Autopsy Thankgod for our kicking boots Swans by 11 to keep season alive!

Remove this Banner Ad

Am still ticked off that Wicks goal wasn't given.

I'm still pissed off malceski was called for deliberate v carlton in 2014 round 17 I think it was

Dont care if we change it

but title makes us seem lucky

I thought we led most of the game and were the better side

Eh I thought they looked noticeably better in general play. We always seemed to be on the back foot and a step behind, but our accuracy in the first half killed them.

imagerender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

isn't that just a streak of mud over a bit of line marking? like he's skidded across a boundary line ...

Maybe 😂 but he was hobbling so I looked at the video, thought a corky, but maybe you are right

I don't get it
earlier in the week GWS twitter referred to South Melbourne
so the above was our reply after winning the game, also note the GWS logo refers to Canberra Giants :)

I thought the Clarke/Wicks combo worked well.
Clarke kept Whitfield to 2 R50s (his season ave is 5.6), 19 fairly tame disposals (season ave 26) and 1 mark (ave 6).
Wicks was up and about, applying pressure, but also contributing in an attacking sense and played with a sense of freedom that maybe he wouldn't have had if Clarke wasn't in the team.
Hayward picking up GWS' loose man/interceptor also worked well.

Even with that nominally defensive structure at no time did I think we lacked potency I50.
And it was also noticeable that it allowed Papley to push up the ground and play a more hybrid mid/fwd role.

Depends on a player availability squeeze (eg McInerney/Rampe) and having an opposition rebounder that we want to lock down on and on admittedly a sample size of 1, I think it's something that we can at least consider for future games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back