Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that we can't boo players anymore. I just think IN THIS INSTANCE people need to use common sense and consider someone's wellbeing.

17 weeks straight with some pretty intense hatrid. Something like this is unlikely to ever happen again. So it's not like other players will stop getting booed.

Is everyone so obsessed with proving their right to free speech that they are willing to overlook the mental and emotional wellbeing of a human being, his family and his friends?

Does is really mean THAT much to you? Really?
If Goodes announces he is suffering from depression that would halt the boos quicker than anything else possibly could.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that we can't boo players anymore. I just think IN THIS INSTANCE people need to use common sense and consider someone's wellbeing.

17 weeks straight with some pretty intense hatrid. Something like this is unlikely to ever happen again. So it's not like other players will stop getting booed.

Is everyone so obsessed with proving their right to free speech that they are willing to overlook the mental and emotional wellbeing of a human being, his family and his friends?

Does is really mean THAT much to you? Really?

YES

I'll cheer who I want to cheer for and boo the players I want to boo. The fact that Gilligan, Robbo and Caro have got on their high horse about it will only amplify the boos.

Well I just watched the opening of 360 and Gerard sounded like a head mistress, telling all fans the booing must stop, Slobbo is worried that Goodes might self harm.

I have never heard such an overreaction to a topic that is media driven before.

If Goodes is in that place he should not be playing football, there again it was Slobbo.

Way way over the top

God damn it media are jumping on Goodes' utensil! Booing has been going on for years!

Name an example where it has been this bad? Just one.

Week upon week, team upon team, before the ball is bounced, for non footy related reasons.

Not even Jobe at the height of the Essendon saga got that.

Name just one other example.

Embarrassing.

For those who aren't booing for racist reasons (which I do accept is the majority), just stop. Whether you intend it or not, you are blatantly offending not only Goodes but all indigenous players. Why do it? Just stop.
Hawthorn fan? Defending Goodes? Is this real life?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll boo Goodes this weekend. Normally I wouldn't boo him, but this is about the principle. Booing tools for being tools is a footy fans right. The PC police will not take that right from me.

Anyone else catch Dermott's meltdown that made completely no sense on SEN? Biggest backfire I've ever seen. What a flog he is. It starts around the 11:40 minute mark after 11 minutes of truth and sense from Rebecca Wilson.

If he wasn't such a champion and played in a lesser team he probably wouldn't get booed for the 'standing up for his culture' stuff.

Other actors, drama queens, divers, snipers and cheats that play in other weaker sides don't cop it.

He's a victim of his own success and is more tall poppy syndrome than blatant racism.

Tall poppy syndrome has many positives and in this case is negative when media types want to make headlines on a subject they can't be wrong about.

If Goodes is playing the tears, it's last resort time and whatever they are doing is through lack of options.

Embarrassing.

For those who aren't booing for racist reasons (which I do accept is the majority), just stop. Whether you intend it or not, you are blatantly offending not only Goodes but all indigenous players. Why do it? Just stop.

Why did you single out indigenous players, and not apply it to ALL players?
Is that statement not a form of division?

YES

I'll cheer who I want to cheer for and boo the players I want to boo. The fact that Gilligan, Robbo and Caro have got on their high horse about it will only amplify the boos.
Mate each to their own.

If you honestly can't separate different circumstances and let something go, then I don't know.

Hope for Goodesy sake it doesn't affect him too much. Hope for your sake that no one in your family ever has to go through something like this.

Name an example where it has been this bad? Just one.

Week upon week, team upon team, before the ball is bounced, for non footy related reasons.

Not even Jobe at the height of the Essendon saga got that.

Name just one other example.
Maybe there hasn't been another player that has been this disliked by opposition fans?

Well, the simplest answer to your question is

1. It isn't for you, or me, or anyone who directly benefits from the murder and oppression of the aboriginal Australians to decide when it's time to move forward.

2. We cannot move forward while there is such violently racist feelings still evident among non-aboriginal Australians toward aboriginal Australians.

So you are saying white and Indigenius Australians should still hold a grudge against the Japanese for how they treated our prisoners of war?

If you go through history you could go on, and on and on, how many others have been persecuted over the journey, you are giving one example, what about the rest..........and like i said where does it end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back