RLWC '22 The 2013 RL World Cup thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you guys see England 's demolition of Ireland? :)

OK, Ireland were pretty poor, but we showed some improvement. Is Chase and Widdop our best halves combo? I wasn't impressed with Sinfield. Also, if he didn't play,we'd have the option to bring Rob Burrow on at 9 for a spell. With having to accommodate Sinfield, Chase, Roby and Widdop, he isn't getting a look-in at the moment. There's McIlorum of Wigan that they may want to give a game to at hooker too. He's a good player, but, like Hock, I have real doubts about his discipline.

Speaking of Hock, I am pleased (and not surprised) that his replacement, the rookie Ferres, has taken to international footie like a duck to water. As I said before, he has had a fine season, and I think he was Superleague's top forward try-scorer.

We have three wingers in fine form, our centres have been much better than many predicted (although I've always liked Cudjoe and Watkins), and Sean O'Loughlin's return was very welcome. With him and Big Sam ready to go, we have an embarrassment of riches in the pack.

We need to match Australia's showing against Fiji to give us a boost heading into the quarters.

Sorry about the rain, BTW. :)

At least it hasn't been that cold (for the time of year), and the pitches have generally been good. Apart from the RU Millenium Stadium, that is. I was quite close to the touchline at Bristol, and was impressed by the quality of the pitch. Also, crowds have been very good (and rightly so, with the entertainment on view).

Boyd 2
Jennings 1
Inglis 0

Jennings could score the coup after not playing the first game.

Jennings will only be used in the games where players will be rested.

Re the swinging arm debate.

I didnt see the tackle, but generally speaking if its two forwards running straight into eachother and one just tries to take the others head off with to much testosterone going on that is bad should get heaps by the judiciary.

But if someone just gets stepped and leaves their arm out to stop the bloke and ends up coat hangering him I dont think it is as bad.

My point is it all depends on the situation.

Re the swinging arm debate.

I didnt see the tackle, but generally speaking if its two forwards running straight into eachother and one just tries to take the others head off with to much testosterone going on that is bad should get heaps by the judiciary.

But if someone just gets stepped and leaves their arm out to stop the bloke and ends up coat hangering him I dont think it is as bad.

My point is it all depends on the situation.

I agree Papbear, the situation and intent need to be considered, that's why I'm happy for some to be a penalty and play on, but Burgess and Gallen both should have got weeks

Tried to link a youtube vid, but I couldn't do it sorry

Didn't see all the game, but they looked awesome in the first half against PNG.

Power,speed, and skill.

Terrific second half from England, with Sam Burgess and Ryan Hall both scoring tries they had no right to.

What do think of what you've seen of your new Warrior, AuckMel? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quarter finalists just about set in stone.

One thing I hope we do at the next WC is, add two more teams and have 4 pools with 4 teams in each with the top 2 qualifying for the QF's.

Agreed. I'd also like to see all the strong nations in different groups along with the top two only progressing.

I don't like the idea that one team can just win one group game to progress while another has to win all their games.

Agreed. I'd also like to see all the strong nations in different groups along with the top two only progressing.

I don't like the idea that one team can just win one group game to progress while another has to win all their games.

Yep. :thumbsu:

Question then is, who is the fourth strongest team? On current form, it's not France. Samoa? Tonga?
USA? I guess the answer is, we need more international games between now and the next World Cup to find out.

Billy Slater got arrested for being involved in a scuffle in Manchester.
http://www.sportsfan.com.au/slater-...-incident/tabid/91/newsid/115826/default.aspx
"After reviewing CCTV footage of a scuffle outside a Manchester nightclub, police have determined that Slater was the victim who then acted in self-defence and has informed him of his right to press charges.
"Billy was returning to the venue to collect his jacket that he left behind, when he was (allegedly) attacked.
"Both men were detained for several hours while police reviewed footage of the incident."

thanks for the clip, having a look at it burgess just ran in and took his head off.
At the time of the contact thaiday wasnt falling nor was he changing direction. Wasnt the worst hit in the world and made to look worse by thaidays feminine haircut but it still was pretty poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back