Opinion The 80/20 rule

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, me too. Especially when it's two top notch sides, the team that wins is the one who's lesser players stand up the best.
I remember in juniors footy most games the team with the top end talent would win. But when it came to 1v2 or the grand final, if you look at each teams worst 5 players you could nearly pick the result every time

pareto principle = 80% of the wealth is owned by 20% of the people...... i have two problems with that. first is that the lazy pieces of crap who own all the money have it because of the work of the 80%. The other problem is that 80% of the wealth is owned by about 2% of the population. I feel mildly annoyed by this thread...

pareto principle = 80% of the wealth is owned by 20% of the people...... i have two problems with that. first is that the lazy pieces of crap who own all the money have it because of the work of the 80%. The other problem is that 80% of the wealth is owned by about 2% of the population. I feel mildly annoyed by this thread...

Read the OP.

It is not about wealth and never was in this thread.

Also you have misquoted the principle - it applies to many disciplines but states (as quoted in the OP) roughly 80% of effects come from 20% of causes.

As far as I am aware you are not required to read or post on every thread. So if this one mildly annoys you, feel free to misread, misquote and discredit some other thread.

Read the OP.

It is not about wealth and never was in this thread.

Also you have misquoted the principle - it applies to many disciplines but states (as quoted in the OP) roughly 80% of effects come from 20% of causes.

As far as I am aware you are not required to read or post on every thread. So if this one mildly annoys you, feel free to misread, misquote and discredit some other thread.

It was originally about wealth. But let's deal with it in a football sense. It glorifies the star player. But in reality, it's the 1 per centers that separates the good teams from the mediocre. Hawthorn might be running at 100% and we might be at 99% per cent. It's irrelevant that the star players are generating the first 80%. It's the last few per cent that is the hardest to achieve. It's the thing that separates winners from losers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back