Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

If they could just get rid of Healy it wouldn't be so bad. He just never shuts up and they seem to have him in the box more than anyone else.

I actually don't mind Mark Taylor. He can be prone to pointing out the obvious at times but at the very least he tries to offer some kind of insight into the game, which is more than can be said for morons like Slater and Healy.

If they could just get rid of Healy it wouldn't be so bad. He just never shuts up and they seem to have him in the box more than anyone else.

I actually don't mind Mark Taylor. He can be prone to pointing out the obvious at times but at the very least he tries to offer some kind of insight into the game, which is more than can be said for morons like Slater and Healy.

Agree with all of this, Healy was even talking during balls last night. And Tubs is the best imo, he actually seems to know what's going on. His delivery isn't the best but he does at least try to add something to the coverage that isn't about him.

(I'm overseas) I quite like the Sky Sports team. They're obviously biased in favour of England (especially Nasser) but Ponting and Holding even it up a bit. They don't talk for the sake of talking, nor do they go off on huge tangents. There's a bit of comedy but not excessive.

They are light years ahead of Channel 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have any affection for any of them, although Taylor has a clue when being serious and so does Nicholas when not camp commentator. But Ian Healy is the biggest flog I have ever heard commentate any sport. He should be fired from a cannon into the heart of the sun.

The radio is actually a split second in-front of the TV, so for those with GEM on Foxtel you can put a 1 second pause on the tv to match up the ABC/BBC feed with the video
The radio's in front of the TV so pausing the TV would make the delay worse.

I like how sky sets up.
Two commentators calling the play-by-play with another '3rd man' sitting quietly on the side and chips in every other over with some analysis.

Q: How does the Nine Network intend to telecast the Lord's Test beginning July 16?

The first, fourth and fifth days will be shown in high-definition on GEM and the third day will be seen in standard-definition on Nine in all markets.

If you're in Victoria, South Australia or Western Australia, the second day will be screened on Nine.

If you're in Queensland or New South Wales, the second day will be screened on GEM.

jesus christ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back