inureface

Team Captain
May 11, 2008
clayton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
net ball
my prayers go out to the skye football club player who i believe had a heart attack today and is in a bad way good luck mate.

A SKYE footballer is fighting for his life in hospital after suffering a heart attack and losing consciousness during a match today.

The man, believed to be in his late 30s, was resuscitated on the field and transferred by ambulance to the Monash Medical Centre for treatment.

Southern Football League president Wayne Holdsworth confirmed the incident occurred in a reserves practice match at Dingley’s Souter Oval.

Dingley Football Club successfully applied for a grant to receive a defibrillator but it had not arrived.

"It was the view of the Dingley Football Club and the Southern Football League that defibrillators are critical to have at our grounds," Holdsworth said.

"Unfortunately they successfully applied for a grant but hadn’t received it. We can’t be waiting four weeks for one to arrive.

"Who knows if it would’ve made a difference… if it could have it’s not good enough. The community needs these available.”

Mr Holdsworth said the footballer was in his late 30s, had played two years of football and experienced a heart attack on the ground.

"The ambulance came pretty quickly and put him in an induced coma and he’s in the hospital now,’’ he said.

"There’s club officials in the hospital with him."

The man underwent surgery today and sources at the hospital say he will require more surgery in the next 24 hours, which will be critical to his survival.

An ambulance spokesman said the man was transferred to hospital in a "serious but stable condition" after suffering a possible cardiac arrest.

Ambulances were called to the Marcus Rd oval at about 10.30am.

Hey everyone im a good mate of the bloke who had a heart attack today at dingley he is still in a bad way but would like to thank all the Skye and Dingley trainers who did a great job till the ambulance arrived thoughts are with him and his family

Hey everyone im a good mate of the bloke who had a heart attack today at dingley he is still in a bad way but would like to thank all the Skye and Dingley trainers who did a great job till the ambulance arrived thoughts are with him and his family

You read about these things from time to time but when it happens in your own back yard it is shocking.
Thank god he hadnt left the ground because there were many trainers from both clubs that could assist. He was heading to hospital when he collapsed. In future, players that feel ill should be kept under observation and an ambulance called if there is even a hint that something serious could be wrong.
I hope that he makes a full recovery and i know that our clubs best wishes are with him.

You read about these things from time to time but when it happens in your own back yard it is shocking.
Thank god he hadnt left the ground because there were many trainers from both clubs that could assist. He was heading to hospital when he collapsed. In future, players that feel ill should be kept under observation and an ambulance called if there is even a hint that something serious could be wrong.
I hope that he makes a full recovery and i know that our clubs best wishes are with him.
Terrible news. One hopes that he's OK in the longer term, thoughts are with the club and family:mad:

All the best to the player. It sounds as though the trainers did an amazing job while waiting for the Ambulance to arrive. This brings me to my question for any players that are on this forum. Do you have complete faith in your medical team? Do all teams have fully qualified trainers/doctors available game days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back