as Fizzler said, there's not really enough changes in the year.

Suggestion- chucking up all threads now (I know it will be a bit of a mess now) but as soon as jumpers for future rounds pop up (ie indigenous round, Anzac round, heritage jumpers), that news is posted in the relavant thread so it there for use when the round comes up. So the Prison Bar jumper would go into the Round 4 thread now, rather than later.
At the moment, we’re scrolling through the main thread trying to figure when each one of jumper is mention to be worn

Suggestion- chucking up all threads now (I know it will be a bit of a mess now) but as soon as jumpers for future rounds pop up (ie indigenous round, Anzac round, heritage jumpers), that news is posted in the relavant thread so it there for use when the round comes up. So the Prison Bar jumper would go into the Round 4 thread now, rather than later.
At the moment, we’re scrolling through the main thread trying to figure when each one of jumper is mention to be worn
On this, would it be possible to add tags to these sort of threads? IE: where it says discussion, comp etc in the coloured boxes, we could make it ‘Round 4’ then whatever jumper title you want for it. Would make it easy to collate in the future to new threads about said round.

Does that make sense?

We have done this in the past for themed rounds so I'm happy to do that again soon.

On this, would it be possible to add tags to these sort of threads? IE: where it says discussion, comp etc in the coloured boxes, we could make it ‘Round 4’ then whatever jumper title you want for it. Would make it easy to collate in the future to new threads about said round.

Does that make sense?

This would be a bit more difficult; there are only so many prefixes that can be added I believe.

We have done this in the past for themed rounds so I'm happy to do that again soon.

This would be a bit more difficult; there are only so many prefixes that can be added I believe.
Or we could just mandate that [Round X] be in the thread title, but that’s hard to police.

Does that make sense?
We could go back through all the announcements of the "New Jumpers" thread and put Round # and match up on anything significant.
We used to have the OP reserved (even a google spreadsheet at one stage) for any new jumpers, that would have been a good resource for this.

And anything that is not relevant to the current round goes in the "New Jumpers" thread and threadmarked accordingly.

Back