Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone care?
1WiankD.gif

boycott is the best by a country mile.
he is not trying to suck up to sky for a fat contract, or scared of upsetting certain players because they are his mate's.
in fact boycott has no mate's.
that's why he is the best commentator for me, he just tell's it like it is, non of the usual bull you get with the others.

Op suggests tom moody to be given an extended run. Tom moody would be facing off with Danny Morrison as the worst commentator in world cricket.

Strangely, I'm finding myself not absolutely hating Andrew Symonds on commentary.....might just be me though
Only problem is that his voice is too deep/loud you can hear him when he isn't commentating

It's amazing how quickly ODI cricket has fallen from grace. Used to be more popular than Test cricket, but with the introduction of T20, the fairweather fans moved on to that, the traditionalists still love Test cricket, making ODIs the least popular and the games they try to squeeze in to schedules now.

It's amazing how quickly ODI cricket has fallen from grace. Used to be more popular than Test cricket, but with the introduction of T20, the fairweather fans moved on to that, the traditionalists still love Test cricket, making ODIs the least popular and the games they try to squeeze in to schedules now.
It's so rare that anybody picks their best team. Outside the World Cup, I'm not surprised nobody is really interested any more.

Any one day series tacked on the end of an Ashes is hardly likely to set the world alight. Stupid scheduling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because he gets paid a large sum of money to do so.

Can't imagine Sky would be too happy about that comment though.

Regardless of the truth of it they wouldn't want the commentators to be talking down what they're broadcasting

Can't imagine Sky would be too happy about that comment though.

Regardless of the truth of it they wouldn't want the commentators to be talking down what they're broadcasting
Swann commentates for bbc doesnt he? I dont actually know ive just never heard him on sky.

Speaking of the bbc i was listening to the commentary in bed last night around 1 45 and i could have swore the commentator said "Stokes has hit the campaigner off that ball". I was half asleep so may have misheard. Please tell me someone else heard it and im not making s**t up

Would pay money for audio/vision of this exchange...

Commentating for Channel Nine are Ian Healy and Richie Benaud, new and old shoes. Healy suggests a plan to counter the early start the channel has insisted on. He believes there should be a compulsory declaration made by the batting team after at least ten overs, so neither team gets the best - or worst - of the early conditions. In this case, South Australia would bat for ten overs and declare. Then NSW would bat for as many and declare when they want. After a pause he turns to Benaud.

"What do you think, Rich?"

"No."

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/920605/wild-thing

By the way make sure you read the article, seriously awesome writing on Shaun Tait and the story of the 2005/06 ING Cup Final.

Bumble is great with all commentars, except if he gets with 2 or 3 of the other commentators, it becomes a whinge fest
There was a BBC Podcast that featured Bumble recently which was great listening to - amongst the pearls was a nugget of gold were he compared working with Sky v Ch9 - sky let them be themselves - Ch9 insist they talk non stop

Remove this Banner Ad

Back